What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 - Dragons vs Rabbitohs: Sunday 1st August 6:25pm @Suncorp Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
V'landys hopeful of completing round on Sunday and Monday: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/07/31/vlandys-hopeful-of-completing-round-on-sunday-and-monday/

'It is what it is' - Travel plans turned upside down but teams still at the ready: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/07/31/it-is-what-it-is-how-teams-discovered-games-were-in-doubt/

All games OFF today as defiant V’landys reveals NRL contingency plan: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/c987c754d691ccfb3cca38ae9addafd3

Such a strange feeling having no idea if it's game day tomorrow or not.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal

LEEETTTSSS GGGGOOOOOO FFFIIRRREEEEEEE UUUPPPPPP EVERYONE!!

No doubt V’Landry’s put his foot down and said if you don’t let us play then we will have to go elsewhere and you’ll lose the GF. As soon as he delivered that ultimatum then it was of course all about the money side of things and of course the QLD Govt budged as they want the GF.......

Bad thing for us is the boys travelled to Rockhampton there and back 6.5 hour trip all round so they’ll be a bit drained so I hope it doesn’t affect us too much tomorrow but it might. For us now even if we are a bit off our game we just need to get that win.

Another concern is we now have a pretty short turn around into the Parra game next Friday Night and Parra have a big leg up having had an extra 3 days rest.

Anyhow first things first lets go and get those 2 points tomorrow.

SOUTH SYDNEY CLAP CLAP CLAP

ALTOGETHER NOW LETS FIRE UUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPP! GLORY GLORY

WHO IS WITH ME???......

callmack1

Staff member

Rabbits20

Immortal

Well well yes there was a bit of a delay re what happened yesterday but thankfully only a short delay and we are good to go later today at 6:25pm, yes game day is once again here. For me when we play the Dragons it’s always a big deal as i live in the St George area and have friends, work mates and people I know in the general community who all go for the Dragons so this one always has some extra bragging rights and extra spice for mine. We have had a good record over the Dragons of late but we can’t afford to take them lightly. The Dragons have struggled of late but today is a must win for them so I expect them to be desperate and we have a great rivalry over many many many years as we know against the Dragons so it doesn’t matter where both teams sit on the ladder the games are always tough. Over the last few years when we’ve been at the top of the ladder people have said oh Souths win easy and then we’ve had games against them which have come down to the last 10-15mins.

For us we are a bit understrength but so are the Dragons so we can’t use that as an excuse we still have more than enough firepower to get the job done. Once again for us focus has to be on our defence and not to leak those soft tries that you can’t come finals time. That’s the number 1 area we have to get better at.

On another note will be great to see young Davvy Moale debut today he has a massive future and I hope he kills it.

SO RABBITOHS MEMBERS AND SUPPORTERS LETS SEND THE BOYS AS MUCH POSITIVE ENERGY AS POSSIBLE TONIGHT, THE BOYS KNOW WE ARE ALL BEHIND THEM SO EVERYONE ON YOUR FEET COME 6:24PM TONIGHT LETS GO AND GET THOSE DRAGONS AND GO 6 POINTS CLEAR OF PARRA IN 4TH! GLORY GLORY LETS GO RABBITOHS!!!

Jim Rockford

Bench

Jim Rockford

Bench
We started to lose focus a bit in that half but we definitely sorted that out heading into the break. I expect us to run away with it in the 2nd half.

callmack1

Staff member
Yeeehaaaa what a win!! What a feeling! Like last week, I expected us to win but I didn't expect it to be by that much. But man, the boys really turned it on late in that second half and we were on fire!! So good to watch. Love the fact that we were rutheless and put them to the sword too!

Granted, I feel like we didn't actually play super well over all. We were only just above average for most of that game but the way the boys ramped it up and just turned it on was extremely pleasing.

Cracking 50 for the second week in a row. Well done lads!!

Latest posts