What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18, Penrith Panthers Vs Para Eewls

MugaB

Coach
videotogif_2020.09.04_09.26.47.gif

Let start bagging these bastərds right now, Friday Night Fight Night
BATTLE OF THE WEST BABY!!!!

God i hate the eels, even worse that we've had no losses barr that one game against those flakes, I'd rather have lost to the bulldogs then that bunch of degenerates

Jane Murray

Bench
I wonder who gets dropped for Yeo? It would be Spencer unfortunately. If Spencer was given more playing time last night, he would have topped the 200 meter mark. He recorded 171 meters in 26 minutes.

murraymob

Coach
During all our lean years and there have been plenty of them.This is game that became our grand final .I have plenty of mates who are parra supporters and the friendly banter has already started .Its a fun week that shows you what footy is all about regardless of where both teams are on the table

WestyLife

First Grade
View attachment 41601

Let start bagging these bastərds right now, Friday Night Fight Night
BATTLE OF THE WEST BABY!!!!

God i hate the eels, even worse that we've had no losses barr that one game against those flakes, I'd rather have lost to the bulldogs then that bunch of degenerates

To be fair that loss makes sense when you consider how charity for the less fortunate is very important to Panthers.

Kilkenny

Coach
3 middles on bench I dunno. Maybe Yeo will be rested another week.

I can’t drop Lenui. I saw Jane suggesting he ran for 170 metres or so in his 26 minutes. Who does that except for a really talented powerhouse that Spencer is. I tend to think the whole playing in the middle or on the edge is splitting hairs, does it really matter in the way the game is played now.

Jane Murray

Bench
I can’t drop Lenui. I saw Jane suggesting he ran for 170 metres or so in his 26 minutes. Who does that except for a really talented powerhouse that Spencer is. I tend to think the whole playing in the middle or on the edge is splitting hairs, does it really matter in the way the game is played now.

Attachments

• Screenshot 09_04_2020 06_09_23.png
    Screenshot 09_04_2020 06_09_23.png
    311.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot 09_04_2020 06_10_22.png
    Screenshot 09_04_2020 06_10_22.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 15

John Hamblin

Juniors
If Spencer doesn't play against the Eels he could play the following week and we could rest one of the other middles. If we are resting anyone it would be JFH . He was great last night but could benefit from a break. He is pivotal to our chances in the finals!!

franklin2323

Immortal

Leota misses out if I was picking the team. Not where he is playing overly bad but Tetevano and Leinu offer more off the bench

Kilkenny

Coach
Lenui can simply play wider of the ruck or first hit up. I don’t see the issue and the need for Capewell ahead of those who have got us to where we are. For me given Yeo is back Capewell can be 18th man. I don’t see he offers more than those who are doing the job, have done the job that he automatically comes into the side.

franklin2323

Immortal
Lenui can simply play wider of the ruck or first hit up. I don’t see the issue and the need for Capewell ahead of those who have got us to where we are. For me given Yeo is back Capewell can be 18th man. I don’t see he offers more than those who are doing the job, have done the job that he automatically comes into the side.

Defence, stamina many reasons you want a bench 2nd rower.

If Martin or Kikau go down even with a HIA early in a semi then you need someone to come on and play long minutes. Leinu isn't up to that yet.

Burns is struggling with the pace of FG atm.
May is too small
Capewell has played semis. Was in SOO camp last year. Getting him with match fitness ticks that box off

franklin2323

Immortal
If Spencer doesn't play against the Eels he could play the following week and we could rest one of the other middles. If we are resting anyone it would be JFH . He was great last night but could benefit from a break. He is pivotal to our chances in the finals!!

I'd rest everyone that hasn't miss a game a break over the last 2 games. Gets Burton, Whare, Staines etc game time

franklin2323

Immortal
We will continue to play our best side rightly so. No need for any of the three you mention other than unforeseen injury.

How do they get match fitness? The old days they would play Lower grades. Not the case this year. Once Minor premiership is sorted then give fringe guys a game

maple_69

Bench
Agree. It’s one thing to play your best side, it’s another to ignore reality that injuries happen and the best prepared team is the best chance of winning it all.

Tamou, JFH, Mansour and Cleary would all be getting a game off after the Eels for mine with Yeo sitting is out one more week.

There’s a few games to play but it’s going to be ruthless to drop Leniu at this stage. It was mentioned he clocked 170m from 26 minutes but it’s wasn’t mentioned that was from only 13 runs. Obviously he’s come on when the going is a bit easier but there’s not many props who average more metres per carry than Leniu full stop. I think Capewell has 3 games to claim the spot but it’s Leniu’s atm.

Jane Murray

Bench
Agree. It’s one thing to play your best side, it’s another to ignore reality that injuries happen and the best prepared team is the best chance of winning it all.

Tamou, JFH, Mansour and Cleary would all be getting a game off after the Eels for mine with Yeo sitting is out one more week.

There’s a few games to play but it’s going to be ruthless to drop Leniu at this stage. It was mentioned he clocked 170m from 26 minutes but it’s wasn’t mentioned that was from only 13 runs. Obviously he’s come on when the going is a bit easier but there’s not many props who average more metres per carry than Leniu full stop. I think Capewell has 3 games to claim the spot but it’s Leniu’s atm.

I mentioned it. I put up a screen shoot of that.

The_Frog

First Grade
I'd rest everyone that hasn't miss a game a break over the last 2 games. Gets Burton, Whare, Staines etc game time
I'd be looking at playing Burton against the Bulldogs. I don't think Whare or Staines really need a game. Especially with Staines being in the sights of other clubs. Maybe rest JFH from that game as well.

Latest posts