What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 vs Souths Discussion + Voting

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
BRONCOS NRL TEAM

1. Darius Boyd
2. Corey Oates
3. Alex Glenn
4. James Roberts
5. Jordan Kahu
6. Anthony Milford
7. Ben Hunt
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Adam Blair
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker (c)

Interchange:

14. Jarrod Wallace
15. Tevita Pangai Jnr
16. Joe Ofahengaue
17. Herman Ese’ese

18. Marion Seve
19. Joe Boyce

Coach: Wayne Bennett

http://www.broncos.com.au/news/2016/07/12/broncos_ins_and_outs.html

Last edited:

Snappy

Coach
You'd bloody hope so. Season must get back on track here. If we cant beat the rabbleohs, may as well give it away for the year.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
To be honest at this point I'm not confident about beating any team except Newcastle. I haven't seen any evidence at all this year that we will be a threat, even when we were winning games at the start of the season.

The season has been a massive let down so far. I was so sure before the season started that we'd go onto win it this year. I really hope we can start playing to our potential soon.

Also it feels like other teams are showing more ticker and dealing much better with adversity.

Snappy

Coach
So with Parker suspended, I'd expect a few changed to the team. Guessing,

McGuire to lock
Thaiday to prop
Glenn to second row
Seve or Boyce to centre

Snappy

Coach
Thread is quiet.

Wasnt a great performance but did enough to get the job done. Hopefully we can improve for what will be tougher opposition this week.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Well we got the job done and it was definitely better. We were a bit more adventurous with the ball and it payed off but some of our execution is still shocking. I really liked how we didnt go for penalty goal. I think our best chance of winning games this season is to score tries.

Unfortunately there were still signs there I've seen all season. We really allow the opposition up the field, with basically 0 line speed, and our small forwards find it difficult to handle the bigger opposition forwards. Souths easily made metres but let's be honest here their execution was terrible and ultimately it is what kept them out of the game.

It gives me no greater confidence that we will be a threat but at least it buys us another week to try to get things right.

I must say that our outside backs are absolutely cursed with injury.

3. Oates
2. Glenn
1. Roberts

AMD

Juniors
Definitely an improvement over the last few games, but plenty to go still. Thought we looked a little sharper with some good ball movement, albeit execution was still a bit off. I also thought Hunt had a decent game. Biggest concern (as stated in above post) for me was how easily we conceded ground to Souths. Hoping the win restores some confidence in the team though.

3. Oates
2. Hunt
1. Roberts

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Good to see that weapon on our right side getting more ball. The way he ran around Walker was simply spectacular.
Im sure we will see even more from Roberts in coming weeks. Oates as usual was huge and great to see big Joe striding out.
Wallace has also been very effective. I can feel a good run home and a top 4 finish coming our way. I reckon we will slaughter the panthers this week.

Latest posts