What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 - Rabbitohs vs Bulldogs: Thursday 17th September 7:50pm @ANZ Stadium

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
If it ain't broke, why mess with it?

Marsters has played every game at right centre, tonight he is on the left, and Campbell on the right, and our D has been poor on both edges tonite.

And Paulo is getting torched, he's out of position. I've seen enough of him to say he needs to spend some time in the lower grades (if they ever play those comps again)

NovoBunny94

Juniors
He is the worst ref in the NRL.
He killed us against Melbourne, and he's doing it again.
Not to mention a massive stuff up in our favour with the Paulo try.

On the contrary we played like shit and deserve to lose. We wont win against the roosters will means we will most likely be 7-8th... we need an attitude adjustment wow

truthslayer

Juniors
What a shocker. Started like we were asleep, Masters was ordinary looked heavy and slow, where is Canterbury on the ladder? bottom! The players let themselves down, Liam Knight back to his best brainless form. Miss Tatoloa, so how did Canterbury keep playing so quick early some of the forwards asleep. The Ref was on a par with souths tonight awful. Sua should never have been binned. Souths back in the game and Liam Knight starts playing for the opposition. Support play was terrible.

callmack1

Staff member
I'm going to make this a lot more brief then normal because I'm so wild right now. Not holding back either.

What an absolute f**kin disgrace that was! Seriously, disgraceful. The boys should hang their heads in shame after that. With respect to the Dogs, how do we seriously lose to them? They'd won two bloody games all year before tonight and we just got completely outclassed by the last placed side. Honestly, I can't believe it, it defies belief. The boys were so complacent. Like, how can everyone on here expect a good performance from Canterbury but the boys can't? We turned up looking like we were entitled to win. Seriously, what a disgrace.

When we actually got our shit together, we attacked well. Looked dominant in fact and scored some beautiful tries. The Dogs struggled to contain us in the middle period of that game. But why the hell couldn't we have played like that for the full eighty?!!! But no, once again we make crucial errors at crucial times and just play dumb! Where was the support play for the ball carrier tonight? Could've scored plenty if the boys actually supported each other. It absolutely defies belief.

What defies belief even more though is the defence. We looked so fragile. Too much space around the ruck, no line speed, all at sea on both edges, giving away plenty of set restarts, just awful.

Allan: Did okay but didn't offer enough. Safe under the ball at the back, made some great tackles and the catch and pass for Graham's try was superb. However, that's about all he offered and we need more.

Johnston: Was okay. A few good runs and a nice finish for his try but otherwise didn't offer a lot. Was poor under the high ball.

Marsters: No idea what Wayne was thinking shifting him to the left. Terrible game. Leaving Cody all on his own to defend Remis-Smith was the final straw.

Graham: One of the only outside backs who played decent. Scored a nice try and had plenty of good runs. Tried his guts out.

Paulo: A terrible game from Jaxson. Had about one good run and that was about it. The rest of the time was spent falling asleep on that right edge and giving them chances. His defence just wasn't good enough and he was teribble under the high ball, that cost us. I think jaxson could benefit from a stint on the sidelines.

Walker: Probably one of our best and to be honest, I can't really fault him (seems weird to say when most others were so poor). When the side got going and we looked good, Cody was on fire. Two brilliat try In fact, we probably got ourselves back in that game because of Cody. Almost everthing good we did came off the back of him. Only blemish was his inability to stop remis-Smith's try by that was more Marsters fault as that forced Cody into a one on one tackle.

Reynolds: Was solid. Apart from one kick, his kicking game was on song, he ran more and took the line on. I liked seeing the halve combine. So our halves played well, it's just a shame no one followed.

Knight: Man, I am most fuming at him right now. Once again his own errors killed us. Not only that but they were simple and at crucial times. He just killed the whole game with his errors and it'd not good enough.

Cook: Cookie was good. Crisp service from dummy half, Ran quite a lot which really put the Bulldogs in two minds and his defence was quality as per usual. Another one of our best.

Burgess: Was quiet for most of the game. A few decent runs but otherwise he was quiet.

Su'A: Jaydn was immense all game. His sin bin was a joke (I thought it was shoulder to shoulder) and we really lost out with him off. Once he came back he sparked a revival. He just gave it his all all night and really troubled the Dogs with his power and speed. Certainly one of our best.

Sironen: Apart from some defent lines run off Cody, he was quiet.

Murray: Cam was pretty good, impressive in fact. His usual 100% performance.

Nicholls: Nico was solid, did his job well.

Cartwright: I was really impressed with him!! Came on in place of Marsters and looked far better.

Sele: Didn't get many minutes but it was a solid return.

Koloamatangi: Did good but wasn't at his usual level of impact. Was a bit off.

Seriously though, I'm wild. In a big game, that was so complacent and I have no idea where that attitude comes from. It was disgraceful, that's the only word I can use. We have just undone all our hard work over the past seven weeks and based on that form we don't deserve to be in the eight.

Massive amount of work to be done.

Enough said...

NovoBunny94

Juniors
I'm going to make this a lot more brief then normal because I'm so wild right now. Not holding back either.

What an absolute f**kin disgrace that was! Seriously, disgraceful. The boys should hang their heads in shame after that. With respect to the Dogs, how do we seriously lose to them? They'd won two bloody games all year before tonight and we just got completely outclassed by the last placed side. Honestly, I can't believe it, it defies belief. The boys were so complacent. Like, how can everyone on here expect a good performance from Canterbury but the boys can't? We turned up looking like we were entitled to win. Seriously, what a disgrace.

When we actually got our shit together, we attacked well. Looked dominant in fact and scored some beautiful tries. The Dogs struggled to contain us in the middle period of that game. But why the hell couldn't we have played like that for the full eighty?!!! But no, once again we make crucial errors at crucial times and just play dumb! Where was the support play for the ball carrier tonight? Could've scored plenty if the boys actually supported each other. It absolutely defies belief.

What defies belief even more though is the defence. We looked so fragile. Too much space around the ruck, no line speed, all at sea on both edges, giving away plenty of set restarts, just awful.

Allan: Did okay but didn't offer enough. Safe under the ball at the back, made some great tackles and the catch and pass for Graham's try was superb. However, that's about all he offered and we need more.

Johnston: Was okay. A few good runs and a nice finish for his try but otherwise didn't offer a lot. Was poor under the high ball.

Marsters: No idea what Wayne was thinking shifting him to the left. Terrible game. Leaving Cody all on his own to defend Remis-Smith was the final straw.

Graham: One of the only outside backs who played decent. Scored a nice try and had plenty of good runs. Tried his guts out.

Paulo: A terrible game from Jaxson. Had about one good run and that was about it. The rest of the time was spent falling asleep on that right edge and giving them chances. His defence just wasn't good enough and he was teribble under the high ball, that cost us. I think jaxson could benefit from a stint on the sidelines.

Walker: Probably one of our best and to be honest, I can't really fault him (seems weird to say when most others were so poor). When the side got going and we looked good, Cody was on fire. Two brilliat try In fact, we probably got ourselves back in that game because of Cody. Almost everthing good we did came off the back of him. Only blemish was his inability to stop remis-Smith's try by that was more Marsters fault as that forced Cody into a one on one tackle.

Reynolds: Was solid. Apart from one kick, his kicking game was on song, he ran more and took the line on. I liked seeing the halve combine. So our halves played well, it's just a shame no one followed.

Knight: Man, I am most fuming at him right now. Once again his own errors killed us. Not only that but they were simple and at crucial times. He just killed the whole game with his errors and it'd not good enough.

Cook: Cookie was good. Crisp service from dummy half, Ran quite a lot which really put the Bulldogs in two minds and his defence was quality as per usual. Another one of our best.

Burgess: Was quiet for most of the game. A few decent runs but otherwise he was quiet.

Su'A: Jaydn was immense all game. His sin bin was a joke (I thought it was shoulder to shoulder) and we really lost out with him off. Once he came back he sparked a revival. He just gave it his all all night and really troubled the Dogs with his power and speed. Certainly one of our best.

Sironen: Apart from some defent lines run off Cody, he was quiet.

Murray: Cam was pretty good, impressive in fact. His usual 100% performance.

Nicholls: Nico was solid, did his job well.

Cartwright: I was really impressed with him!! Came on in place of Marsters and looked far better.

Sele: Didn't get many minutes but it was a solid return.

Koloamatangi: Did good but wasn't at his usual level of impact. Was a bit off.

Seriously though, I'm wild. In a big game, that was so complacent and I have no idea where that attitude comes from. It was disgraceful, that's the only word I can use. We have just undone all our hard work over the past seven weeks and based on that form we don't deserve to be in the eight.

Massive amount of work to be done.

Enough said...

Agreed.. as Gus said in the commentary- souths haven't gotten off the team bus and it seems they hadnt

handyman2190

Bench
If it ain't broke, why mess with it?

Marsters has played every game at right centre, tonight he is on the left, and Campbell on the right, and our D has been poor on both edges tonite.

And Paulo is getting torched, he's out of position. I've seen enough of him to say he needs to spend some time in the lower grades (if they ever play those comps again)
Paulo ive said many times on this forum is average,we could find better, 9 games 2 trys and one of them a gift, it may be he just isnt ready, he stutters,drops passes, and kicks alot, he could of gone a little further in, he isnt explosive, disappointing.
We have many injurys some of the replacements dont cut it. Im frustrated at knights mistake rate,he is good for at least 1 dropped ball and 2 mistakes a game, cartwright, well this is the second game he has given the ball away,tonight it cost us,his handling is atrocious.

callmack1

Staff member
Player of the Game - Round 19: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2020/09/18/player-of-the-game---round-19/

I picked Cody there.

Su’A to Miss Round 20: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2020/09/18/sua-to-miss-round-20/

From ‘shot of the Season’ to sin bin - Bunnies left livid as star sent for THIS tackle: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/afa478bc751c736432c551f2d8e35911

Jaxson Paulo’s ‘blatant’ no-try sparks fresh NRL referee controversy: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...r/news-story/1150a7e6ca2c0e682d0142320382eac3

‘He cannot disappear’ - Referee blunder that condemned Broncos to historic wooden spoon: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/51f5d5521e081df8c439d31d0c01b056

Phil Gould fumes as Rabbitohs star cops ‘unfair’ ban over high shot on Dogs half: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/40a2b01b48676f795958c08ef33abdd9

Rabbits20

Immortal
I’ve only just got over the loss today I was so appalled at ANZ sitting through that 80mins, we had it all to play for and weren’t hungry for it we had no desire and were lethargic it just was so so poor and I was so gutted over it.

Only a few players gave their all, that won’t get you far.