What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 - TLT Mighty Eels v Gareth's Dragons

Glenneel

Bench
I used to think the same, but I don't think its that easy. I think they try to shut the play down before the winger gets isolated one on one. With wingers being so big, with all the foward momentum and so adept at finishing off plays with only the smallest of margins, teams try to shut down plays before getting into that position. Even if it means they might concede an easy try every now and then.
But how many times does a winger come in to help his centre who has already tackled his opposite only for the winger to go in unopposed. If the young St Geo winger had of stayed on his opposite Souths may not have scored in the last 10 secs of the match, or Parry let in a Warriors try when Blake has his opposite tackled, who then gave Parry a gob full.

crocodile

Bench
Well if that’s your thing..........
It’s an instruction rather than a personal endeavor. Like when the King cries “shit”. He’s not conveying his own intentions only his wish that 4000 loyal subjects must immediately strain their bowels in unison.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
But how many times does a winger come in to help his centre who has already tackled his opposite only for the winger to go in unopposed. If the young St Geo winger had of stayed on his opposite Souths may not have scored in the last 10 secs of the match, or Parry let in a Warriors try when Blake has his opposite tackled, who then gave Parry a gob full.
Likewise, how often do we see a defender get dragged across the tryline one-on-one. Especially where the attacker gets outside him. Parry might be a rookie but he's played enough centre to have seen this happen plenty of times.

Bandwagon

Staff member
It's also worth remembering the defensive problem usually starts inside the centre, from blokes not pushing across, misreading or just being a bit lazy / tired. Last thing you want is your centre or winger one on one, you want numbers there. It's the centre and winger that ends up looking poor because they f**k up a decision they shouldn't have to make if whoever's organising the line on that side is doing their job, and the other merkins are doing their jobs.

wilco44

Juniors
Certainly true that if we don't make the Top 8 we won't play the finals.

Arsetool.
I should write better, as I my grammar isn't that great. If should be a win tomorrow arvo but with the eels...it's always a 50/50 chance. Blame the coach and assistant coaches and 3 players mainly. If we win tomorrow it's nearly certain make the Top 8. Then just winning 2 games to make the finals. Usually 28pts you make the Top 8. And the dragons aren't that great. So, I wrote f'n man up eels.
You understand buddy??!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I hope we give Sivo plenty of opportunity to get one on one with the young Dragons winger Saab.
Saab_900_GLE_%282%29_%28crop%29.jpg

I should write better, as I my grammar isn't that great. If should be a win tomorrow arvo but with the eels...it's always a 50/50 chance. Blame the coach and assistant coaches and 3 players mainly. If we win tomorrow it's nearly certain make the Top 8. Then just winning 2 games to make the finals. Usually 28pts you make the Top 8. And the dragons aren't that great. So, I wrote f'n man up eels.
You understand buddy??!

Don't f**ken buddy me altman.