What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 v Storm

roofromoz

First Grade
Jumping the gun a bit here with the match thread given it's still a (long) 5 and a bit weeks away.

But I am so pumped for this match. The Storm will be keen to atone for Round 3 and our record in Melbourne (assuming it will be there) is trash.

This will be the most hyped Panthers regular season match I can remember since becoming a fan in 1994.

snickers007

Juniors
NRL.com reporting that Papenhouyzen is scheduled to return for this game too.

Should be a barnstormer.

WestyLife

First Grade
Jumping the gun a bit here with the match thread given it's still a (long) 5 and a bit weeks away.

But I am so pumped for this match. The Storm will be keen to atone for Round 3 and our record in Melbourne (assuming it will be there) is trash.

This will be the most hyped Panthers regular season match I can remember since becoming a fan in 1994.

Don't blame you it's a big game. Probably most important regular season game.

The_Frog

First Grade
Unless one of these sides enters a slump between now and then, this will be no more than a great exhibition game between the two best outfits the game has, but with zero bearing on the outcome of this year's premiership. It'll probably also be the first time we've not started favourite this year.

WestyLife

First Grade
Unless one of these sides enters a slump between now and then, this will be no more than a great exhibition game between the two best outfits the game has, but with zero bearing on the outcome of this year's premiership. It'll probably also be the first time we've not started favourite this year.

After origin against the best team in the comp. It'll show where they truly are.

maple_69

Bench
Looking like the only game of the season that might give any indication on who’s in front. Can’t wait. Round 20 & 21 has a stack of games between the top 6. In general the comp starts in earnest for us with this game. It’s gonna be a ride! Let’s hope Cleary et al can romp the Maroons and head into that stretch full of confidence.

betcats

Referee
I hope the storm are full strength I think we can beat them if we play our best. Last time we played both sides were missing some key players but Nathan was the best player missing. Burton was a great back up that game but they had Brandon smith and nico Hynes to cover pap and grant they are two great back ups themselves. We played half the game with a spine of Kenny, luai, Burton and May.

betcats

Referee
Since last time we met our left edge has improved dramatically with Burton at left centre and Crichton is back in good form at right centre and defensively very good, if both sides are near full strength I think we have a lot to be confident about especially if Dyl and kikau can find their early season form again.

GongPanther

Referee

I'll start the Panthers V Souths GF thread.:)

I'll start the Panthers V Souths GF thread.:)
I thought Wests Tigers were shoe-ins for this years GF after the way they dismantled us after an unbeaten 12-game start to the season. Not even Storm and the Bunnies could beat us.

Still can’t work out how the Tigers managed to do the impossible........

Kilkenny

Coach
The Storm are incredibly difficult to beat anywhere, never mind on there home turf.

It would be nice to go into the Round 20 clash on the back of wins against the Eels, Warriors and Broncos and the bye thrown in.

Hopefully, we are Covid free again and out of lockdown so wife and I can get down for the game and watch it with our son who lives in Melbourne.

For anyone who hasn’t been to AAMI it is a great stadium and the Storm fans are a very loud and raucous lot. They put a lot of pressure on the referee and match officials which can make life difficult if the calls go against you Which they invariably do in my experience.

roofromoz

First Grade
Pencilled in for Sunshine Coast if the Storm can't return to Melbourne but we are pushing for Suncorp Stadium. Good luck with that, not our home game. Buried in the article about the rumoured TPJ signing being back on

Kilkenny

Coach
Two points is crucial against the Broncos is we want to have any chance of finishing in front of the Storm for the minor premiership. The Storm has a much easier draw in the run in to the semi finals.

Kilkenny

Coach
I tend to think the minor premiership is unlikely so I guess our focus is locking up position two or three. Probably doesn’t really matter I guess if we can’t finish in the top spot.

Latest posts