What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 - Dragons vs Rabbitohs: Sunday 1st August 6:25pm @Suncorp Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
It's a shame we can't enjoy and celebrate that victory over the Warriors longer but it's now time to switch focus and look towards the clash against the Dragons this Saturday in Rockhampton. Not sure if this is the first ever game in Rocky but if not, it's certainly the first one this year so really cool for the locals there to get a live game. Hopefully it brings a packed house on a Saturday arvo and hopefully it brings plenty of Souths fans.

On another note, it's hard to believe it's Round 20 and yet, this is the first Regular Season game we've played against St George Illawarra. They are a traditional rival of ours, one of our biggest rivals and that rivalry stretches all the way back to 1920, 100 years ago, when the St George dragons were established. Since then, the rivalry has been fierce and I expect that to be no different this week. The Dragons are really struggling currently. Facing BBQ-gate and slipping down the ladder, they're facing the prospect of their Finals hopes slipping away. However, in my eyes, it makes them a little dangerous. The fact remains that they are still a top eight team currently so this is a top eight clash and thus, a test for us. That will make them super desperate to hang onto that spot and every game from now on is so, so crucial. They still have plenty of stars in their side who can hurt you on their day. Dufty, Norman, Hunt to name a few, and their forward pack is not bad at all. No idea who they'll be missing this week due to BBQ-gate suspensions but we'll wait and see.

For us, this week is once again all about attitude. We showed last week that our attitude was right as we put the cleaners through a side and really turned it on. Well, this week we must get that attitude right again. We can't take the Dragons lightly and we have to turn up on Saturday looking to work hard for a win. This week is all about building on last week and that performance means nothing if you can't back it up in this one. It's the time of year where you begin to dial things up towards the Finals, we certainly did that last week and we need to continue to do that against the Dragons and that starts with our attitude. I'm still not happy with our defence, we still have that soft try conceded in us so defence should be a big focus, gotta tidy that up and we now have six games to get it right. Significantly, we'll be without Cam Murray and if there's any doubt over Reyno or Cody, they should be rested as well. I'm confident we can cover their losses against the Dragons if need be.

So a really exciting clash this week that as always, means a lot! Saturday can't come soon enough!

Last edited:

Travitoh

First Grade
StGI have gone 4-9 after a 4-1 start to the season. They're not a good side and Souths should account for them easily.

callmack1

Staff member
Aside from Graham returning, Taane back to the wing, Arrow to lock and Sele onto the bench, I think we'll name the same line up as last week. Cody and Reyno will be named.

Will be geart to get a few of those other guys back though.

southsport

First Grade
Aside from Graham returning, Taane back to the wing, Arrow to lock and Sele onto the bench, I think we'll name the same line up as last week. Cody and Reyno will be named.

Will be geart to get a few of those other guys back though.
It's still a strong line-up and we should come away with the 2 points, that could change if Adam and Cody drop out though.

Rabbits20

Immortal
South Sydney halfback Adam Reynolds is in doubt for Saturday's clash against the Dragons with a minor hamstring injury.

Scan results confirmed a small muscle issue for the departing playmaker, who will be rested from training this week before a final decision is made on Friday.

The Rabbitohs are expecting Cody Walker (knee) to be available after leaving the field in last week's win but could be without Liam Knight and Campbell Graham with the pair continuing to recover from head knocks.

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs Team List for Round 20: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2021/07/27/rabbitohs-team-list-for-round-20/

Mostly pretty happy with that. Even with the guys we have out, it's still a very strong side. Good to see Graham and Knight named along with Reyno but that obviously doesn't mean they're certain to play. Personally, I'd rest Reyno regardless. Zero risk and he gets a well deserved rest to re-charge. Play Taaffe at Half and see how he goes, that's what I'd do.

Anyway, the only selection I don't agree with is Paulo on the wing. Taane is now not even in the 17. How the hell does Jaxson deserve that spot over him? Taane has been fantastic and he's now been dropped completely. I'd pick him over both mansour and Paulo. Can't figure that one out.

On another note, Davvy Moale could potentially debut this week if Knight is ruled out.

So a strong side as expected. Could be some late changes but we'll see what happens. Bring on Saturday!!

Travitoh

First Grade
All 5 StGI outs are big for them.

Agree with Callmack, Milne really stiff not to be named. Maybe he's carrying a knock or soreness?

Interested to see how Ta'affe goes in the halves if Reynolds misses. Hopefully he does enough to discourage the Milford chat.

southsport

First Grade

callmack1

Staff member
"We've got the best outside backs in the Comp" - Koloamatangi: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2021/07/29/keaon-koloamatangi-media-round-20/

"When everyone's doing their job it's easy to throw that last pass" - Walker: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2021/07/29/cody-walker-media-round-20/

Very exciting about Moale potentially making his debut!! This kid is so highly rated, people are already calling him the Payne Haas clone. No disrespect to Knighty but I'm kind of hoping he's ruled out so Davvy can play. Would be a huge occasion!

Fox League is already reporting Knight has been ruled out but I haven't seen it anywhere else so wouldn't lock it in yet. Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Latest posts