What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 - Rabbitohs vs Storm: Saturday 23rd July 7:35pm @Accor Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
Well, here we are and here we go.... It's game day!!! What a huge game day it is too as today we find out where we're truly at in terms of Premiership contention. There are not many bigger challenges for us than taking on the Melbourne Storm but that's what we're up against tonight in a very, very important game for both sides. We all know our record against them, having only bet them five times in about 25 years. That's a ridiculous stat, one of the craziest in the NRL! So, no doubt the hoodoo is there and it's up to us to step up and break that hoodoo tonight.

It's hard to know whether this is the right time to get Melbourne or not. They're coming off three losses and have been struggling so I'm not sure whether that means they'll be down on confidence tonight. I think what is more likely is that they'll come out absolutely firing and show some intense desperation. It is the Melbourne Storm after all. That can be incredibly dangerous for us if we don't turn up and match that intensity. They're going to want this game so, so bad but we have to want it more. A desperate Storm can be a deadly Storm. What's more, despite the injuries they have currently, their side is just packed full of talent with guys that have burned us so many times before in the past. Olam, Munster, Hughes, Grant, NAS, the Bromwich brothers; The list just goes on and on despite their injuries. I think holding our own in the middle, shutting down their halves as much as possible and also shifting the ball when they potentially aren't expecting it will be the key tonight.

For us, there's no doubt this will have to be one of our best performances this year if we want to get one over them finally. I'm sure the boys know that. It's going to take a monumental effort to beat these guys. Are we capable? Well, that's up to our lads. I certainly think we can beat them. I feel we can beat them and the belief in me about our team is suddenly very strong. I hope that belief is replicated in the playing group. A good completion rate is a must, that's probably the biggest thing. You can't constantly give the Storm opportunities while continually missing yours. So, we must get that right. Defence, particularly down that right edge, must improve hugely too as I'm sure they'll target us there. Thankfully, Cookie and Cam are back which will see us pretty close to full strength and it will help massively! Everyone needs to lift!

Hoodoos are a thing in Rugby League. They're there, they exist, they can happen. I think there's certainly no doubt that the biggest hoodoo in the game currently is our hoodoo against the Storm, there's no doubting that. However, the thing about hoodoos is that they're there to be broken, there to be squashed. We must do that tonight. I'm over the Storm constantly having the wood on us. I'm over it being a gift two points every time we play them. I'm over them thinking they're so much better than us. I'm over the hoodoo. It's over to you 17 men wearing a Red and Green jersey to break that hoodoo tonight. Go out there and stick it to the purple pricks!!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal

Well here we are guys game day is once again upon us a bumper one at that a blockbuster as our run home goes up a level. That’s right we take on the Storm tonight. It has been the biggest hoodoo in the game they just have it on us I think we have only won 5 from 36 games against them. Quite frankly I’m over it!!! Some are saying there is no better time to get the Storm but I’m not so sure they’ve lost 3 in a row yes they’re down on troops backs against the wall but that’s when the Storm play their best. Bellamy will have them right up for this game. The Storm still have massive threats all over the park the biggest being Munster who nearly always brains it against us plus they have Grant and Hughes who are so dangerous. Olam out wide is also such a quality player and in the pack they have NAS, J Brom, K. Brom, Felise etc still such a strong team!!

For us we get Cam and Cookie back which are massive boosts. Also good to see Milne dropped. There is some doubt around Jed carrying a leg injury but we need him to play so fingers crossed! I have no doubt that the Storm will look to bait Trell and Cody or take them in a high tackle to try get them to react, we need to not bite and stay focussed. I also have no doubt they’ll target young Ilias when he goes to pass and kick so if they infringe I’ll be shouting my lungs out to let the ref know!!

Looks like it’ll be a wet night so we need to win the battle in the middle our forwards must lift and we must complete highly no silly errors! We need to limit the penalties and show good line speed in defence! I’m most concerned about our right edge in defence that’s where they’ll go all night as it’s been our weakness so hopefully JD has looked at that this week!

We sit 7th on the ladder with such hard games to come, if we win tonight we go to 6th. We have to simply want it more than them! JD said he’s over losing to these blokes at the presser yesterday so hopefully the boys feel the same and really want this and know how deep we will have to dig!!

Ok not long til the players come out here onto Accor Stadium as the 7th placed South Sydney Rabbitohs take on the 5th placed Melbourne Storm. Even with all the rain around it’s great to see so much Red and Green in the stands still! Lets make sure the Storm and everyone watching at home know this is South Sydney home turf and a South Sydney home game!

Ok as we look down the tunnel we can see the colours of the purple and white of the Storm making their way down the tunnel….. Rabbitohs Members and Supporters please give a warm South Sydney welcome to the Melbourne Storm!!…..

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1………….

OK RABBITOHS MEMBERS AND RABBITOHS SUPPORTERS ITS TIME ONCE AGAIN TO GET ON YOUR FFFEEEETTTTT! SHOW THE COLOURS CLAP YOUR HANDS STAMP YOUR FEET AND SCREAM YOUR LUNGS OUT HERE THEY COME YOUR SOUTH SYDNEY RRRAAABBBBIIITTTOOHHHSSS!!!

LETS GO RABBITOHS!!!

SOUTH SYDNEY CLAP CLAP CLAP

BBBOOOOOOO THEY ARE ALL OFFSIDE TODD HAVE A LOOK!

SIX MORE SIX MORE HOW LONG CAN THEY HOLD ON FOR BBBOOOOOO!!!

HIGH TACKLE AND LATE WHERE IS THE PENALTY BBBBOOOOOOOOO CMON TODD!

FORWARD PASS TOUCHIE DO YOUR JOB FOR A CHANGE!

GO TO SPECSAVERS TOUCHIE FAIR DINKUM!!!

LETS GO AND GET THESE PRICKS FIRE UP ALL YOU BUNNIES MEMBERS AND FANS AND GET OUT TO ACCOR STADIUM TONIGHT LETS COME HOME WITH NO VOICE LETS URGE THE BOYS HOME!!!!

Steenson123

Juniors
Demetriou has the correct attitude.
Give Melbourne nada.
On form we should be favourites plus the fact we were robbed in the first contest.
Melbourne is coming to the end of an era and will struggle in the next seasons.
When were they out of the top 4 last??

callmack1

Staff member
Jeez I am so nervous but so pumped!! I know we can do this, I just know we can!

Let's go boys!!!

Enjoy everyone!

Rabbits20

Immortal
I feel like I’m in heaven walking on a cloud, voice cooked, hands clapped red raw and the Mighty Rabbitohs are back in the top 6! I’m soaking it all in gonna stay up half the night I’m oh so excited!!!

Glory Glory baby absolutely Nothing can wipe the smile off my face I had tears in my eyes at times in that second half oh so proud!

callmack1

Staff member
Oh man that feels so, so good!! After years of constantly having our measure, of constantly having to put up with the Storm beating us, we have finally got one over them tonight!! I couldn't be happier! It really has been a hoodoo against Melbourne so to come out and put on a performance like that, and get a win in dominant fashion is pretty damn special. Wins over the Storm don't come around too often so I'm gonna soak it all up.

What a great performance from the lads! It was tough, gritty, wasn't always pretty but the result was never really in doubt. I feel like we really dominated that contest right from the outset, and that's not something we can normally say against the Storm. We probably left a few tries out there to be honest but as I said, we were still way on top of them.

Everyone was outstanding. The pack got on top of theirs, bashed them and got a role on while the backs did the rest. Defence was particularly impressive aside from that try before halftime. But we showed some real resolve there to turn them away more often than not.

Still wasn't perfect as the attack didn't quite execute at times and I feel that we should have won by more but beggars can't be choosers! That was hands down one of our best performances of the Season!

I am so happy!

Wins like this don't come around too often so let's celebrate!

callmack1

Staff member

Latest posts