What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 Vs Bulldogs [THE MATT BURTON CUP]- Bankwest Stadium 3pm Sat

WestyLife

First Grade
Our middle should be dominant with them missing Thompson and playing Napa plus the dogs defence against second rowers was pretty poor which will be interesting for Kikau, Capewell and Martin.

panthersam

Juniors
Yeah as long as we don’t show up expecting the win without having to put in the effort then we will do it comfortably I think. No doubt Barrett will have his team fired up for this game but the talent in our roster far outweighs anything they can put onto the field.

Jane Murray

Bench
Canterbury playmaker Kyle Flanagan has offered to hop in his car and drive down the M4 Motorway to collect Matt Burton if it means getting him to the Bulldogs early.

Trent Barrett will take on Ivan Cleary and former club Penrith next Saturday, but the real storyline keeps brewing behind the scenes with the Bulldogs refusing to ease up on their push to secure Burton’s immediate release. In November, Burton signed a three-year deal with the Bulldogs starting in 2022, but Canterbury want him now.

Cleary has lost count of the times he has slammed the door shut on Canterbury and knows Burton has a role to play at his club, especially when Nathan Cleary – and possibly Jarome Luai – are required for NSW Origin duty.

Flanagan said he knew first hand how frustrating it was to believe you were ready for the NRL, only to be forced to bide your time in reserve grade, something Burton continued to do at the Panthers on Saturday when he ran out in the No.6 jersey for the club’s NSW Cup side against the Rabbitohs.

Canterbury officials are mindful of making too much noise for fear of upsetting current five-eighth Jake Averillo, but they have a big opinion of him and know he will remain in the 17 as a utility or even in the centres.

WestyLife

First Grade
Canterbury playmaker Kyle Flanagan has offered to hop in his car and drive down the M4 Motorway to collect Matt Burton if it means getting him to the Bulldogs early.

Trent Barrett will take on Ivan Cleary and former club Penrith next Saturday, but the real storyline keeps brewing behind the scenes with the Bulldogs refusing to ease up on their push to secure Burton’s immediate release. In November, Burton signed a three-year deal with the Bulldogs starting in 2022, but Canterbury want him now.

Cleary has lost count of the times he has slammed the door shut on Canterbury and knows Burton has a role to play at his club, especially when Nathan Cleary – and possibly Jarome Luai – are required for NSW Origin duty.

Flanagan said he knew first hand how frustrating it was to believe you were ready for the NRL, only to be forced to bide your time in reserve grade, something Burton continued to do at the Panthers on Saturday when he ran out in the No.6 jersey for the club’s NSW Cup side against the Rabbitohs.

Canterbury officials are mindful of making too much noise for fear of upsetting current five-eighth Jake Averillo, but they have a big opinion of him and know he will remain in the 17 as a utility or even in the centres.

Lol.

panthersam

Juniors

This is honestly laughable, after one game they are talking about a player who plays for a different team it’s desperation station for them it seems. I’ve changed my mind I think we win by 50 lol

panthersam

Juniors
I wonder if the Doggies are having a weekly strategic meeting on ways they can attempt to get Matt Burton to the club early. First it was the sponsor, now it’s the halfback, next week the mascot maybe?

This is honestly laughable, after one game they are talking about a player who plays for a different team it’s desperation station for them it seems. I’ve changed my mind I think we win by 50 lol

After those comments made by the Dogs, I’ll be a tad disappointed if they don’t win by 50!!

Whino

Bench
We will be hearing about it all week. They can't beat us so they will try and destabilise us.
Their mates in the media like that bald fool will be banging on about it all week.

Lets pick Burton on the bench instead of May this week to shit them.

Kilkenny

Coach
Yeah as long as we don’t show up expecting the win without having to put in the effort then we will do it comfortably I think. No doubt Barrett will have his team fired up for this game but the talent in our roster far outweighs anything they can put onto the field.

A good coach should have his team fired up and to go against all comers.

Bulldogs forward pack were pretty ineffectual including former Panthers in Hetherington and Waddell.

GongPanther

Referee
I wonder if the Doggies are having a weekly strategic meeting on ways they can attempt to get Matt Burton to the club early. First it was the sponsor, now it’s the halfback, next week the mascot maybe?
How many times does one have to say no until they get the meaning?

Kilkenny

Coach
I think the Bulldogs will play better than they did against the Knights.

Given such a big turn around in there playing group it is surely going to take time for them to really make significant improvements and there forward pack as a unit isn’t top 8 standard.

They need the big pommie back to add steel to there forward pack but realistically they simply don’t have the forwards to seriously challenge the better sides.

I think they may be a sterner test than the Cowboys but having said that we didn’t really give the Cowboys a sniff. When we did have to defend our line after giving up possession we were pretty comfortable and I thought our defence was pretty good very similar to the Eels trial.

Latest posts