What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 Penrith

Puff

First Grade
Hey whats the go with the deck at the Dolphins home ground?

Can normal pleb fans get on it during game days? Or is it just club members?
Not sure, I have trouble enough working on getting a ticket first, that's a large enough hurdle.

Big Pete

Referee
Penrith Panthers vs. Dolphins
BlueBet Stadium, Sunday 21 July 2024
Kick Off: 2:00pm

PENRITH2024.png

1. Daine Laurie 2. Sunia Turuva 3. Izack Tago 4. Casey McLean 5. Paul Alamoti 6. Brad Schneider 7. Nathan Cleary 8. Moses Leota 9. Mitch Kenny 10. James Fisher-Harris 11. Scott Sorensen 12. Luke Garner 13. Matt Eisenhuth

14. Trent Toelau 15. Lindsay Smith 16. Liam Henry 17. Luron Patea

18. Isaiah Iongi 19. Mavrik Geyer 20. Soni Luke 21. Tyrone Peachey 22. Jarome Luai 23. Brian To'o 24. Liam Martin

DOLPHINS2024.png

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow 2. Jamayne Isaako 3. Jake Averillo 4. Herbie Farnworth 5. Jack Bostock 6. Kodi Nikorima 7. Isaiya Katoa 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Max Plath 10. Tevita Pangai Junior 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Connelly Lemuelu 13. Kenny Bromwich

14. Josh Kerr 15. Mark Nicholls 16. Ray Stone 17. Trai Fuller

18. Sean O'Sullivan 19. Tesi Niu 20. Anthony Milford 21. Mason Teague 22. Oryn Keeley​

Big Pete

Referee
Penrith Panthers 28 def. Dolphins 26 (Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow 2, Isaiya Katoa, Jack Bostock tries; Jamayne Isaako 5/5 goals)

9-8

Shades of the 2023 Grand Final. Led by 14 points with just over 20 to go, it was arguably the best performance of the season when it all went pear-shaped.

It all started with a lazy high tackle against Jesse Bromwich. Then Lemuelu came from the field after a head clash but not before giving away another head high penalty. Lemuelu's concussion forces a reshuffle and Penrith take full advantage with Leota beating Kenny Bromwich right where Lemuelu would have been defending.

It was all going Penrith's way, but at 26-24 with 6 to go, it appeared the Dolphins could still hold on. A relieving penalty put the Dolphins in good field position, but then Lemuelu spilled an inside pass from Nikorima and it led straight to a break for the Panthers. Kerr gave away a silly penalty to get himself sent to sin bin and from there, it was Penrith's game to lose.

Still, the Dolphins gave themselves a sniff when they made a huge break down the right hand side. Katoa had an opportunity to snap the field goal, but opted not to and eventually Cleary kicked another beauty to win it for his club.

That's 1-3 for the Dolphins in Golden Point, including two that weren't exactly gimmes. I was surprised the Dolphins had actually won a golden point game, but had forgotten about last year's win against the Titans.

It was a bitter pill to swallow, but the Dolphins can take a lot of pride out of their performance. Their trending in the right direction and while 10-7 would have put them in the box seat, they're still a good chance of qualifying for the finals which would be an unbelievable result.

MugaB

Coach
It all started with a lazy high tackle against Jesse Bromwich. Then Lemuelu came from the field after a head clash but not before giving away another head high penalty. Lemuelu's concussion forces a reshuffle and Penrith take full advantage with Leota beating Kenny Bromwich right where Lemuelu would have been defending.
To be honest though, no one would stop Moses from that rampaging run, lemuelu wouldn't have made that a different scenario
It was all going Penrith's way, but at 26-24 with 6 to go, it appeared the Dolphins could still hold on. A relieving penalty put the Dolphins in good field position, but then Lemuelu spilled an inside pass from Nikorima and it led straight to a break for the Panthers. Kerr gave away a silly penalty to get himself sent to sin bin and from there, it was Penrith's game to lose.

Still, the Dolphins gave themselves a sniff when they made a huge break down the right hand side. Katoa had an opportunity to snap the field goal, but opted not to and eventually Cleary kicked another beauty to win it for his club.

That's 1-3 for the Dolphins in Golden Point, including two that weren't exactly gimmes. I was surprised the Dolphins had actually won a golden point game, but had forgotten about last year's win against the Titans.
I went to that game, was extremely thrilling, when O'Sullivan's scored under the post I thought the game was done, but wasn't to be and issakos fg was glorious

Puff

First Grade
Was a great game, and it shows, as a new club we are headed in the right direction

Big Pete

Referee
To be honest though, no one would stop Moses from that rampaging run, lemuelu wouldn't have made that a different scenario
You can never really argue in hypotheticals. What I will say is that Penrith clearly set the play up and exploited the absence which was smart on their behalf.

MugaB

Coach
You can never really argue in hypotheticals. What I will say is that Penrith clearly set the play up and exploited the absence which was smart on their behalf.
I don't think they even knew Lemuelu was missing, if anything kenny is more a defensive threat purely on experience..

Big Pete

Referee
I don't think they even knew Lemuelu was missing, if anything kenny is more a defensive threat purely on experience..
They aren't that stupid.

If anything, Kenny in that position of the field was too experienced - too many kms in the legs was always going to make him more vulnerable.