What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 - Rabbitohs vs Warriors: Saturday 24th July 3pm @Sunshine Coast Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
Nicholls: I never would have picked Nicho to become our regular starting front rower but man, he is doing such a good job! His good form continued yesterday in a strong performance. Helped gain the upper hand through that middle early on with some really strong carries and tight defence. In 22 minutes of Footy he had 9 runs for 122 meters which is huge! He looked incredibly gassed when he came off, deserved a rest that's for sure. Was a bit strange to see him not come back on though so I hope everything is allgood there.

Cook: I haven't said this very often this year but Cookie was our best player yesterday in my opinion. In fact, that was his best performance all year. He was brilliant, back to his best. He still ball played, but he certainly didn't overplay his hand. Schemed from dummy half close to the line and it completely fooled the NZ defence as he laid on two tries for Tom with perfect dummy half play. Both times he'd get out and just toy with them to isolate a defender and then provide a brilliant short ball for Tom to crash over. He did it again when he put Keaon over to pick up his third try assist so it doesn't get much better than that for a hooker. Was brilliant in general play too as for once, whenever he saw an opportunity he just pinned the ears back and went for it, no hesitation, not thought of passing, it was just full on sprint. That's what we want from Cookie because it was devastating. kept the warriors guessing and did a lot of damage. Cookie made 141 meters overall and had 18 runs from dummy half for 122 meters which just proves his damaging effect there. Aside from that, his service was quality and he still got through 34 tackles with none missed. Huge performance and he deserves a lot of praise for it. The trick will be performing like that in a big game. If Cookie plays anything near that for the rest of the Season then it'll go a long, long way.

Burgess: Speaking of going a long way, Tom's game yesterday went a long way to bagging that 60 point win. He was enourmous through the middle. Ran hard on his hit ups and he was barnstorming. I think he actually scared the Warriors a little as they were hanging off him a bit. Every run he had was strong, hitting the line with aggression and continuing to pick up meters after contact. He poked his nose through and got a quick play-the-ball plenty of times. Was really cool to see him crash over for two tries, those were great lines. Fought hard on the defensive side of his game too. A big game for Tommy!!

Koloamatangi: As we have come to expect, Keaon was on song again in a big way. It was again what is becoming a typical performance from him. I'd put him up there with the most powerful runners of the ball in the game and if you look at how he went yesterday, it just proves my theory. massive run after massive run with an immense workrate. This saw him crack the 200 meter mark, 234 in fact. 85 of these were post contact which is just crazy, shows how hard he was to stop. Showed another element of his game yesterday too with a bit of nice ball playing. Was pleased with his defence, the only thing I'll criticise him on was I thought he was a little lazy chasing the kick through when Walsh scored but I'll let that go. Well done Keaon the destroyer!!

Su'A: Man, talk about a return to form!! Jaydn looked like a completely different player yesterday!! That was all in his attitude. he turned up and looked like he actually cared and wanted to rip in. Boy, didn't it pay off?! Pretty much every run he had was strong, plenty of aggression and power on show and he kept doing this time and time again. Found himself in space a few times and looked good there also. Was certainly a threat. Scored two awesome tries, the first a great line off Reyno and the second was Ben Te'o like. He just said "get out of my way" and powered his way over. Seeing jaydn return to form was one of the most enjoyable things about this game for me. Hopefully he can continue to produce close to that for the rest of the year.

Murray: It's geting really hard to find new ways to compliment Cam because he deserves a new, massive compliment every week! What a performance again yesterday man, wow! he just dominated the warriors pack through the middle. A lot of their forwards are bigger than him but he made them look like boys. Ran with so much intent and purpose, often poking his nose through, storming way over the advantage line or even going stright through for a line break which he did a couple of times. 189 run meters is incredible along with a line break assist, a try assist and a try! That play for Cody's try was perticularly impressive to me as he showed so much poise to not force the issue, he just waited for the right moment to pass and then pounced. Great ball playing through the middle and as always, he just blows me away with the defensive work he does. Heaps of work and cleans up a lot. We are so lucky to have this guy in our side!!

Burns: Believe he came on at halfback and didn't get a lot of minutes so didn't play a massive role. However, he wasn't bad. A couple of nice plays including some good kicks and the awareness to follow Latrell's call to pass to him late in the game for his try. Burnsy did have the ball stripped off him yet again this Season though.

Host: Another quality, solid game from Hosty. While there isn't a lot to talk about, I can't fault anything he did at all. he was good. 82 meters off the back of some strong carries, let nothing past him in defence and he even showed a bit of a kicking game with one or two grubbers I think it was!

Mago: Pati had a fantastic game to just prove why we should all be a bit upset that he's departing next year. Came on and provided significant impact in his stint, making plenty of great runs. there were three that were eye-cathing runs where the warriors simply couldn't put him down. 169 meters in limited minutes is huge! Well done Pati!

Arrow: Had a point to prove in his return game and I think he proved that point. Along with Hosty and Pati, he made some really good impact off the bench and certainly made his presence felt. It was hard to miss him with that new haircut of his hahaha. In all seriousness, he was all class. Went about his work with little fuss and contributed to our role through the middle in a big way.

Still plenty to work on in the run home but I really enjoyed that win!!!

Robbie 12

Juniors
hey Guys

Last week I was watching souths play and the commentator said
that we should come up with a nickname for Alex Johnson,

because he has been scoring so many trys ( I think it was Vossy) saying that we Have, The Fox, and the Hammer (player from Cowboys)

what about The nickname for Alex,...... How about..... Alex "the AXE" Johnson...

Maybe I have written this in the wrong part of the forum ...anyway its on here

Jim Rockford

Bench
hey Guys

Last week I was watching souths play and the commentator said
that we should come up with a nickname for Alex Johnson,

because he has been scoring so many trys ( I think it was Vossy) saying that we Have, The Fox, and the Hammer (player from Cowboys)

what about The nickname for Alex,...... How about..... Alex "the AXE" Johnson...

Maybe I have written this in the wrong part of the forum ...anyway its on here
Mate, I think AJ suits him perfectly. We really don't need to come up with another one.

Latest posts