What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 - Dragons vs Rabbitohs: Sunday 1st August 6:25pm @Suncorp Stadium

Rabbits20

Immortal

Well how good was that GLORY GLORY a massive win against fierce rivals St Merge. I’m stoked with that win we were pretty good but still room for improvement! I was most pleased with the improved defence in the second half and also most pleased with the fact we are 6 points clear of 4th spot.

Highlights of the match for me were the Reyno try chip and chase I went absolutely crazy when that happened I started singing the Adam Reynolds song. Then Tom storming through I went equally as mad! My voice is struggling a little after that I hate to think what the neighbours thought!

SOUTH SYDNEY MARCHES ON BABY!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal

RRREEEYYYNNNNOOOLLLDDDSSS

RRREEEEYYYYNNNNOOOOLLLDDDDSSSSSS

RRRREEEEYYYYNNNNNOOOOOLLLLDDDSSSS

THERE IS ONLY ONE ADAM REYNOLDS

OONNNEEE AAADDDAAAMMM RRREEYYNNNOOOLLDDDSSS

STAND AND APPLAUD

I HAVE WATCHED THIS TRY BACK 9 TIMES ALREADY

Rabbits20

Immortal
Mate, I yelled so hard when that happened I almost gave my dog a heart attack! I think I'm going to yell even louder when he takes the Rabbitohs point-scoring record (hopefully next week!)
I know he doesn’t have many games left for us so I’m savouring every moment. I even went into full singing mode of the Burrow Adam Reynolds song, the neighbours must think I’m mad but oh well......... he’s only 8 points away from becoming Souths best point scorer of all time it’ll be an emotional moment for me. No doubt after his last game for us I’ll shed a few tears but always hold onto all the many memories he’s given and my 2014 premiership jersey that he signed I do and will always treasure that forever.

isaiah

Bench
It's a shame we can't enjoy and celebrate that victory over the Warriors longer but it's now time to switch focus and look towards the clash against the Dragons this Saturday in Rockhampton. Not sure if this is the first ever game in Rocky but if not, it's certainly the first one this year so really cool for the locals there to get a live game. Hopefully it brings a packed house on a Saturday arvo and hopefully it brings plenty of Souths fans.

On another note, it's hard to believe it's Round 20 and yet, this is the first Regular Season game we've played against St George Illawarra. They are a traditional rival of ours, one of our biggest rivals and that rivalry stretches all the way back to 1920, 100 years ago, when the St George dragons were established. Since then, the rivalry has been fierce and I expect that to be no different this week. The Dragons are really struggling currently. Facing BBQ-gate and slipping down the ladder, they're facing the prospect of their Finals hopes slipping away. However, in my eyes, it makes them a little dangerous. The fact remains that they are still a top eight team currently so this is a top eight clash and thus, a test for us. That will make them super desperate to hang onto that spot and every game from now on is so, so crucial. They still have plenty of stars in their side who can hurt you on their day. Dufty, Norman, Hunt to name a few, and their forward pack is not bad at all. No idea who they'll be missing this week due to BBQ-gate suspensions but we'll wait and see.

For us, this week is once again all about attitude. We showed last week that our attitude was right as we put the cleaners through a side and really turned it on. Well, this week we must get that attitude right again. We can't take the Dragons lightly and we have to turn up on Saturday looking to work hard for a win. This week is all about building on last week and that performance means nothing if you can't back it up in this one. It's the time of year where you begin to dial things up towards the Finals, we certainly did that last week and we need to continue to do that against the Dragons and that starts with our attitude. I'm still not happy with our defence, we still have that soft try conceded in us so defence should be a big focus, gotta tidy that up and we now have six games to get it right. Significantly, we'll be without Cam Murray and if there's any doubt over Reyno or Cody, they should be rested as well. I'm confident we can cover their losses against the Dragons if need be.

So a really exciting clash this week that as always, means a lot! Saturday can't come soon enough!
Mark Nicholls is Jeremy Smith 2.0

Jim Rockford

Bench
I know he doesn’t have many games left for us so I’m savouring every moment. I even went into full singing mode of the Burrow Adam Reynolds song, the neighbours must think I’m mad but oh well......... he’s only 8 points away from becoming Souths best point scorer of all time it’ll be an emotional moment for me. No doubt after his last game for us I’ll shed a few tears but always hold onto all the many memories he’s given and my 2014 premiership jersey that he signed I do and will always treasure that forever.
Mate, it's a damn shame that those in charge of retention don't value him half as much as you and me (and tonnes of other Bunnies tragics as well). We just have to enjoy our little general while we still can because he will soon be gone.

southsport

First Grade
Milne has proven to be an excellent signing, he's a bit of a beast in both attack and defence and I wouldn't mind him staying at right centre but when Graham returns Taane will be back on the right wing with AJ on the left when he returns.

handyman2190

Bench
Milne has proven to be an excellent signing, he's a bit of a beast in both attack and defence and I wouldn't mind him staying at right centre but when Graham returns Taane will be back on the right wing with AJ on the left when he returns.
Love his aggression, but he needs to control it better,nearly cost us sunday, when he started fighting

Rabbits20

Immortal
I dunno about you guys but in the second half I got into a mode like being at the stadium. I started chanting RRRAAABBBIIITTTOOOHHHSSSS RRRAAABBBIIIITTTOOOHHHSSSSS

And in the last 5mins I started belting out BOTANY ROAD TAKE ME HOME (fast clapping and stamping one of my feet as well)!

You may thinks it is over the top but there is no reason why we can’t have some of that game atmosphere from at home!