What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 vs Cowboys

Dragon Revival

Juniors
We have six backs who are in our NRL Squad but have been ignored this year as follows:-
No Game Time
Two Fegais, Ramsey, Sauni-Esau
One Game
Sailor
A Few Games
Williame
In the forwards
No Game Time
Blacker
Pereira is too small, slow, runs around in circles rarely scores tries and should be replaced and Aitken is leaving so another ack should get a go.

Young is now the coach, so these sort of statement will wear thin very quickly. Blaming the team is no a trait of a NRL head coach. He needs to own the problem - its his responsibility.

If Young is serious, he needs to change the team, put pressure on non performing players by sitting them on the bench and watching. And make it clear publicly that they are on the bench because of their performance and nothing else.
Instead of making statements about players not doing their job to the media, he should (as you say) just drop them.
Actions speak louder than words and no one will criticize Young for being experimental from now until the end of the season.
I think his statements actually prove that his heart is in the right place but he just doesn't have the grounding and experience to be a FG coach.
Mary was learning on the job for nearly 7 years and look at the mess he left as his legacy.
We don't need another Mary disciple trying to learn on the job also.
Use of the bench was again a write off.
Couldn't close out yet another game.
Lots of one out running then kick game plan in evidence.
Gee, there's nothing to engender confidence, is there?

denis preston

First Grade
Hahahaha. Dean Young sure talks big about him not being happy about the players playing well enough even saying " same shit different day " but he won't change the lineup.

This club sure is a class act
Now if he is to walk the walk 3 or 4 changes required and if they be juniors than look towards next season. I bet he doesn't and just picks the same "old shit "

Still believe that Norman is only picked so he may fluke a few good games to make it easier for the club to flick him and get some other club interested to at least discuss it.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Now if he is to walk the walk 3 or 4 changes required and if they be juniors than look towards next season. I bet he doesn't and just picks the same "old shit "

Still believe that Norman is only picked so he may fluke a few good games to make it easier for the club to flick him and get some other club interested to at least discuss it.
Agree, hard sell if he’s not playing. Shags some form everyone’s a winner. I think so too.

denis preston

First Grade
How to ruin a perfectly pleasant weekend!!
I've had it with this mob and don't care who has to go, but we need things to change and stop this crap.
* We have 2 inexperienced props and Ellis, a last minute fill in. None of these are good enough for a starting run. Reserves and backups only. Need at least 2 good props plus DeBelin.
* Frizell got tackled by the NQ no.7 one on one.
* Dragons defence fell for every set play, inside pass, dummy, and flick pass.
* Defence just fails to pressure the opposition.
* NQ regularly made 60m+ in their sets
* Good to see Host make the most of his opportunity....Tariq may need to head back to the front row.
* If this is how the players respond to Dean Young he should not be coach or an assistant either.
* If Furner thinks this group is good enough to be top 4, he should not get the job.
* I'm still hoping for Bennett to come over.

Not sure I can keep this up, need to find an interest that has a chance of providing enjoyment.

Been one of the best forwards for the past month.Pity as he hasn't been offered a contract renewal by the club.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
So sad how we have juniors that are literally Panthers quality who could change this club for the better and dominate the comp, and yet we sign and retain old farts who do jack shit...

Latest posts