What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 Vs Tigers

TheFrog

Coach
Losing the ball cold in our own goalmouth in the lead up to the deBelin try would not have helped Leota's cause.

martielang

Bench
True but I wonder if he would of been rotated anyway. Few teams seem to have switched it up in the first couple of rounds this year.

I liked what I saw from Leota last week, looks a hell of a lot stronger and quicker. Excited to see how Kikau goes though.

The yak

Juniors
Leota's had a good off season at training and it showed in the 9's and in the trials. He is a hard worker and will come back better. Probably a bit unlucky not to get another go this week but someone has to pay the price after last week. I can think of others in the pack that could have been dropped to reggies or shunted the bench.

Like most excited to see Kikau get a chance. With him and Aka coming off the bench we should have a bit of punch. Provided the starters do their job.

chrisD

Coach
Good defensive performance but a bit hollow when the Cartwright issue wasn't involved.

Aggressive forwards made the difference in attack, Latu and Kikau need to get fitter and then more minutes.

mxlegend99

Referee
Do where does DWZ slot in? Do you drop Edwards or Whare?

Whare pushed Blake to the wing... and IMO he just takes away from Blake being as effective.

I think Blake and DWZ are a better combination. But a Whare double insures he stays in the team

age.s

First Grade
It'd be very harsh to drop Whare after that. He was very good today. I just hope we don't move Peachy. I'd probably drop Edwards. He did very little wrong today but he's young and will likely get another opportunity soon.

Very happy with that. No bad players but Moylan, Merrin and Peachy probably the best. As a whole the pack was so much better than rd1 and defending our line that well in the heat was very pleasing. Tigers absolutely wilted though. They looked like us last week.

Hope Carty uses what will probably be a few weeks off to get his head right. Dude looked shattered in the sheds.

betcats

Referee
Good to see Moylan stand up, we threatened almost every time he touched it. That bench was great a lot of energy and aggression with those four though I think Latu has to start. We still need more out of Tamou and Merton imo. Who comes onto the bench for Carty? Fish will start I think but I'm not sure what backrower is ready for it, CHN perhaps or maybe give Katoa a go. Anyway silver lining to the Carty injury is JFH gets more minutes, he had some big defensive plays this week I think he will do well with the extra playing time.

mxlegend99

Referee
Im sold on this halves pairing. Considering their age we can expect poor games. Especially if we got pumped in the forwards.

But Cleary and TMM look like they will compliment each other perfectly. But most impressively they are strong defenders too. If only we had a young hooker of the same potrntial. Our spine could be set for years

Pomoz

Bench
Im sold on this halves pairing. Considering their age we can expect poor games. Especially if we got pumped in the forwards.

But Cleary and TMM look like they will compliment each other perfectly. But most impressively they are strong defenders too. If only we had a young hooker of the same potrntial. Our spine could be set for years
We do have a hooker with potential his name is TMM. He just doesn't know it yet. Moylan to 5/8th, Edwards to fullback. Phase this in over the season and Wallace can retire.

mxlegend99

Referee
We do have a hooker with potential his name is TMM. He just doesn't know it yet. Moylan to 5/8th, Edwards to fullback. Phase this in over the season and Wallace can retire.
Ive wanted to see that. But their are no signs we will ever try it.

Moylan isnt ever moving to 6 either. Not with Griffin atleast. Hes the only player he won't give a crack it seems.