What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 v Storm

BxTom

Bench
Bloody hell some of our so called supporters can't wait to lay the boot in. We have lost 3 games this year every time with a very weakend lineup. The Storm beat us today fair and square but I see NO reason we can't match them if we are at full strength or close. Don't ever pick Naden again in FG but I for one am confident we will still give this competition a BIG SHAKE!! Go Panthers!!
Yep, we win a game and we are the GOAT, lose a game and we want to sack the team. I suggest that such people get a grip - on something other than what they are currently holding.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yep, we win a game and we are the GOAT, lose a game and we want to sack the team. I suggest that such people get a grip - on something other than what they are currently holding.

We did plenty of good things today. Had a few guys off

Girds89

Bench
A few times were there were players who were simply not instinctively backing up. That was the glaring issue for quite a few moments in the game.

With how much ball we had nath would have got us a few more tries.

Franklins talking about these half chances but the reality is that half the tries nath sets up we go in untouched because the defence has no idea whose getting the ball.

Franklin would be the only person who watches nrl to think cleary doesnt make a difference.

hindy111

Post Whore
Its such a shame that Nathan Cleary won't make any difference. We just have to concede that our attack and defence are both shit now and we're making up the numbers.

Right @franklin2323 ? No way Nathan improves us.

I think of myself as a bit of a master analyst in rugby league. And this is how I seen the game.

Two bombs not contested cracked game open early. Ended the contest and made it 16-0. That is 10 points that never should of been scored.

Twice Penrith where held up by miraculous tackles. Less then half a centimetre in it. And an overlap created and try gone begging when R.Jennings over ran pass a little. A potential 18 points right there.

They made in roads. Storm ran for 50 more meters but Panthers had 80 more PCMS. And that is without Too,JFH and YEO.

If I had to name your 5 best players it would be Cleary,Yeo,Too,KFH,Korisau. None played. TPJ will add a lot also. And May still make the 17.

Storm had G.Jennings, Tui Kumamach, Nelson Solomona out. But the only one who adds much is Nelson from that list.

Take Ado Carr,Munster,Welch,B.Smith,Kafusi out and put in your 7 missing guys and what do you feel happens?

I didn't think Penrith did to bad. A few very poor end of set kicks that lead to 7 tackle sets cost them.

Sorenson btw impressed me.

Moving forward if had all players fit id rather Jennings or Naden the Staines.
Charlie made 15 mtrs tonight. That's embarrasing tbh. He just isn't physical enough for an NRL winger. It's fullback or nothing imo.

hindy111

Post Whore

Franklins talking about these half chances but the reality is that half the tries nath sets up we go in untouched because the defence has no idea whose getting the ball.

Franklin would be the only person who watches nrl to think cleary doesnt make a difference.

Nathan would of helped tire them out and made it harder to get out of their own end. Just like when Eels haven't got Moses. A good kicking game will give you 20mtrs every set. So the opposition will end up on their own 40mtr line and put a defensive kick rather then being on your 40mtr line and having an attacking one.
Also less 7 tackle sets and more chances of repeat sets. The play making itself isn't what gets you the trys. It's the field position and possesion.

hindy111

Post Whore
I think Charlie won’t want to pick up any serious injury that might out him for a few weeks or more. I think if Taylan May gets a crack in Charlie’s spot for any length of time I don't see Charlie getting his spot back.

Staines offers nothing but speed if open space which in NRL is rare. Unless he develops into a gun fullback he won't last in the NRL on the wing. Has no balls tbh. A flea. These guys went out of fashion in the late 90s.
Naden or Jennings are better options. I haven't seen young May. But having another winger who can run 100mtrs along with Toos 200mtrs means your forwards have more energy.

hindy111

Post Whore
I watched the nine coverage and anyone who says Gus is still not in panthers corner who be left innno doubt he is very biased towards us it was good to see

He said these are 2 of the greatest sides in History. Melbourne certainly are. But let's not kid ourself. Penrith have done f**k all yet. Plenty of sides have made the top 4 a few seasons running and lost a grand final. The guy is sickening to listen to.

hindy111

Post Whore
My gripe with origin is it ruins so many clubs games when you have to watch sides missing all their stars. It becomes 2nd rate footy.
On top of that we've seen two side lose their halfback and ruin their finishing positions. Play at end of year.

franklin2323

Immortal
Mate luai and burton were poor. No two ways about it.

Both out played Munster.

Jennings 3 errors all in attacking position
Staines 2. Atleast one was the into touch off the scrum.
I think all of Edwards 3 was coming off the line so rule him out.
Crichton also had that pass to Staines knocked down.

Stuff like that is a different game if those chances get taken. They ran the ball at times.

I know you aren't much for stats but they aren't too bad

Luai 8 runs is close to his usual output.

Had 14 attacking kicks. 1 went dead. 2 got a repeat set. Also a decent kick to give the scrum when Staines went into touch

Of the 3 line breaks we made. 2 came from the halves.

Halves were decent enough. Pack was pretty good too.. Outside backs were horrible

franklin2323

Immortal

You forget the 2 key guys that get involved before he gets it. Api and Yeo are back next week we will score atleast 30

martielang

Bench
Capewell leaves a lot to be desired. Misses a lot of tackles , ineffective carries , but the experts on here don't criticise him?

Good call, he was definitely MIA the last couple of weeks. Origin hangover potentially?

For all the criticism Kiks gets, he’s certainly having a real crack at the moment.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Both out played Munster.

Jennings 3 errors all in attacking position
Staines 2. Atleast one was the into touch off the scrum.
I think all of Edwards 3 was coming off the line so rule him out.
Crichton also had that pass to Staines knocked down.

Stuff like that is a different game if those chances get taken. They ran the ball at times.

I know you aren't much for stats but they aren't too bad

Luai 8 runs is close to his usual output.

Had 14 attacking kicks. 1 went dead. 2 got a repeat set. Also a decent kick to give the scrum when Staines went into touch

Of the 3 line breaks we made. 2 came from the halves.

Halves were decent enough. Pack was pretty good too.. Outside backs were horrible
Luai needed to triple his usual output not kinda match it. Never seen a player come back from dominating Origin a worse player before. Strange stuff

WestyLife

First Grade
I'm done with the Staines discussion. He had a bad game but there's simply too much bias because he replaced mansour and isn't a battering ram. Both him and Crichton don't go looking for work enough though. A good coach would correct that.

Hopgood looked like the best on field for Panthers. I would like to see him get a more permanent spot in the rotation if at all possible.

If Nathan plays and is fit we come close to winning that even without the other outs at the moment.

Latest posts