What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 - The Flanno Spray

shaggs

Coach
1. Dugan - was our best. One mistake but was the only one who looked likely.
2. Feki - some good carries in the first half
3. Leutele - that’s the leutele I know and love
4. Gray - A a a a a Aaron and the jets
5. Frenzy’s Boy - one great solid hit does not a shitty season make. Needs some fairy dust
6. Moylan - I like what he brings. The flat attack flanno has employed does not and will not ever suit him.
7. Townsend- managed the game well on the first half, however I think the sideways move first is taking time of the attacker. Second half was invisible because the forwards got owned.
8. Fifita - I’m undecided about him. Some good, some bad, some shit. Cut the hair off and start to be consistent.
9. Brailey - way too many minutes. Yay he ran 4 times in the first half. Snore
10. Prior - played like he was back at the dragons. Shit
11. Bakuya - best player on the park in the first 40. Taken off and never got in the swing, second half
12. Graham - went close, but quiet for me.
13. Gallen - Paul did Paul things. Too much time on the bench??

14. Ava - looked a metre slower this week. Not the impact I would have liked.
15. Paulo - not enough minutes and slow play the balls don’t help his style
16. Capewell - needs to add something except awkward. Was put on too late
17. Seggy - needs to be on at the 20 mark in a game like that. Was out of his hands by the time he got his cameo 10.

Yellow trainer - looked more bored than I was in the second half

Coach Flanno - was simply out coached by Mary. What the actual f**k? Sure you held the ball for 20/21 in the first 40, but you only scored two tries. With that wind and that possession we needed points. Maybe take the front towers off and the hooker and put some fresh guys out there to utilise the forward momentum and tired defence.
No. That’s too hard, it’s not what I planned for in September. Does Shane have a feel for the game?? I don’t have any confidence that he does. The same grind it out, ain’t going to win this year. The defence is too good.
He also looks like he has put on some weight. Clean yourself up and be a good example.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I fear Gallen might have gone one too many. Last week and this week I have noticed him being pushed off in tackles and he spends a lot of time on his haunches.

Graham looks out of sorts too

Lewis is broken

There’s half the problem with the team. The leaders aren’t “right” for whatever reason

shadowboxer

First Grade
Someone wrote on here the other day he won the premiership he can do as he pleases.
Let’s see how we are 0 and 4.
2016 amazing but most clubs look at a contingency regardless of history. If the board aren’t weighing this up, we are back to the days of Barry and the fat controller

Frenzy.

Immortal
1. Dugan - was our best. One mistake but was the only one who looked likely.
2. Feki - some good carries in the first half
3. Leutele - that’s the leutele I know and love
4. Gray - A a a a a Aaron and the jets
5. Frenzy’s Boy - one great solid hit does not a shitty season make. Needs some fairy dust
6. Moylan - I like what he brings. The flat attack flanno has employed does not and will not ever suit him.
7. Townsend- managed the game well on the first half, however I think the sideways move first is taking time of the attacker. Second half was invisible because the forwards got owned.
8. Fifita - I’m undecided about him. Some good, some bad, some shit. Cut the hair off and start to be consistent.
9. Brailey - way too many minutes. Yay he ran 4 times in the first half. Snore
10. Prior - played like he was back at the dragons. Shit
11. Bakuya - best player on the park in the first 40. Taken off and never got in the swing, second half
12. Graham - went close, but quiet for me.
13. Gallen - Paul did Paul things. Too much time on the bench??

14. Ava - looked a metre slower this week. Not the impact I would have liked.
15. Paulo - not enough minutes and slow play the balls don’t help his style
16. Capewell - needs to add something except awkward. Was put on too late
17. Seggy - needs to be on at the 20 mark in a game like that. Was out of his hands by the time he got his cameo 10.

Yellow trainer - looked more bored than I was in the second half

Coach Flanno - was simply out coached by Mary. What the actual f**k? Sure you held the ball for 20/21 in the first 40, but you only scored two tries. With that wind and that possession we needed points. Maybe take the front towers off and the hooker and put some fresh guys out there to utilise the forward momentum and tired defence.
No. That’s too hard, it’s not what I planned for in September. Does Shane have a feel for the game?? I don’t have any confidence that he does. The same grind it out, ain’t going to win this year. The defence is too good.
He also looks like he has put on some weight. Clean yourself up and be a good example.

He also has quite a noticeable varus deformity in his right knee.

Just sayin’.

Feej

First Grade
Gallen won't see the season out. He looks busted and disinterested.

wibble

Bench
I fear Gallen might have gone one too many. Last week and this week I have noticed him being pushed off in tackles and he spends a lot of time on his haunches.

Graham looks out of sorts too

Lewis is broken

There’s half the problem with the team. The leaders aren’t “right” for whatever reason

Plenty wrong with the whole squad at the moment, and I love Gallen and Graham, but they are well off the pace at the moment. And Lewie out means our "strength" (back row) is very pedestrian.

But each player is having one or two "special" moments, and 30 or so poor plays in a game is unsustainable. Not everyone can be perfect each week, and no one is complete crap for the whole game, but as a squad, they all need to get 20% better, and need to fast.

Their assortment of poor plays, especially at the end of the game, is a worrying trend carried over from the end of 2017.

In 2016 we had poor moments, but were almost always on top in the last 20. We looked so fit. For the last 10 or so games we have played, we have either looked like we are just hanging on in the last 20, or we are completely self destructing.

Rabbits20

Immortal
You guys are most welcome for the gift we gave that is Aaron Gray....

When we verse each other it may be in a battle for the spoon!!

wibble

Bench
Someone wrote on here the other day he won the premiership he can do as he pleases.
Let’s see how we are 0 and 4.
2016 amazing but most clubs look at a contingency regardless of history. If the board aren’t weighing this up, we are back to the days of Barry and the fat controller

Well, on that basis, Flanno is not much safer now than Maguire was last season...

coolumsharkie

Referee
Flano’s lost like 12kg!

Yeah and he's lost the dressing room, big time!

We got the Bikie at the back, and Val has turned to shit. Moyaln is crap, Chad is a try hard. No impact off the bench, we miss LL big time. Going to be a long season but Flanno, he needs to crack the whip now or the season is lost.