1. LeagueUnlimited.com is proud to launch a brand new weekly publication- THE FRONT ROW - to accompany your footy weekend. INCLUDES team lists, match previews, match reports, key stats and news from around the National Rugby League - 32 pages and packed full. EDITION 1 - OUT NOW!
    JUST CLICK HERE TO READ ONLINE OR DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE PDF COPY.
    Dismiss Notice

Round 2 Vs Tigers

Discussion in 'Penrith Panthers' started by Buzzard Breath, Mar 6, 2017.

1. betcats

betcats Coach

Mate we got pumped from the first minute onwards, the whole team could of played 5 trials and we still would of got pumped with the attitude and effort we showed up with. The players talking about match fitness is a cop out to me, I'm sure there are many players out there who didn't get a good run in the trials who didn't play shit. Watch Jason Taylor's interview prior to the tigers game, he was asked about woods, Moses, brooks and Tedesco not playing trials and literally said "we don't trials to get fit we train hard for months in the offseason". Now he isn't a great coach but he's an experienced first grader and he had no reason to make excuses. Oh and the tigers didn't look like they were lacking match fitness despite a number of them not playing trials.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    umina panther likes this.
  2. umina panther

umina panther Coach

We lost because the team played like arrogant peahearts

3. franklin2323

franklin2323 Referee

Where did I say we didn't play shit from the start?

My point is at 12-4 it would be game on with a fit and firing team. It will take a few weeks to get to that stage.

If Hunt and GI aren't injured the WT may of lost. They also had Farah playing against them. We seemed uninterested and like we thought just turning up would get the win

4. Doomednow

Doomednow Bench

May have*

5. panther.mike

panther.mike Juniors

Not enough "hard heads" just young blokes who did not know how to deal with a new situation. Read their own headlines.

6. TheEroticGamer

TheEroticGamer Juniors

We never built momentum against the Dragons.

Every time we'd get the ball back, you'd have someone like Packer take one of our returners' head off.

We can't be losing the penalty count by 9 with a few minutes left only to get a couple of pity penalties at the end to make the count look better.Where do we make our metres from?By the time our back three are sluggishly getting up, the other team's had enough time to advance off their line to completely nullify our forwards.

Not trying to distance away from how the team performed, which was one of the worst I've see live, but some food for thought.

If we only get a penalty every 20 mins on average, we're asking for some amazing yardage from our forwards who have been tired out from a Dragons team(that miraculously were legally quick off their for the entire game, maybe except for once?) bashing them before they could even take a step.If we concede a penalty on average around every 7 minutes, we're asking for some flawless defence(you can make up your mind as to whether or not we achieved that).

So a mixture of shit refereeing, shit defence and expectations making our team play poor across the board.

I'm sick of dropping games to garbage teams with complete morons as fans.We simply cannot go 0-2 this weekend, our chances of achieving anything worthwhile this year essentially depend on it.

7. betcats

betcats Coach

Well if they can't get up for this game after the shit they served up last week then they really are struggling.

8. maple_69

maple_69 Bench

Our chances of achieving anything this year do not ride on tomorrows game. Give the kids a chance to figure it out. If Merrin and Tamou put it all out there, the rest will follow.

age.s likes this.
  9. age.s

age.s Bench

I don't think the Tigers are a shit team at all. I think they'll struggle if they get injuries but their top 17 is pretty strong. If they show up at Campbelltown its going to be a tough match no matter how we play.

10. PenrithPanther45

PenrithPanther45 Juniors

dwz has dropped off the extended bench and will make his return next week

11. Fangs

Fangs Bench

Thats legit? Can't find it anywhere

12. Fangs

Fangs Bench

I've got a feeling we will show up tomorrow. Expecting a huge game from our forward pack.

Think positive boys!

13. PenrithPanther45

PenrithPanther45 Juniors

him not returning this week or returning next week?

Fangs likes this.
  14. mxlegend99

mxlegend99 Coach

Glad hes not returning early. I cant imagine he will be better than Edwards in his first game of the year. So we might aswell play it safe with him.

Although DWZ and Blake ripped Tigers apart last time we faced them. Would have been good seeing them do it again.

15. panther.mike

panther.mike Juniors

Fangs...I think we have no show of winning as the whole team has no motivation, and Tedesco is really up for a good game, so he will be picked for SOO.He will beat us by himself.

16. orochimaru

orochimaru Juniors

I need you guys to win to finish my multi
    Storm 13+
    Knights 1 - 12
    Panthers 1 - 12

17. Exsilium

Exsilium Bench

I'd put you in contact with Tim Simona but he's not in first grade for some reason.

umina panther and Fangs like this.
  18. PenrithPanther45

PenrithPanther45 Juniors

Leota a late inclusion in NSW Cup, Browne set to be left out.

cainen likes this.
  19. Fangs

Fangs Bench

I'm nervous.

Like the return of Akauola. I think he and Kikau will give us a lot of energy from the bench. +1 for Griffin.

20. Copperhead

Copperhead Juniors

Bad luck for Browne, but stoked to see Kikau finally given a chance.