What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 v Rabbits

BLM01

First Grade
Souths had 7 out last night. They were nowhere near full strength and barely got out of first gear. Amone and Sullivan missed 15 tackles between them, welcome to the NRL. They can only get better when they finally get to play in position and behind a decent forward pack. One forward (Fuimaiono) cracked 100m. Jayden Hunt played 10 mins. Poasa is the real disappointment. He will be lucky to get a run next year.
Have a look again . 6 potential 1st graders and a couple of ones don’t make their Top squad and are surplus anyway like Burns and Knight snd even Benji
The 3 that make it are Johnson Campbell snd Tatola
Good narrative from Wayne after flogging us and justifying their complacency at times

mightydragon

Juniors
Have a look again . 6 potential 1st graders and a couple of ones don’t make their Top squad and are surplus anyway like Burns and Knight snd even Benji
Good narrative from Wayne after flogging us and justifying their complacency at times
They would all be in 1st grade at our club

jeffdragon

Bench
The dragons always struggle even win they win games.
Never really put teams away unless the opposition play poorly.
If any team plays decent footy we are in trouble.
Dragons disappoint us on many levels.Hence the lack of confidence and criticism from the fans.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
He’s just another plodder making up the numbers. What makes it worse is that he is too dumb to realise you can’t tackle blokes around the head.
I was one who suggested that Fui be resigned. I am starting to have second thoughts. I still think he has something to offer and improve on, but he does too many dumb things. If resigned, he would probably spend half the year on suspension the way he plays at the moment! Not sure if Fui is too stubborn to change or too thick to see the problem.

Pablooo

Juniors
What about Murray, he is their Radley. Even though they had Tatola, Johnson, Campbell and Murray out, I thought the Dragons youngsters with the likes of Hunt, McCullough and Simms were good for 60 minutes of that game. You can’t get juice out of a stone and the young Dragons were always going to be up against it last night so there are no heads down on being run down in the last 20 minutes.

Illusion

Bench
Watching the game has confirmed to me that ( forget who was playing ) we are the slowest team in the comp wth everything we do ..... Slow motion stuf , play the balls are very slow thats why they make less metres than other teams ...... this is a coaching issue that needs to changed ...... Too slow for todays game .....

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Souths had 7 out last night. They were nowhere near full strength and barely got out of first gear. Amone and Sullivan missed 15 tackles between them, welcome to the NRL. They can only get better when they finally get to play in position and behind a decent forward pack. One forward (Fuimaiono) cracked 100m. Jayden Hunt played 10 mins. Poasa is the real disappointment. He will be lucky to get a run next year.
Keep in mind all of them are still teenagers and they're still growing into their bodies. Nobody in the backs or halves is suddenly born a defensive genius in their first season. They were up against Latrell, Walker, Reynolds. Keep in mind as I said earlier, Amone's never played in the centres yet understood his assignment better than Beale did.

BLM01

First Grade
What about Murray, he is their Radley. Even though they had Tatola, Johnson, Campbell and Murray out, I thought the Dragons youngsters with the likes of Hunt, McCullough and Simms were good for 60 minutes of that game. You can’t get juice out of a stone and the young Dragons were always going to be up against it last night so there are no heads down on being run down in the last 20 minutes.
Oh don’t worry about Murray he’s nothing he wouldn’t help our squad
just that he’s my favourite origin and club player 😫
I see him a lot better than Radley

kit66

Bench
Probably not even worth commenting on such a woeful performance.
Extremely disappointed at the ease with which the Bunnies got over our line. The first two tries were a joke, they just walked in. I listened for about 60 minutes on ABC radio and watched the hi-lights and that's enough, no need to watch the replay.
22 missed tackles from our " young guns " Amone x 6, Slone x 7 and Sullivan x 9 is depressing and doesn't speak well for our future / rebuild. I know they lack match fitness but strewth it's first grade. You've got shoulders, fkn use them !
Another mystery with our biggest forward Kerr getting low minutes again when he's been having a good year ???
McCullough seems incapable of steering our forwards around, getting them moving forward in attack and leading their line speed in defence and tops it off by giving away 3 of our 4 6agains. 9 is arguably the most important position on the field, it's all based around him and we're behind the 8 ball on that score right from the start.
Ellis ( 46 tackles in 56 mins ), Fui and Burns played well and Tariq's 46 tackles in his 70 minutes at lock was admirable.

Corey Norman should be shown the door immediately before he does any more damage.

I wasn't expecting much from this game and I wasn't disappointed.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
I was one who suggested that Fui be resigned. I am starting to have second thoughts. I still think he has something to offer and improve on, but he does too many dumb things. If resigned, he would probably spend half the year on suspension the way he plays at the moment! Not sure if Fui is too stubborn to change or too thick to see the problem.
He, like many other underperformers are clearly not in anyway concerned with the reaction of their coach at their stupid lazy plays. Coach is a lemon kids.

I understand that criticism can be necessary and important at times, but please guys, do not be harsh on Sloan, Amone and Sullivan. The three of them have barely played any first grade, yet were absolutely thrown into three very important roles against a pretty much full-strength South Sydney team. Amone has never played centre in the juniors. Sloan hasn't played fullback at the top grade and actually played more wing in SG Ball. Sullivan's been out all year with injury and played like 2 games of reserve grade. And guess what? The three of them are all under the age of 20. PLEASE for the love of this club do not turn them into whipping boys! They're just teenagers and are trying their best out there, demonstrating a much better dedication to the jersey than half of the 'seasoned professionals' in the team.
I like that Griffin is giving these kids a crack at the big time. A two edged sword being a talented rookie.. huge kudos if we are winning but flack if we are losing given they are the latest boys in the side. I see the same problem we are having as in previous seasons is inconsistency. I also see the reason being we do not have an organiser at half. All the good sides have creative halves. Hunt tries hard but face it.. he just dont cut the mustard.