What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 - Rabbitohs vs Warriors: Saturday 24th July 3pm @Sunshine Coast Stadium

Rabbits20

Immortal
Campbell has been ruled out, Milne to centre Burns to bench.

The backline worries me a bit:

Trell
Paulo
Milne
Gagai
Mansour

callmack1

Staff member
Wayne Bennett Media - Round 19: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2021/07/23/wayne-bennetts-coaches-media-session-round-19/

Rabbitohs 19-man squad for Round 19: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2021/07/23/rabbitohs-19-man-squad-for-round-19/

Bummer to lose Campbell but kind of expected that to happen. He's a huge loss for us, happy with the changes Wayne has made to replace him though. I'm actually quite excited to see Taane at centre. Yes, the backline looks a bit weaker but I'll still back the boys to get the job done. Mansour and Paulo will be chomping at the bit!

callmack1

Staff member
Here we go!!! Our favourite day of the week is here once again!! Game Day!! We take on the Warriors this afternoon on the Sunshine Coast in what will hopefully be an epic match. This is a game I had circled on my calendar ever since the 2021 draw came out. Being a Kiwi that bleeds Red and Green, playing the Warriors is always personal for me. It's war, it's always a bg clash amd one that I get fired up for like when we play the Roosters. Some of my best mates are Warriors fans and everyone over here pays attention to how the NZ team is going so for me, it's always massive when we play them.

They are down at the moment as it stands. They've lost six in a row and have some injuries to key players however, we cannot let that fool us because all that does is makes them more hungry, more driven and more desperate to play well against us and get the win. I still believe the Warriors are a top eight side if they get things right and you only have to look at their game last week to see what they're capable of. If they didn't have no players on the bench, they would've given Penrith a big scare. Therefore, we simply cannot expect this to be a walkover today. They have a great forward pack lead by the likes of Lodge and Fonua-Blake so that is the key battle today. Contain their forwards as well as Reece Walsh and it'll go a long way to winning. That can be easier said than done though.

I said it earlier on in the week but today is all about attitude for us. We didn't turn up with the right attitude against the Bulldogs last week so we need to make amends for that and get it right in this one. The attitude defensively is what especially needs to be focussed on. it was not up to scratch against the 16th placed team in our last game so I'm looking for a big improvement there. Significantly, that's going to be difficult considering we have an almost all new backline with no Graham or Johnston but we have to have a next man up mentality and those boys coming in must do a job.

I'm making a night of it tonight. Have about 10-12 mates coming round to watch this one. Half Souths fans, half Warriors fans so it should be great!! I'll make sure you guys can hear me screaming from across the ditch!

So let's fire up!! Bring it on!!

Rabbits20

Immortal

Well it’s that time of week again game day is here! Another very important one as we can to clear by 4 points of Parra who are in 4th. This once again is not an easy game. The Warriors will be desperate for a win today and they still have a strong pack and Reece Walsh can create magic. We once again need to do the basics right. Our completion rate must improve on last week and our defence is the big on that needs to improve. Our defence has been good driving teams back in their own half but when they get close to our try line our try line defence has not been good enough so we must fix that ASAP. We do have some players out today but so do most teams so we can’t use that as an excuse we have enough there to do the job. Once again this another great opportunity for our QLD members and fans to get out there and support the boys as we looo to make it 7 wins on the trot. Having Trell back will be great hopefully he has a big one.

Rabbitohs Members and Rabbitohs please give a warm South Sydney welcome onto Sunshine Coast Stadium the NZ Warriors!

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

OK RABBITOHS MEMBERS AND RABBITOHS SUPPORTERS ITS TIME TO GET ON YOUR FEET! SHOW THE COLOURS CLAP YOUR HANDS STAMP YOUR FEET SCREAM YOUR LUNGS OUT HERE THEY COME YOUR SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS!!!

LETS GO RABBITOHS!!!