What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 vs. Wests Tigers Discussion

Big Pete

Referee
Brisbane Broncos vs. Wests Tigers
Suncorp Stadium, Sunday 18 July 2021
Kick Off: 4:00pm

BRISBANE-2021.png

1. Tesi Niu 2. Corey Oates 3. Kotoni Staggs 4. Herbie Farnworth 21. Jamayne Isaako 6. Tyson Gamble 7. Brodie Croft 8. Rhys Kennedy 9. Jake Turpin 10. Payne Haas 11. Alex Glenn 12. TC Robati 13. Kobe Hetherington

Interchange: 15. Thomas Flegler 16. Keenan Palasia 17. Jordan Riki 19. Jesse Arthars

Reserves: 18. Ethan Bullemor 5. Xavier Coates 14. Cory Paix 20. Xavier Willison​

WESTSTIGERS-2021.png

1. Daine Laurie 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Junior Pauga 19. Tommy Talau 5. Ken Maumalo 6. Adam Doueihi 7. Luke Brooks 8. Stefano Utoikamanu 9. Jacob Liddle 10. James Tamou 11. Luke Garner 12. Luciano Leilua 13. Thomas Mikaele

Interchange: 14. Joe Ofahengaue 15. Alex Twal 16. Tukimihia Simpkins 17. Moses Mbye

Reserves: 4. James Roberts 18. Michael Chee-Kam 20. Alex Seyfarth 21. Shawn Blore​

Big Pete

Referee
Only one change from last week's win against Cronulla. Thomas Flegler replaces Ethan Bullemor on the bench with Palasia managing to retain after his best performance in first grade.

The Broncos just need to try and repeat what they did against the Sharks. Get a good roll-on through the middle and then look to test them on the right edge. Staggs doesn't need much of an invitation and even when he doesn't score he usually gives the Broncos a good platform to work off of.

The Tigers are something of a bad match up for them. They love an attacking kick which is an area the Broncos back three is very vulnerable in. Niu especially is going to have to show more confidence under the high ball otherwise it's going to be a long night for him and his team.

Nerd

Bench
That game from Croft was just abysmal. 3 times he sprinted out of the line for 3 Tigers tries. Twice the hoax over ran the dummy half for a forward pass. With the amount of errors both Isaako and Croft alone handed to the Tigers we had no chance.

charlie frith

Juniors
That game from Croft was just abysmal. 3 times he sprinted out of the line for 3 Tigers tries. Twice the hoax over ran the dummy half for a forward pass. With the amount of errors both Isaako and Croft alone handed to the Tigers we had no chance.
Ask Kevvy why he keeps picking those blokes. Brody Croft isn’t NRL standard . That’s why Bellamy let him go. He is awful.

Big Pete

Referee
All things told it was an embarrassing loss. It was one of those games that could have been anything but Brisbane didn't take their opportunities when they were on offer and their defence was deplorable. That left edge in particular had a shocker and just made life so easy for Doeuihi and co. There was just no communication out there with players jumping out and putting themselves out of play.

I thought the Broncos continued to put up better shapes with Niu at the back and Staggs in the centres. Haas again was strong through the middle and I thought Riki had one of his better games despite the rookie errors. It'll be interesting to see if they can build on that performance.

Nerd

Bench
Ask Kevvy why he keeps picking those blokes. Brody Croft isn’t NRL standard . That’s why Bellamy let him go. He is awful.
I and every other Broncos fan are also stunned that Kevvie keeps giving Croft a run. Croft must show something at training then just completely shits the bed during a game. Hopefully him and Isaako are told the club is fine with them looking elsewhere as they won't be required next year.

League guru

Juniors
I and every other Broncos fan are also stunned that Kevvie keeps giving Croft a run. Croft must show something at training then just completely shits the bed during a game. Hopefully him and Isaako are told the club is fine with them looking elsewhere as they won't be required next year.
But wait. Aren't they signing Billy Walters. Another half that can't play. Tyson Gamble also needs to get a few runs on the board before he continues with his tough guy, cheap shots.

Nerd

Bench
But wait. Aren't they signing Billy Walters. Another half that can't play. Tyson Gamble also needs to get a few runs on the board before he continues with his tough guy, cheap shots.
I'm happy with how Gamble is playing and he was easily our best half today. Kevvie is obviously looking after his son and to be honest I can't remember ever seeing Billy Walters play so no comment on his ability but surely he can't be worse than Croft.

Bronco18

Juniors

I think Kelly is back from his hamstring troubles next week regardless.

Not sure what we're doing about Isaako on the wing longterm though, is Cobbo available again?

Nerd

Bench
I think Kelly is back from his hamstring troubles next week regardless.

Not sure what we're doing about Isaako on the wing longterm though, is Cobbo available again?
Fingers crossed that Kelly is good to go. Hopefully Isaako is with another club next year but after this and the last few performances just about anyone in the squad is a better option than Isaako. We have other goal kickers in the squad who don't kick it dead off the kick every second game and who don't run into touch on the first tackle.

blaza88z

Coach

I can understand why you'd hate seeing him play but the guy is a fierce competitor and has done a fair share of his time in NSW/QLD Cup, he is exactly what we need and I love the way he plays his footy

Don't really give a shit if opposition fans don't like it

Showtime

Juniors
That was a frustrating loss, we should’ve been up by 18 at half time. Every time we went to their right edge we made metres or scored but didn’t go there enough.

It seems to annoy me more than others but it was a typical Alex Glenn performance….parks himself on an edge and contributes 7 runs for 58m. I can’t wait to see the end of him.

Do we have any decent young props coming through to partner Haas?

blaza88z

Coach
That was a frustrating loss, we should’ve been up by 18 at half time. Every time we went to their right edge we made metres or scored but didn’t go there enough.

It seems to annoy me more than others but it was a typical Alex Glenn performance….parks himself on an edge and contributes 7 runs for 58m. I can’t wait to see the end of him.

Do we have any decent young props coming through to partner Haas?

If we didn't give them so many free cracks at our line I reckon we win that game quite easily, in the general flow of the game we were clearly on top

They just made the most of our terrible edge defensively and we gave them so many chances to do so