What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 vs Newcastle

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Well mate if you concede that he is in the ''potential star" category surely you would have to admit he is doing well, which is what you asked for. I'd think muzby you would have to admit that his form out of dummy half this year for the Cowboys would ,at least, put him in the "doing well" category wouldn't you say...
No, I’d say that he’s doing okay, nothing special..

I say potential star as he does have potential based on his lower grade performances..

But so did Matt Mundine..

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Mate during the coaches preview yesterday Young said and i quote " if he gets his opportunity it wont be for long ",whether or not that's how it plays out i don't know but those are the words that came out of his mouth...
Yes, he’s going to spell out his strategy for the media & opposition team before the game..

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Having you been watching the same games as everyone else over the last 2 years?? Bench rotation has been rubbish and even under DY it’s been 15 players, 1 on with 10-15 to go and 1 between 0-8 mins.
I think you need to watch the games again.

Last week we had all 4 bench players come on in the first half, two weeks prior the 4th bench player came on with 30 mins to go..

He’s put Sims & fuimaono on with 10 mins to go in his other games, but the other 3 bench players all made it on in the first half..

So yes, I think you’re being a pessimistic wet blanket in your approach to the interchange bench as your figures are incorrect.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
DY and strategy ba ha ha ha. Good one champ. Go put you’re Illawarra jersey on, dust off the old VHS and enjoy some supreme Steelers footy... if you can find some that is
Great contribution to the thread.

10/10.

be55

Juniors
Yes, he’s going to spell out his strategy for the media & opposition team before the game..
Ok muzby...you win, no more back and forth...it's only been a few posts and i am starting to get a headache so i'm off to the kitchen for some aspirin and then a lie down for an hour before the game starts...GO THE DRAGONS...

getsmarty

Immortal

TEAM LISTS

Presented By

Late mail: Round 19 v Knights
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Sat 19 Sep 2020, 04:00 PM
Share on social media
St George Illawarra interim coach Dean Young has finalised his team ahead of the Dragons' Women in League Round clash against the Newcastle Knights at McDonald Jones Stadium on Sunday, September 20.

Eddie Blacker and Jayden Sullivan are the final two players to drop out of Tuesday's initial squad after Euan Aitken and Adam Clune were ruled out with hamstring injuries.

Brayden Wiliame returns to play for the first time since Round 4, while Tariq Sims will start in a reshuffle that will see Jackson Ford, Cameron McInnes and Ben Hunt play lock, hooker and halfback respectively.

The Dragons will contest the Knights in the sixth-annual Alex McKinnon Cup, a contest that the Red V have never lost. McKinnon debuted for St George Illawarra in 2011 before heading to Newcastle the year following.

McKinnon's career was tragically cut short in the early rounds of 2014 after a tackle gone wrong resulted in the now 28-year-old becoming a quadriplegic.

Max Feagai has been named for his NRL debut from the interchange and will become St George Illawarra player No. 236. Billy Brittain (concussion) wasn't named.

Amended NRL squad for Round 19 v Newcastle Knights –
1. Matt Dufty – sponsored by EFEX
2. Jordan Pereira – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
20. Brayden Wiliame – sponsored by Baytek Construction
4. Zac Lomax – sponsored by Floormania
5. Cody Ramsey – sponsored by Nutrition Station
6. Corey Norman – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
9. Ben Hunt – sponsored by Paul's Customs and Forwarding Solutions
8. Kaide Ellis – sponsored by TripADeal
13. Cameron McInnes (c) – sponsored by Dincel Construction System
10. Paul Vaughan – sponsored by Fox Property
11. Tyson Frizell – sponsored by Modus Projects
14. Tariq Sims – sponsored by Stonemasons & Landscapers (since 1970)
12. Jackson Ford – sponsored by Bodytech Fitness

Interchange:
15. Josh Kerr – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
16. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by SMAI
17. Max Feagai – sponsored by Trendline
19. Tyrell Fuimaono – sponsored by CMG Audio Visual

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/09/19/nrl-team-announcement-round-19-v-knights/

since77

Juniors
Mate during the coaches preview yesterday Young said and i quote " if he gets his opportunity it wont be for long ",whether or not that's how it plays out i don't know but those are the words that came out of his mouth...
I really wanted to like Young as a coach but picking a guy on the bench and deliberately planning to give him minimal game time is monumentally brain dead. Waste of a bench spot. Proves the club were right to pick a coach who hasn’t been infected by the stink McGregor has left in the place over the last 7 years.

Gareth67

First Grade
Fitz and Simms both to have top games . Be interesting to see if the forwards do make some yardage against the Knights pack . If they can then our talented young backs will have plenty of room to roam .