What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 vs Raiders

Some of Saints executions are terrible and costs them dearly. They should have lead the Cows by 20 at half time last week but bombed so many scoring chances. This week they were having a dig in the first half but again:

...Lomax 5 drop balls

Instead of scoring we end up defending (badly). I for one hope we never put a bomb up again for the rest of the year. No one ever chases (despite some good kicks) and compete in the air, so why bother, might as well just run it and get some practice.

Lomax had a stinker.
Was it possibly because the winger with whom he has formed a combination over the last few weeks was needlessly dropped by Supercoach Young?
If Supercoach wanted to grant Ramsey his debut he could have shuffled the backline thus :
1 Duffer 2 Ramsey 3 JP 4 Lomax 5 Rava 6 Clune 7 Hunt
I reckon JP would go okay in the centres and, besides, he is starving to death outside Aitken, who has a chronic case of Timmins Disease. By which I mean he couldn't pass if he drank two bottles of metamucil.

George Dragon

Juniors
Guys tell me im wrong but did Hosty sit on the banch for the entire game ? I cant remember seeing him at all . If he didnt get a run I think mini me supercoach need sto explain why -- we were getting outplayed so leave a forward off for the duration ?? and surely we must put an end to the reserve hooker on the bench .. Long 2 weeks coming up after that performance
Injured calf in the captains run yesterday, didn't feel 100% in warm up and ruled himself out.

hazzbeen

Bench
Host, big enough, but he needs more mongrel in him...
We need players like Bennett, bought to the club... Jeremy Smith,
Nevelle Costigan, and Michael Wheyman.
Yep we need a couple of forwards that are a pain in the backside that dont give a F**K ...that can put the opposition off their game ..... we dont have that.....

redv13

Bench
There are a few current players who should never wear the red v again. Embarrassing, disappointing, disgraceful are just a few words to describe these wankers who continue to bleed the club of some serious $$$ every month. These jerk off’s should be ashamed to collect a pay packet. This bloody disaster of a season can’t finish quick enough. So sad and frustrated right now. DY, you’re a mug who needs to piss off too, this last month you have clearly shown that you have a serious head full of McFlopness engrained in you

Dragonslayer

First Grade
What was plainly evident today was how poor our defense is in 2 areas:

1. Reaction time to reset after a tackle close to the line. This may have something to do with fatigue. The Raiders first try is evidence of this.

2. The freeway between Frizell and Norman.

I was going to add in Dufty being out of position a number of times, but its been covered many times already.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Yep we need a couple of forwards that are a pain in the backside that dont give a F**K ...that can put the opposition off their game ..... we dont have that.....
Its not just that, really we just need a team full of players that do their job properly. Stuff all this effort rubbish, EA always has effort so he won't get dropped but he cant pass so there is no point spreading the ball his way unless there is a yawning gap he can run into. Dufty probably trains hard but he rarely contests high balls. Give me a centre that can setup his winger over one that makes 200m a game. Give me a safe solid fullback over one that sets up 2 tries a game but lets in 4. If Norman did his job Dufty would become redundant. If Hunt did his job at 7 we wouldn't need him at 9 playmaking from there. McInnes does his job at 9 and does it well and if our halves did theirs the team would go a lot better. It would be nice to have standards for each position beginning with the fundamentals. If you cant do the few fundamental things in your position you dont even make FG, If it is between two players who do the fundamentals well but one has X factor, sweet use that player. But for me if we had a team full of solid FG standard players that all did their job at a minimum with a handful with X factor you have a team that will win games.

Dragon David

First Grade
Been saying this for a while. We need big, strong islander guys who don't give a F...k!! Let each tackle count in defence and tough as teak to tackle in attack. Where are you fellas? The Dragons need you!

Dragon David

First Grade
Lomax had a stinker.
Was it possibly because the winger with whom he has formed a combination over the last few weeks was needlessly dropped by Supercoach Young?
If Supercoach wanted to grant Ramsey his debut he could have shuffled the backline thus :
I reckon JP would go okay in the centres and, besides, he is starving to death outside Aitken, who has a chronic case of Timmins Disease. By which I mean he couldn't pass if he drank two bottles of metamucil.
When Lomax has an off day, we suck.

Dragon David

First Grade
There are a few current players who should never wear the red v again. Embarrassing, disappointing, disgraceful are just a few words to describe these wankers who continue to bleed the club of some serious $$$ every month. These jerk off’s should be ashamed to collect a pay packet. This bloody disaster of a season can’t finish quick enough. So sad and frustrated right now. DY, you’re a mug who needs to piss off too, this last month you have clearly shown that you have a serious head full of McFlopness engrained in you
Also, what are Flanagan and Shepherd doing with the squad? They are just going through the motions like most of our players who cannot wait to leave the trouble bubble and get home and say, "thank goodness this year is over".

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Lomax had a stinker.

nah...it was because he kept dropping the friggin ball!

We have to be sympathetic toward the players.

They have had poor game plans and bench use for a long time. They are all better than they look under this debacle of a coaching period.

This year, with Mary, Shane and Dean all trying new (losing) strategies, their minds must be so hazy. Compare that to the Storm or Roosters who have had clear, consistent, winning messages for years and years.

thebigredv

First Grade
We have to be sympathetic toward the players.

They have had poor game plans and bench use for a long time. They are all better than they look under this debacle of a coaching period.

This year, with Mary, Shane and Dean all trying new (losing) strategies, their minds must be so hazy. Compare that to the Storm or Roosters who have had clear, consistent, winning messages for years and years.

Do not disagree the players are at a disadvantage. Very true. I am just finding it hard now to believe that some of them, especially the ones on big money, couldn't have risen above it once or twice here or there. If we go by their word they always have faith in the coach - that's what the fans get told.

We invest our time watching these players and every game, with the exception of the captain, they stop playing, they get dejected and they allow the other 17 human beings to trample all over them. That's what I've witnessed pretty much ever since JDB and T Sims weren't folding players in half anymore. Soft and insipid.

Yep the coaching isn't at all sufficient but it seems to transcend that.

Latest posts