What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 - Sharks vs Rabbitohs: Saturday 30th July 5:30pm @PointsBet Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
Time to switch our focus and look towards Round 20, Women in League Round, as we trade the Red and Green for Pink and Green this week. A very special Round as we celebrate and thank all the Women in our lives and everything they've done for us. Great that the club marks the occasion with a special jersey. And what an occasion it is on Saturday night as we take on the high-flying Sharks in a blockbuster clash. last week was a challenge that we passed with flying colours, but this week, it steps up a notch yet again. Cronulla are third for a reason and it's going to be a very, very tough game against them at home. I hope we're up for this because this will really show us where we're at and it's a chance to make a statement and announce ourselves as genuine contenders.

As I said, the Sharks are currently sitting pretty in third position on the ladder, and they've been one of the best teams all year. Some think it's because they've had an easy draw, but I don't really subscribe to that opinion, if you're in the top four, you're there for a reason and because you've earnt it. No doubt they have been one of the best sides this year and despite losing over the weekend, I think they have proven that they are the real deal and a genuine contender against Penrith. That's dangerous this week because they'll want to get back to winning ways at home no doubt. Cronulla play a really good brand of Footy with toughness and a bit of flair, and it's the stars they have all over the park which allow them to do so. Ramien, Mulitalo, Talakai, Moylan, Hynes, Rudolf, Brailey, Nikora, Graham; Man, the list just goes on and on. Just like last week, I think that once again the key is to hold our own in the middle and then shut down their halves. Although, their backline is a lot more dangerous so we're gonna need to be on across the park really.

For us, we've won four in a row now, but this is going to be our biggest test in many weeks. We're really up against it and up against a huge challenge. This week is about showing we're up to that challenge. With the run we've had recently, the type of Footy we've played and some of the teams we've knocked off, confidence should be sky-high, and I think a super tough game like this comes at the right time. We're either going to announce ourselves as contenders or get a reality check. I hope our boys are up for this and I really think they will be. There's no excuse to not be with everything to play for. Beat Cronulla and it makes the top four a real possibility. We'll go in with a strong side and I know that if we get things right, we can do this!! Hold the ball, complete your sets better, kick like we did last week and defend like we did last week, and we're a massive chance.

A bumper clash at Shark Park in Women in League Round! Will we sink or swim? Our destiny is in our own hands, and I know the boys can do this!! Bring on Saturday!!!!

callmack1

Staff member
Here's my predicted line up for Round 20 against the Sharks,

1. Mitchell
2. Johnston
3. Cartwright
4. Tass
5. Paulo
6. Walker
7. Ilias
8. Tatola
9. Cook
10. Nicholls
11. Koloamatangi
12. Arrow
13. Murray (C)

14. Nikorima
15. Moale
16. Havili
17. Burgess

Explains itself really and I'll be shocked if this isn't the team that's named.

What is a fairly big point of interest for me this week, aside from a lot of other stuff, is how do we use Nikorima off the bench? He played halfback late in the game because JD said he felt like we had the win wrapped up and Lachie has been getting his shoulder needled so he gave him a rest.

What if that is not the case this week at that point in the game? Sharks are the real deal so what if it's very close or we're chasing points? You can't bring Lachie off if that's the case so where do we bring him on? Can't come into the middle for Cam surely. I guess there may be an injury that solves that headache but obviously hoping that doesn't happen. It's a tough one, will be interesting and could actually have a big impact on the result.

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs Line Up For Round 20 Against Sharks: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...-for-women-in-league-round-20-against-sharks/

Pretty happy with that team!! Quite strong, near full strength apart from a couple of players and it's basically named as expected. What was not expected was Nicho out. Not sure what the issue is there but it's a real buggar that he's injured, that's a real loss for us.

Other than that, it's a strong squad. Saturday night can't come quick enough!!

callmack1

Staff member

Steenson123

Juniors
Cronulla are overrated. Yes they have some potency if allowed but they also have players such as Fifita, Graham, and other slowing aged forwards in their squad. Overrated is Up Up Malaka.

callmack1

Staff member

callmack1

Staff member
The anticipation has been building all week and finally, finally, the day that we've all been waiting for has arrived. Game day is here!! What a huge night it is for us and our 2022 Season tonight as we take on the high-flying Sharks in an absolute blockbuster! No doubt this is our toughest, biggest game of the Season thus far but it's also our biggest opportunity to make a real statement. Will we announce ourselves as contenders? Or will we be shown up as pretenders? We will find out tonight either way and it's up to the boys out there to decide.

I believe Cronulla are the real deal this year. They've been one of the best sides all Season and deserve to be sitting pretty in third. A lot has been said about their easy draw, but I don't really buy into that. If you are at that end of the ladder, you're there for a reason. They showed that last week against Penrith and although they didn't win, they really stuck it to them. This is what makes tonight so huge because we're going up against a genuine competition heavyweight. Cronulla play a really good brand of Footy with toughness and a bit of flair, and it's the stars they have all over the park which allow them to do so. Ramien, Mulitalo, Talakai, Moylan, Hynes, Rudolf, Brailey, Nikora, Graham; Man, the list just goes on and on. Just like last week, I think that once again the key is to hold our own in the middle tonight and then shut down their halves. Although, their backline is a lot more dangerous so we're gonna need to be on across the park really.

For us, our destiny is in our own hands really, I genuinely believe that. As I have said, tonight is a massive opportunity to really make a statement and properly announce ourselves to the rest of the competition and it is up to the 17 men out there in a Souths jersey to do that. If we play our best Footy, I have no doubt that we can contend with anyone. It's going to be a real challenge tonight and I really hope our lads are up to that challenge. No reason why we shouldn't be. The confidence in the group should be sky-high at the moment and tonight is about carrying that on. We're certainly up against it, no doubt, but I really think we can do this! It's not going to be easy, but we are capable of sticking it to Cronulla at their home ground. I have so much belief now and I hope the boys feel the same. It will have to be one of our best performances all year, but that's what needs to happen tonight. If we get things right, we can do this! Hold the ball, complete your sets better, kick like we did last week and defend like we did last week, and we're a massive chance.

On another note, adding to the occasion is Women in League Round. A very special Round for everyone involved in the game as we reflect on all the special Ladies in our lives and thank them for everything they've done for us. We reflect on all the Women in our game doing amazing things, we reflect on the growth of the Women's game and look forward to its continued growth. Cool that the club is marking the occasion by wearing the Pink and Green of our Women's team.

So this is it! The much-anticipated clash ain't far away! Will we shine or will we faulter? I certainly think the boys can do it!! Much has been said about our poor record at Shark Park but as JD said yesterday, "this team this year writes its own history." Let's gooooooo!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal

Well here we are Game Day it is on this sunny but chilly Saturday as we look to make it 5 in a row as we take on the Sharks Away at Shark Park tonight at 5:30 in a blockbuster. This is gonna be a massive test for us and a good gauge on where we are at. It will certainly be a step up from last week playing away at a hostile Shark Park never an easy place to win. The Sharks are in the top 4 currently and are one of the top high flying sides this year. Fitzgibbon has got them playing very good football and they have strike all over the park in Hynes, Moylan, Ramien, Talakai, Brailey, Rudolf, McInnes, Nikora, W. Graham etc...... the Sharks have been one of the best defensive sides too so it won’t be easy to break them down.

For us it we want to have a chance at the top 4 tonight is a must win so the boys need to give it everything. We can’t afford to start off our game starting slowly otherwise our pants will be pulled down. We need to come out very focussed and prepared to do the tough yakka, complete highly and kick to corners plus not give soft penalties away. In attack we need to make their defence work and build pressure not trying to score off every play and set. The first 30mins are crucial for us I feel. Looking forward to watching Sulaka Fifita get his chance starting and our middles starting solid then our bench to give us kick and impact to give our spine ample opportunity.

It is also Women in League Round so the boys will wanna do the women in their lives and that jersey proud tonight! We have some strong support in the Shire too so I’m sure in one end up the corner we will have some vocal support right behind the boys!

So Rabbitohs Members and Supporters it’s time to be excited as we run into our final 6 games every game is so important as is every try scored and saved. At 5:28pm tonight everyone on your feet no matter where you are wearing the colours proudly and shouting your lungs out and clapping your hands til no end! WE CAN DO THIS I KNOW WE CAN LETS GO RABBITOHS GLORY GLORY!!!

SOUTH SYDNEY CLAP CLAP CLAP

GO SOUTH SYDNEY GO SOUTH SYDNEY

WALKING ALONG SINGING A SONG SINGING GLORY GLORY GLORY ALL THE WAY!!!!

LETS URGE THE BOYS HOME AND BACK INTO 6TH!!

callmack1

Staff member
Well, I can't decide if I'm extremely excited or extremely nervous!

Enjoy the game everyone!

Go out there and make a statement Souths, we can bloody well do this!!!

Latest posts