What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 v Bulldogs - Team List

emjaycee

Coach
2 hours until the official team list is released.
Have at it merkins, what is your 1-17 for Round 2?

1. Gutho
2. Siva
3. Taka
4. Salmon
5. Fergy
6. D Brown
7. Moses
8. Alvaro
9. Mahony
10. Paulo
11. Lane
12. Niukore
13. Moeroa

14. McIlwrick (or Smith)
15. Mannah
16. Kaufusi
17. Gower

Bazal

Post Whore
Same as you MJ, except I'd personally have Alvaro at lock and start with Tep in the front row.

chiefy1

Juniors
1. Gutho
2. Sivo
3. Taka
4. Salmon
5. Fergy
6. D Brown
7. Moses
8. Alvaro
9. Mahony
10. Paulo
11. Lane
12. Niukore
13. Moeroa

14. Smith :persevere:
15. Mannah
16. Evans
17. Gower

That's the team for certain

Happy MEel

First Grade
2 hours until the official team list is released.
Have at it merkins, what is your 1-17 for Round 2?

1. Gutho
2. Siva
3. Taka
4. Salmon
5. Fergy
6. D Brown
7. Moses
8. Alvaro
9. Mahony
10. Paulo
11. Lane
12. Niukore
13. Moeroa

14. McIlwrick (or Smith)
15. Mannah
16. Kaufusi
17. Gower
x 2 except remove (or Smith) and add (or Evans)

emjaycee

Coach
x 2 except remove (or Smith) and add (or Evans)
Given McIlwrick hasn't been announced by the club, I am not sure he will be named this afternoon so we will probably see W. Smith named again.

I did have Evans down originally but I am thinking with the loss of Nrown we may see BA favour giving Oregon a go this week.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Given McIlwrick hasn't been announced by the club, I am not sure he will be named this afternoon so we will probably see W. Smith named again.

I did have Evans down originally but I am thinking with the loss of Nrown we may see BA favour giving Oregon a go this week.
I’d go with 4 forwards on the bench if McIlwrick isn’t named in this week’s line up.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
you would think Merkinwrick would need at least a week to get to know everyone's name ffs

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Why?

"What do I do coach?"

"Look, probably just get into acting half and pass it to the lads in blue and gold mate, attaboy."

I think it would be a pretty brave coach to just throw him in the deep end without a few training runs

Happy MEel

First Grade
I think it would be a pretty brave coach to just throw him in the deep end without a few training runs
Should he be signed today he would have 4 training runs with the lads. That’s probably enough to get through 15-20 minutes at the back end of the game.

84 Baby

Referee
Same as you MJ, except I'd personally have Alvaro at lock and start with Tep in the front row.
I know there really isn't a whole lot difference, but Alvaro looked horribly slow (I hope it was because of rain, or from that awesome Mario Kart segment) so I reckon Moeroa at lock.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I know there really isn't a whole lot difference, but Alvaro looked horribly slow (I hope it was because of rain, or from that awesome Mario Kart segment) so I reckon Moeroa at lock.
Although I agree I think he was better than in the trial 2 weeks earlier. Needs match fitness to deal with his extra bulk it appears.

Bazal

Post Whore

He did start to look tired once we lost Brown, which is actually why I'd put him at lock. He missed more tackles on Sunday than he missed for half of last season, very unlike him.

The way we set up Brown often seems to take the third run in a set. Alvaro takes the tougher first or second run, so if he is a little short on match fitness or feeling the effects of taking on the extra work maybe giving Tep those runs will be a net gain?

Plus I think Alvaro is more like Brown as a player. But you're right, it's not a huge difference.

1. McIlwrick
2. Siva
3. Taka
4. Laney
5. Fergy
6. D Brown
7. Moses
8. Alvaro
9. Gutho
10. Paulo
11. Lane
12. Niukore
13. Moeroa

14.Hindy111 (or Smith) or Mahoney or someone else
15. Mannah
16. Kaufusi
17. Gower

Last edited:

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
He did start to look tired once we lost Brown, which is actually why I'd put him at lock. He missed more tackles on Sunday than he missed for half of last season, very unlike him.

The way we set up Brown often seems to take the third run in a set. Alvaro takes the tougher first or second run, so if he is a little short on match fitness or feeling the effects of taking on the extra work maybe giving Tep those runs will be a net gain?

Plus I think Alvaro is more like Brown as a player. But you're right, it's not a huge difference.

On an average set I'd say that Fergo will take the 2nd hit-up. Brown usually takes the hit-up before the last so we get a quick play the ball and the kickers get more time.

Eelogical

Referee
1. Gutho
2. Sivo
3. Taka
4. Salmon
5. Fergy
6. D Brown
7. Moses
8. Alvaro
9. Mahony
10. Paulo