What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 results

lyon is a saint

Juniors
Salford 34 - 16 Widnes.. att ?

St Helens 18 - 10 Hull.. att 9.199

Saints were missing 7 first team regulars.. Hooper, Sculthorpe, Long, Higham, Vinnie Anderson, Graham, and Gilmour. A great win and the defence was amazing from both sides.

Jamie Lyon grabbing 10 points.. 1 try and 3 conversions.

JasonE

Bench
Heard that Scott Moore played very well, good to see Daniel Anderson giving Paul Clough his first run too.

roughyed8

Juniors
London Broncos 32-Leeds Rhinos 24

Broncos score24 pts in last 20 mins to inflict 3rd defeat of season on comp leaders, game played in Perpignan, France 6,500 crowd

Wigan 36- Warrington 17

Wigan score 32 2nd half points to defeat 3rd place Warrington and keep playoff hopes alive. 14,162 crowd

Sun_Down

Juniors
Thats a solid crowd for Perpignan, I wonder what their average will be when they get the Catalans in for next year. Anyway, Iam glad that London is finally winning some games.

lyon is a saint

Juniors
Watch out for Scott Moore when you lot get too see this weeks games.... for a 17 year old lad he bossed the game, against the likes of Richard Horne ( whos being tipped for a starting GB place ).... he's kicking game is something special,.

bartman

Immortal
Good results there for Salford, London, Wigan, and Wakefield. The ladders's getting pretty tight around that 5th-10th spot...

Leeds 34
St Helens 33
Warrington 26
Hull 24
Bradford 21
London 20
- - - - -
Wigan 18
Huddersfield 18
Salford 16
Wakefield 14
- - - - -
Widnes 11
Leigh 5

bartman

Immortal
Relative to Australian crowds yeah, but that's pretty much sticking to the averages/expectations at those grounds though...

Sun_Down

Juniors
True, I try to keep NRL figures out of my head when reviewign ESL crowds so I do not make comparisons, but, doesnt Leeds and Bradford both have like 15,000 averages, and got over 20K last year a few times? How can there be such a huge gap...?

bartman

Immortal
Yep, those figures are about right. I guess the gap may be down to success breeding higher levels of interest?

Leeds and Bradford have both finished in the top 6 every year for the past 8 or 9 years. Wakefield and Huddersfield have only finished above 10th in Super League once (both last year), and since then have been inconsistent on the field and Wakefield have sacked their coach...

There's a few teams stuck in the "limbo area" of super league - never having cracked real success, but not being right down the bottom either. It would be amazing to see what a bit of on-field success one day might do for those clubs and their attendence levels?

Sun_Down

Juniors
Yeah I guess matching up success and attendence would reveal a pretty consistant pattern...Would ESL be better without this system of relegation, instead have a set of clubs in strong areas...not a new team every year?...