What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 v Parrascum

betcats

Referee
Heres the team for Parra on Saturday.

1. Lachlan Coote

2. David Simmons

3. Michael Jennings

4. Brad Tighe

5. Adrian Purtell

6. Travis Burns

7. Luke Walsh

8. Sam Mckendry

9. Kevin Kingston

10. Petero Civoniceva

11. Trent Waterhouse

12. Nigel Plum

13. Luke Lewis

Interchange:

14. Nafe Seluini

15. Dayne Weston

16. Nathan Smith

17. Tim Grant

18. Mathew Bell

(one to be omitted)

Was hoping Jennings and VaiVai would be our centres but other then that it looks about as good as it can.

mxlegend99

Referee
If Vai Vai isn't injured and was dropped ahead of Adrian Purtell, then Gus has definitely done the right thing in looking elsewhere for a coach. I just hope Purtell is either gone by next year, or Ivan Cleary can atleast see that Adrian Purtell is absolutely sh*t and should be about 10th or worse in the pecking order for a spot in our backline.

1. Lachlan Coote
2. Michael Gordon
3. Michael Jennings
4. Junior Vai Vai
5. Brad Tighe
6. Sandor Earl
7. Ryan Walker
9. Michael Mate
8. David Simmons
10. Beau Ryan

This is assuming we sign Beau Ryan and re-sign David Simmons. Although even if neither of them are here next year, there's a few under 20's and Wolves players that deserve to also be ahead in the list. So you could probably even have him outside the top 15 backs at the club. :)

Other then Purtell though, that's a decent looking team. Not happy about Simmons, but he's atleast solid for the most part and has a few redeeming qualities.

Copperhead

Juniors
Ryan Williamson is a right centre, faster than Vai Vai and a better prospect. Knows how to actually pass the ball, and is good under a bomb. I'd like to see him in the centres with Vai Vai outside him.

betcats

Referee
Ryan Williamson is a right centre, faster than Vai Vai and a better prospect. Knows how to actually pass the ball, and is good under a bomb. I'd like to see him in the centres with Vai Vai outside him.

Was his signing confirmed? I saw some video of him playing in harold matts and he looked very good.

Copperhead

Juniors
I asked that same question a month or two ago, and Franklin said it was confirmed. So you know who to blame if it's wrong ;-)

Fibroman

First Grade
To be honest, I'd rather see Nathan Smith in the centres, pushing Tighe to the wing than to see Purts out there.

Hench

Juniors
He was named in the team yesterday but this article came out today

Penrith Panthers ready to tackle slithering Eels

13 Jul, 2011 12:00 AM
IT'S time to unleash the inner roar as the Penrith Panthers fight to claim the Battle of the West title and trample long-time enemy Parramatta Eels in their Round 19 Rivalry clash at Centrebet Stadium. Kick-off: 7.30pm.Injury ward
Offload king Trent Waterhouse was dealt a strain to his knee in last weekend's loss to the Sydney Roosters and is set to miss one to two weeks. Halfback Luke Walsh also sustained an injury to the high part of his ankle but was named in this weekend's starting line-up, with the classy try-assist hero's outlook on the improve each day. Meanwhile, star centre Michael Jennings will return from an ankle injury of his own after completing his first full training session on Tuesday since succumbing to the injury six weeks ago.
Form
Dubbed the "honeymoon" period, the Panthers' dream run under head coach Steve Georgallis' guidance came to a devastating end during a 34-26 humiliation against the Sydney Roosters last Sunday. The side's defence proved soft with gaping holes that served the Roosters several tries on a platter. Penrith missed 40 tackles — almost double their opposition — with overly ambitious passes that kept their completion rate below 70 per cent for the first time since Georgallis took the reins. Kudos where kudos is due, however, with the side's error count slipping from 15 in their preceding win over the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs to 12 against the Roosters.
Proceed with caution
Prop Sam McKendry made monster runs in the opening stages of last weekend's clash and trailed only Luke Lewis (142 metres) as the Panther to make the most distance (127 metres). Lewis also made more offloads (five) and one-on-one tackles (seven) than any other man on the field and trailed only Todd Carney as the player to make the most tackle breaks. A fit and fresh Jennings will be striving to rediscover his pre-injury form against the Eels but all in all, each and every Panthers will be on their game to out-muscle their villainous western Sydney counterparts.

http://www.penrithstar.com.au/news/...-ready-to-tackle-slithering-eels/2225641.aspx

franklin2323

Immortal
I asked that same question a month or two ago, and Franklin said it was confirmed. So you know who to blame if it's wrong ;-)

Haha. Here's the link:

FALSE ALARM
Former Sydney Roosters centre Ryan Williamson's presence at Panthers training this week sparked speculation he was Phil Gould's first recruit. But Sin Bin was told the 2007 Australian Schoolboys rep, who quit the Roosters last year to return to North Queensland, had agreed to join the club before Gould's appointment.

Also...

UNHAPPY ISRAEL
Speculation that Israel Folau is also set to return to the NRL won't go away, with SinBin told the AFL convert was sick of the constant dieting he has to endure. The former Test star has already been linked with Newcastle, Penrith and Parramatta next season.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/sharks-testing-water-for-sbw-and-cooper-20110512-1eku0.html#ixzz1MAlwSCu3

betcats

Referee
He was named in the team yesterday but this article came out today

Penrith Panthers ready to tackle slithering Eels

13 Jul, 2011 12:00 AM
IT'S time to unleash the inner roar as the Penrith Panthers fight to claim the Battle of the West title and trample long-time enemy Parramatta Eels in their Round 19 Rivalry clash at Centrebet Stadium. Kick-off: 7.30pm.Injury ward
Offload king Trent Waterhouse was dealt a strain to his knee in last weekend's loss to the Sydney Roosters and is set to miss one to two weeks. Halfback Luke Walsh also sustained an injury to the high part of his ankle but was named in this weekend's starting line-up, with the classy try-assist hero's outlook on the improve each day. Meanwhile, star centre Michael Jennings will return from an ankle injury of his own after completing his first full training session on Tuesday since succumbing to the injury six weeks ago.
Form
Dubbed the "honeymoon" period, the Panthers' dream run under head coach Steve Georgallis' guidance came to a devastating end during a 34-26 humiliation against the Sydney Roosters last Sunday. The side's defence proved soft with gaping holes that served the Roosters several tries on a platter. Penrith missed 40 tackles — almost double their opposition — with overly ambitious passes that kept their completion rate below 70 per cent for the first time since Georgallis took the reins. Kudos where kudos is due, however, with the side's error count slipping from 15 in their preceding win over the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs to 12 against the Roosters.
Proceed with caution
Prop Sam McKendry made monster runs in the opening stages of last weekend's clash and trailed only Luke Lewis (142 metres) as the Panther to make the most distance (127 metres). Lewis also made more offloads (five) and one-on-one tackles (seven) than any other man on the field and trailed only Todd Carney as the player to make the most tackle breaks. A fit and fresh Jennings will be striving to rediscover his pre-injury form against the Eels but all in all, each and every Panthers will be on their game to out-muscle their villainous western Sydney counterparts.

http://www.penrithstar.com.au/news/...-ready-to-tackle-slithering-eels/2225641.aspx

Lets hope not.

betcats

Referee
:lol::lol::lol:. Our new gameplan should get him plenty of space. His best game was Parra in Round 2. He will fire up

Yeah i think your right. We looked very good spreading the ball with some pretty average outside backs so it will be good to see what Jennings can do, I am worried that we still play a bit too much down the right, granted thats probably because Lewis palys that side, I wish he could swith to the left and link up with Jenko.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah i think your right. We looked very good spreading the ball with some pretty average outside backs so it will be good to see what Jennings can do, I am worried that we still play a bit too much down the right, granted thats probably because Lewis palys that side, I wish he could swith to the left and link up with Jenko.

Even the linebreaks we make we always get run down. Instead of Simmons or Coote in support we can have Jennings.

mxlegend99

Referee
Simmo looks a million times better with Jennings inside him. Jennings attracts a lot of defenders and is usually pretty good in picking when to pass and give him space. It's great to see him making the most of a bad situation.