What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 v Cowboys

gitano

Juniors
Well it's onto the next. Cowboys are very gettable, and we'll know a bit more about our side on a dry, fast track. Let's see if there's anything different to the plod ups and a kick and hope.

Unfortunately Norman will be back, I'd stick with Hunt in the 7, but I'd be very tempted to give Amone a run at 6. We'll need to score north of 24 points to win this one I feel, and I can't see yesterday's backline minus Clune, add Norman achieving that.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Dont see too much chopping and changing at this early stage of the season.
I have no doubt JT for the Cows will be utilised more in this game after the roasting Payton got.

My team list:
1. Dufty
2. Ramsey (JP if not)
3. Bird
4. Lomax
5. Rava
6. Norman
7. Hunt
8. Lawrie
9. Macca
10. Vaughan
11. Kerr
12. Sims
13. Fui

14. Clune
15. Alvaro
16. Poasa
17. Ellis

Only 3 changes really....
Norman in and Clune to bench (and it could be Norman bench with Clune to start)
Merrin out replaced by Ellis
Williame out

Dragon David

First Grade
I have no doubt JT for the Cows will be utilised more in this game after the roasting Payton got.

My team list:
1. Dufty
2. Ramsey (JP if not)
3. Bird
4. Lomax
5. Rava
6. Norman
7. Hunt
8. Lawrie
9. Macca
10. Vaughan
11. Kerr
12. Sims
13. Fui

14. Clune
15. Alvaro
16. Poasa
17. Ellis

Williame out
Agree with your list Dragonslayer. Williame should not be in first grade again and no Merrin as well.

Our guys played with a bit more purpose in the second half of the first game and if they can emulate that in the full game against the Cowboys, we could take the game. However, the Cows will be hard up there and JT will be putting in against our forwards, so too will Maguire and McClean.

Dean Young will know where our weaknesses are so they definitely will be exploited by the Cows.

Our cattle could be rounded up by the Cowboys well and truly in this game as overall our team isn't strong. We need quite a bit of luck for a change to make the game interesting.

FlameThrower

Bench
Agree with your list Dragonslayer. Williame should not be in first grade again and no Merrin as well.

Our guys played with a bit more purpose in the second half of the first game and if they can emulate that in the full game against the Cowboys, we could take the game. However, the Cows will be hard up there and JT will be putting in against our forwards, so too will Maguire and McClean.

Dean Young will know where our weaknesses are so they definitely will be exploited by the Cows.

Our cattle could be rounded up by the Cowboys well and truly in this game as overall our team isn't strong. We need quite a bit of luck for a change to make the game interesting.
I see a high scoring game as defence won’t be the key. We can’t give them an head start and try to catchup on scoreboard. In relation to Dean Young he may know our weaknesses- but so does the nomadic tribes of Mongolia who just starting watching NRL!!!

redv13

Bench
I see a high scoring game as defence won’t be the key. We can’t give them an head start and try to catchup on scoreboard. In relation to Dean Young he may know our weaknesses- but so does the nomadic tribes of Mongolia who just starting watching NRL!!!
Fix the horse shit first 20 minutes of last nights game and we beat the cows comfortably

2010Dragons

Bench
This dumb arse team will invent another way to lose another game with style.
The first 20 minutes performance against the Sharks was total comedy.
You couldn't make this shit up. all we were missing was the Benny Hill song on the PA system.

Old Timer

Coach

My team list:
1. Dufty
2. Ramsey (JP if not)
3. Bird
4. Lomax
5. Rava
6. Norman
7. Hunt
8. Lawrie
9. Macca
10. Vaughan
11. Kerr
12. Sims
13. Fui

14. Clune
15. Alvaro
16. Poasa
17. Ellis

Williame out
Won't be surprised if Dufty is ruled out by our Dr's due to HIA concerns.

Some criticism of us for letting him back on the field after such a severe blow to the back of his head.

If he is ruled out does Hook simply put Slim to FB and leave the rest as is
or
Does he do the big shuffle of Williame to CC, Clune to bench, Norman to 6, Ramsay to FB and JP to wing?
or
Ramsay to FB, JP to wing, Norman to bench, Williame to CC.

Interesting conundrum if Dufty is ruled out and I would expect Hook to make as little changes as possible.

If Dufty is ruled in then does he simply swap Slim for Williame so as to get some game time into Slim's legs or does he slot him straight into the 6?

Dragons4me

Juniors
I hope we fix the issues that we have control over from the Sharks game, and look forward to the square-up referee decisions that we have no control over also from the Sharks game.

Saint Pedro

Juniors
I know he’s not ready but jeez Sloan looked good in trial as fullback. Duffy just has not progressed past the put your body on the Line stage

thebigredv

First Grade
Just like McCrone and McGregor you know Norman will get picked because it's Griffin.

Hopefully he is a different player this year. Trials didn't suggest it.

thebigredv

First Grade
This dumb arse team will invent another way to lose another game with style.
The first 20 minutes performance against the Sharks was total comedy.
You couldn't make this shit up. all we were missing was the Benny Hill song on the PA system.

It was so bad I agree. It looks like we are a team that literally trains to perfect new ways to lose matches.

- the Ben Hunt air swing - try
- the Tariq Sydney Harbour bridge - try
- the Williame tunnel ball - 2 points when we have extra man
- the Dufty drop sitter 1 - try
- the Dufty drop sitter 2 - try
- the no-one-at-marker when we were finally getting a move on - utter cringeworthy stuff

I thought this was professional rugby league. You wait all off season...

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Wont be easy up there...they've enjoyed an xtra day off than us....one day doesnt sound much but the heavier conditions we played under may come into consideration later in the game..

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Just like McCrone and McGregor you know Norman will get picked because it's Griffin.

Hopefully he is a different player this year. Trials didn't suggest it.

Norman went missing after the first few minutes against Souths in the Shield- no justification imo for his selection- Clune isn't normally a 5/8 and deserves a chance to build his combo with Hunt.

Sims and Kerr offered nothing in attack on the edge so it's just a matter of when not if Bird is shifted into the backrow.

Dragon David

First Grade
It was so bad I agree. It looks like we are a team that literally trains to perfect new ways to lose matches.

- the Ben Hunt air swing - try
- the Tariq Sydney Harbour bridge - try
- the Williame tunnel ball - 2 points when we have extra man
- the Dufty drop sitter 1 - try
- the Dufty drop sitter 2 - try
- the no-one-at-marker when we were finally getting a move on - utter cringeworthy stuff

I thought this was professional rugby league. You wait all off season...
Some people will NEVER learn. These guys playing for our great club have got dunces caps on their heads. Most have played footy before their voices broke and yet after so many years of training and drills and videos and, and, and .. they still cannot get it right for every game. Consistent mistakes means poor attitude and lack of attention to detail. How often do these guys practise taking high balls at training? I'd say every session. How often do they practise passing the ball? I'd say every session. How often do they practise tackling techniques? I'd say every session. How often do they practise set moves and offloads? I'd say that they do those things every session. Then why the bloody hell do they muck things up so often in a proper game?

In the last 4 games they have played this year, so many mistakes. No use saying that is the case when action speaks louder than words - get stuck into them hook. Anyone who makes more than 2 mistakes, you are out on your arse and in reserves.

2010Dragons

Bench
Dean Young is assistant coach at the cowboys. He has inside knowledge of all our players weaknesses and incompetences.

I’m calling it now cowboys 12+

Deano has a point to prove for not getting selected for the head coach job.