What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 vs Sea Eagles

rasaint

Juniors
Flip this around a bit.

St G are a fabulous club going back to 1921; that is a century of being a huge part of the on going success, development of the interest and support of the sport of Rugby League. The game which now provides enormous $$$$$ for many persons to enjoy these days.

It would be pathetic to hammer the club with that history. This is not the ‘huge’ issue ( players in the bubble at a private house) being promoted by a number of anti dragons stakeholders.

Id be surprised at anything more than fines to players.

thebigredv

First Grade
They will but this is one time we need to stand up to them.

If our players are suspended when Dugan and Bulldogs players weren't, the club should tell the NRL we'll be forfeiting all games they are missing from.

They love making their rules up on the run. The NRL will make allowances for us to dip into our Cup team it seems.

I say, if they enact that rule, the club needs to simply forfeit. We have no obligation to pull players from a competition that is not currently operating. We always knew we have a bunch of idiot players at our club but the club as a whole, the coach and fans should not have to be belted by 100 by Manly and put on display for these selfish adults 'actions.

The NRL would want to avoid a forfeit at all costs. I won't be the only fan to walk either if they bully us on this one.

BLM01

First Grade
They love making their rules up on the run. The NRL will make allowances for us to dip into our Cup team it seems.

I say, if they enact that rule, the club needs to simply forfeit. We have no obligation to pull players from a competition that is not currently operating. We always knew we have a bunch of idiot players at our club but the club as a whole, the coach and fans should not have to be belted by 100 by Manly and put on display for these selfish adults 'actions.

The NRL would want to avoid a forfeit at all costs. I won't be the only fan to walk either if they bully us on this one.
Yes we do have an obligation to field a side if the NRL allow us an exemption for 1 week to use other players
A forfeit will not be allowed It is unfair for the rest of the competition
That is our mess and we need to suffer the consequences

thebigredv

First Grade
This will be fun.

1. Sloan
2. Ramsey
3. Williame
4. Max Feagai / Hopoate (if it eventuates)
5. Matt Feagai
6. Sullivan
7. Hunt
8. Faamusili
9. McCullogh
10. J Sua (have to make it happen)
11. Sims
12. Ford
13. De Belin

14. Amone/Clune
15. J Hunt
16. Burns
17. Coric or Chalker (I havent seen much KOE cup so just going off what I've heard)

Backs not a real issue, maybe even an improvement.
Forwards will be monstered. Scraping the absolute bottom.

If we don't forfeit could be an interesting game to watch. Need a sheer defensive game plan just to keep it from getting embarrassing.

Most importantly, happy to see all party goers banned from the club for life. That's the main thing that needs to come out of this Otherwise we can expect more disappointment in the years to come.

mickeylane

Bench
Without a forward pack? Yeah pretty hard to picture that.
I'm confused if Fuimaono was at the party, he's on one list and not on another ..if not forward pack could be :

JDB
Burns
Fuimaono
Poasa
McCulloch
Sims

J Hunt
Ford
Clune
H Lomax

PS: would not be surprised if Dragons ask for Sua immediately off the Rabbitohs..I reckon Vaughan and maybe Norman gone for the year..

thebigredv

First Grade
I'm confused if Fuimaono was at the party, he's on one list and not on another ..if not forward pack could be :

JDB
Burns
Fuimaono
Poasa
McCulloch
Sims

J Hunt
Ford
Clune
H Lomax

PS: would not be surprised if Dragons ask for Sua immediately off the Rabbitohs..I reckon Vaughan and maybe Norman gone for the year..

He was there. Can't be selected. Hope Sua happens asap but doubt rabbits will assist unless it suits them somehow. Otherwise, just get whoever has the biggest body at this point.

If the players just cop the one week suspension we can maybe keep Manly to within 30 point margin at the very best imo. Then we can start to move on from this mess.

mickeylane

Bench
He was there. Can't be selected. Hope Sua happens asap but doubt rabbits will assist unless it suits them somehow. Otherwise, just get whoever has the biggest body at this point.

If the players just cop the one week suspension we can maybe keep Manly to within 30 point margin at the very best imo. Then we can start to move on from this mess.
Many without Tommy wont be as potent ...also potentially DCE could be out..Im confident we wont be a rabble...the joint will be pumped up to ensure we don't capitulate...as long as Hunt plays

BLM01

First Grade
This will be fun.

1. Sloan
2. Ramsey
3. Williame
4. Max Feagai / Hopoate (if it eventuates)
5. Matt Feagai
6. Sullivan
7. Hunt
8. Faamusili
9. McCullogh
10. J Sua (have to make it happen)
11. Sims
12. Ford
13. De Belin

14. Amone/Clune
15. J Hunt
16. Burns
17. Coric or Chalker (I havent seen much KOE cup so just going off what I've heard)

Backs not a real issue, maybe even an improvement.
Forwards will be monstered. Scraping the absolute bottom.

If we don't forfeit could be an interesting game to watch. Need a sheer defensive game plan just to keep it from getting embarrassing.

Most importantly, happy to see all party goers banned from the club for life. That's the main thing that needs to come out of this Otherwise we can expect more disappointment in the years to come.
Not a bad side on paper at all
Banning for life All 12, that is an over reaction

BLM01

First Grade
Many without Tommy wont be as potent ...also potentially DCE could be out..Im confident we wont be a rabble...the joint will be pumped up to ensure we don't capitulate...as long as Hunt plays
See people are already starting to picture some sort of against the odds win

thebigredv

First Grade
Not a bad side on paper at all
Banning for life All 12, that is an over reaction
It may seem like an overreaction but what does them copping a monetary fine do to give back to the supporters who are paying the biggest price here?

I doubt half those soft players will care if they miss a match or two or three.

If our response as a club is going to be soft then we can expect more soft efforts going forward. They knew well what was expected and flouted it brazenly. Sack them, don't pay them, make them do service to the game/community, just don't let them pay it off and sit it out.

Imagine if they had pride in the jersey like the 3 origin players do for theirs.

BLM01

First Grade
It may seem like an overreaction but what does them copping a monetary fine do to give back to the supporters who are paying the biggest price here?

I doubt half those soft players will care if they miss a match or two or three.

If our response as a club is going to be soft then we can expect more soft efforts going forward. They knew well what was expected and flouted it brazenly. Sack them, don't pay them, make them do service to the game/community, just don't let them pay it off and sit it out.

Imagine if they had pride in the jersey like the 3 origin players do for theirs.
LOL... dramatisation at its best
the police / govt see fit to fine them $1000 each and send them home
You want the club to ban for life and tear up their contract
You want the NRL to Make them do community service work
We are not really suffering as fans as will always have a club, other players but in reality we just gonna have a weak squad for 1-2 games and have put in jeopardy finishing 7th or 8th

Fining them heavily from their pay is what will hurt the most and only them
Doing what you suggest hurts the fans more
just a bit of perspective wouldn’t go astray

thebigredv

First Grade
LOL... dramatisation at its best
the police / govt see fit to fine them $1000 each and send them home
You want the club to ban for life and tear up their contract
You want the NRL to Make them do community service work
We are not really suffering as fans as will always have a club, other players but in reality we just gonna have a weak squad for 1-2 games and have put in jeopardy finishing 7th or 8th

Fining them heavily from their pay is what will hurt the most and only them
Doing what you suggest hurts the fans more
just a bit of perspective wouldn’t go astray
Perspective?

From my perspective we have players with weak mentalities and poor judgement issues on and off the field. Please see results from last 9 years as evidence.

I want the club (not NRL) to take the action and make a proper stand to say we are better and bigger than these individuals who call themselves Dragons.