What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 Sunday 14th July v Bulldogs @ ANZ Stadium

ThingFish

Juniors
I need to take a moment to process that..... what happened today was exactly what I expected...

These mobs down bottom are throwing it around as they please with nothing to lose trying to avoid the spoon... these are danger games.....

Cookie probs rests for the next one....
:joy::joy::joy:Mate keep doing what you’re doing, you’ll be right eventually, but I’m glad you’ve been wrong for 7 weeks.:joy::joy:

Rabbits20

Immortal
:joy::joy::joy:Mate keep doing what you’re doing, you’ll be right eventually, but I’m glad you’ve been wrong for 7 weeks.:joy::joy:
I have not said we are gonna lose though so I don't know why that's the mentality... what I'm saying like Callmack is we can't get cocky as that's when things can turn South!

What I've said is I don't think we will be at our best and you can't just assume things will happen for you. You have to turn up switched on ready to play every week!

I think we will beat the Dogs but that they'll give us an almighty gritty scare!

We need to get through the end of this origin period.....

ThingFish

Juniors
I have not said we are gonna lose though so I don't know why that's the mentality... what I'm saying like Callmack is we can't get cocky as that's when things can turn South!

What I've said is I don't think we will be at our best and you can't just assume things will happen for you. You have to turn up switched on ready to play every week!

I think we will beat the Dogs but that they'll give us an almighty gritty scare!

We need to get through the end of this origin period.....
Whooo... settle down, it wouldn’t be a lead up to each game without your nervousness, I set my watch by it, I enjoy it. I’m not having a go, keep it up. You type what every Souths fan feels before every game, but I hope you’re wrong for another 14 or so weeks:smiley:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Whooo... settle down, it wouldn’t be a lead up to each game without your nervousness, I set my watch by it, I enjoy it. I’m not having a go, keep it up. You type what every Souths fan feels before every game, but I hope you’re wrong for another 14 or so weeks:smiley:
I'm not settled yet mate.. come back to me if we make the prelim and Cecchin is head ref......

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Can't see the Dog's getting close to us,their spine is garbage and they only got over the Knights because they lost their fullback and hooker.
A few runs by our big fellas at their 6 and 7 will have them ducking for cover very quickly and we will carve them up on the edges.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Can't see the Dog's getting close to us,their spine is garbage and they only got over the Knights because they lost their fullback and hooker.
A few runs by our big fellas at their 6 and 7 will have them ducking for cover very quickly and we will carve them up on the edges.
This is how I expect we line up mate: (Cookie and Angus plus Gagai to be named but then rested. Clarky will be suspended for a couple of games too probably)

AJ
Campbell
Hunt
Douiehi
Jennings
Cody
AR
Tom
Mcilwrick
George
Sutton
Sam
Murray

Brittain
Nicholls
Fuimaono
Tatola

Certainly not a team that I think can flog the Dogs! I think we can win though but not in an easy manner!

ThingFish

Juniors
This is how I expect we line up mate: (Cookie and Angus plus Gagai to be named but then rested. Clarky will be suspended for a couple of games too probably)

AJ
Campbell
Hunt
Douiehi
Jennings
Cody
AR
Tom
Mcilwrick
George
Sutton
Sam
Murray

Brittain
Nicholls
Fuimaono
Tatola

Certainly not a team that I think can flog the Dogs! I think we can win though but not in an easy manner!
Yeah that really is stretching our depth. Maybe this is the game to give Hiroti a shot at FG. There’s nothing really to loose. If we drop 2pts it’s not the end of the world. Maybe Hiroti to the centres, Doueihi to the bench, Brittain to 18

Rabbits20

Immortal
Yeah that really is stretching our depth. Maybe this is the game to give Hiroti a shot at FG. There’s nothing really to loose. If we drop 2pts it’s not the end of the world. Maybe Hiroti to the centres, Doueihi to the bench, Brittain to 18
Yep hence why I think it'll be a tough gritty game!

Can't see him playing Hiroti unless if maybe Douiehi or Hunt go down at training.

Even if that happened he's probably just put Fui at centre and bring Turner or Britt onto the bench!

We should be allowed to name a 23 man squad for this match! I reckon the 18-23 looks like this:

18. Mcilwrick
19. Fuimaono
20. Turner
21. Brittain
22. Hiroti
23. Britt/Tracey

With the no.18, 19 and 21 coming in as I predicted...

Rabbits20

Immortal
So our back line will most likely be without:

Kennar
Burns
GI
Gagai

Forwards without:

Cook
Angus
Clark
Musgrove

Let's hope that is all we are without. Can't afford anymore!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Don't rest COOK--he's probably the fittest player in the NRL!!
Seibs may wanna be careful of burn out though causing higher risk of injury...

I think he will rest him but who knows, maybe he will decide to start Mcilwrick and bring Cookie on for the last 50mins!

On triple M tonight they reckon Seibs will rest all our origin guys!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Angus also prob won’t be on big minutes. I reckon he could back up.
On the topic of Angus he's actually been immense for us on that right edge and I don't think some have realised that! He's sure putting in and been doing the little things well... hopefully he keeps kicking on and helps us to 22!

He will leave a big hole next year!

His 18 metre run late in the game when we needed it tonight was great plus when he kicked the ball dead in the nick of time amongst other things I know he did today but I can't quite recall!!!