What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 Vs Tigers

TheFrog

Coach
A lot of mug punters did their dough on this game. According to the spiel before the game, the Panthers were completely unwanted, despite being favourites. Good result for the bookies it seems.

But really, fancy putting hard earned money on a repeat of round 1 form.

franklin2323

Immortal
We do have a hooker with potential his name is TMM. He just doesn't know it yet. Moylan to 5/8th, Edwards to fullback. Phase this in over the season and Wallace can retire.

Tyrone May will be our next hooker. Assuming Rein doesn't get his chance

TheFrog

Coach
dunno why you'd move TMM to 9
If I were desperate for a 9 I'd try Cleary before TMM. He looks more likely to me. But its all academic. Moylan is staying at fullback for a while yet. He can create plays quite adequately from there as you saw yesterday.

franklin2323

Immortal
Good to see Moylan stand up, we threatened almost every time he touched it. That bench was great a lot of energy and aggression with those four though I think Latu has to start. We still need more out of Tamou and Merton imo. Who comes onto the bench for Carty? Fish will start I think but I'm not sure what backrower is ready for it, CHN perhaps or maybe give Katoa a go. Anyway silver lining to the Carty injury is JFH gets more minutes, he had some big defensive plays this week I think he will do well with the extra playing time.

Browne was good against Dragons. I think he will start for Carty. Keep yesrerday's bench as it was. CHN no doubt will be in the 21 on Tues

franklin2323

Immortal
If I were desperate for a 9 I'd try Cleary before TMM. He looks more likely to me. But its all academic. Moylan is staying at fullback for a while yet. He can create plays quite adequately from there as you saw yesterday.

Moylan works at 1. I don't see why anyone thinks we should change. Didn't have Mansour and DWZ to kick return for him either.

betcats

Referee
Browne was good against Dragons. I think he will start for Carty. Keep yesrerday's bench as it was. CHN no doubt will be in the 21 on Tues

Can Browne play on the edge? He's only a played prop as far as I know. Fish played 65 minutes and was still strong at the end I like his impact off the bench but I think he's earned the start. Just read that Cartys injury isn't that serious and he might play this week so it might not matter anyway.

franklin2323

Immortal
Can Browne play on the edge? He's only a played prop as far as I know. Fish played 65 minutes and was still strong at the end I like his impact off the bench but I think he's earned the start. Just read that Cartys injury isn't that serious and he might play this week so it might not matter anyway.

Didn't he play edge in the PF against us in 2014? I was pretty sure he replaced Jackson when he went to hooker. He is best for the ugly stuff in the 1st 20 mins or so

I read that too. Still would have him have the week off over being needled up for round 3

betcats

Referee
Didn't he play edge in the PF against us in 2014? I was pretty sure he replaced Jackson when he went to hooker. He is best for the ugly stuff in the 1st 20 mins or so

I read that too. Still would have him have the week off over being needled up for round 3

Maybe, I was at that game blind drunk so I wouldn't remember.

betcats

Referee
How good was Kiks hit on Tedesco! Great debut by the big guy, for 122 kilos he can move and can play out wide or atleast he could in the 20s, good option off the bench for now anyway. Also I would be starting Latu and seeing how that goes.

franklin2323

Immortal
How good was Kiks hit on Tedesco! Great debut by the big guy, for 122 kilos he can move and can play out wide or atleast he could in the 20s, good option off the bench for now anyway. Also I would be starting Latu and seeing how that goes.

The thing with starting Latu is his defence is poor. He is the perfect impact player imo

Black Magik

Juniors
If it were my choice...Kiks stays!

He was mobile, seems to have a good motor and likes to score points.

MrBlack

Juniors
If it were my choice...Kiks stays!

He was mobile, seems to have a good motor and likes to score points.

Hook has shown in the past that everyone's position is theirs to lose. Play well and do your job and you are picked again.

Would be surprised if Kicks is relegated after that performance.

mxlegend99

Referee
Yep. Edwards had proven he is arguably our best defensive back everytime he has played in the spotlight.

Last year in his debut, Sharks looked to have a try for all money but he came through and grounded the ball from nowhere to save a try. We were on the wrong end of a flogging, but he showed early on the sort of heart he has.

Through the 9's he saved try after try, never giving up on a play and chasing everything. Quiet a few of his try saves were unbelievable... the strength and speed he showed to do it. I would rate them as much harder with so much more space to cover.

Yesterday he saved a try with pretty much his first touch by chasing from the opposite side of the field and reading the play perfectly. He did what Moylan should have done.

He might not be big like Dugan, Hayne, Inglis etc.. But the guy has an enormous heart, reads the game well and will come up with defensive saves Moylan wouldn't because he will put 100% into every play. I'm not sure if he's stronger or just tries harder. But either way he has a fair bit of pace and strength. In the 9's he was beaten on the outside by Semi Radradra... that's a try for all money. But he didn't give up, managed to catch him and tackle him quiet comfortably from behind. That doesn't happen often.

I hope by seasons end we have found a way for all these guys to fit in the team. Without moving Peachey... he's just too good at centre.

Copperhead

Juniors
Yesterday he saved a try with pretty much his first touch by chasing from the opposite side of the field and reading the play perfectly. He did what Moylan should have done.

When Suli centre kicked there was a line of Tigers ready to score and Moylan nowhere to be seen. Great effort from Edwards. But squeezing into this backline isn't easy. Blake's undeservedly finding that out too.