What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 v Sea Eagles

Dragon David

First Grade
I'm a glutton for punishment to start the next game thread. The Sea Eagles will be scoring plenty against us is my prediction. The teams we will be playing have the ability to lift just like the Broncos did - but see how they are coming back to earth against the Titans and the same goes for the Roosters who know that they need to win to make the top 8.

I hope Hook has a good dig at our players and gives them due warning of being dropped if they do not improve.

thebigredv

First Grade
Looking at the positives, we get Sims back. We should get Moose back. Ben Hunt will have had more of a rest since the last game. Lomax will be reminded again not to do stupid flick passes. Playing at home.

That's about it.
McGuire already played today. Apart from Sims, we really couldn't get a stronger line up than the one today.

This is as good as we get apparently.

Manly by plenty.

redv13

Bench
We usually dominate the northern beaches flogs no matter where we sit on the ladder. Some of DCE best games are against us at home 👌🏻👌🏻

Dragon David

First Grade
Hope you posting a thread Dragon David gets us going.
Manly playing well without Turbo.
That's all I've got.
I hope so too Jeff. Yes, Manly are going along nicely without the big T. They have been able to maintain good attacking football without him. Garrick is going great guns.

So upsetting that we cannot say the same about our team in the overall sense. A couple of standouts for us in Ramsey and Hunt but the team has to play as a team and we cannot maintain the effort required to win consistently.

Anyway, lets wait and see and maybe we might spring an upset.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Well I've been dropped after 1 game hahaha.

Seriously though, we need to inject some life into this team, because whatever doing now isn't working.

So for mine, the team should be:

1. Ramsey
2. Feagai
3. ?
4. Lomax
5. Sloan
6. Sullivan
7. Hunt
8. Lawrie
9. IDK - he'll probably stick with Macca
10. JDB
11. Sua
12. Burns
13. Bird

14: Amone
15: Maguire
16: Molo F
17: Molo M

Who plays left centre is a concern without shuffling players around. Contenders appear to be: Fuimaono (who played centre in reggies today), Mbye, Ford, Moga, Max Feagai and Jetski.

I've gone with starting Bud at 6 with Jr on the bench. I think Jr would have a big impact coming on as a dummy half, or alternatively, Jr comes on and Bud moves to hooker, or Hunt goes to hooker and Jr comes on in 6 and Bud moves to 7. I tend to like the idea of having 3 playmakers on the field at any given time.

Sloan and Ramsey are great support players. we really lack a "tall" on the wing, and we were exposed badly yesterday because of it. Defensively, Sloan is a weak link, but given the last 2 weeks efforts by the whole team, he'd be no worse than what we have been trotting out.

be55

Juniors
Whatever team gets rolled out next week, I'd just like to see them play a bit more of an up tempo, expansive game, than just looking to complete high by tucking the ball under the arm with a bomb at the end of the set. I'd like to see them offload a lot more. And when they do, look to quickly spread the ball wide of the back of it.

We can be way too predictable at times and we become easy to defend against for opposition teams. We should be trying to tire teams by moving it around, instead of us being sitting ducks by not promoting the ball and getting dominated by defences.

High energy...
Quick tempo...
More offloads and quick ball movement off the back of them...

Watching the Tigers v Panthers both teams did this and it was a high quality game. We sit 3rd last overall for offloads with only Souths and the Warriors behind us.

And obviously we need to tighten our defence (but everyone knows that). The fact that we have missed the most tackles of any team this year with 620 is disgraceful. That is 70 more than the next worse team in the Tigers. That's embarrassing...

My birthday night at Currumbin Surf Club, cannot see a fun night unfortunately.
CC
Just get them to turn the telly off, mate.
I've gone with starting Bud at 6 with Jr on the bench. I think Jr would have a big impact coming on as a dummy half, or alternatively, Jr comes on and Bud moves to hooker, or Hunt goes to hooker and Jr comes on in 6 and Bud moves to 7. I tend to like the idea of having 3 playmakers on the field at any given time.
I'd go out on a limb and put McGuire in the number 9 jersey. We've got nothing to lose cos Muhleisen isn't eligible and McCullough gives us nothing.
I agree with Sloane on the wing and I'd give the right centre spot to Max Feagai cos Fuimaono has a target on him for refs and I can't think of any other likely candidate. It doesn't matter who gets picked - it's like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic...