What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 vs Eels

Gareth67

First Grade
This bloke has taken all the joy from me now - there’s just nothing remaining. I used to get a slight thrill each time I heard the St.George Illawarra Dragons mentioned, but now there’s just nothing ,no nothing anymore .

As a direct result of Mary’s lack of footy knowledge he has drained everything from the team other than the jersey itself . The skill , the teamwork and the pride of playing in the Big Red V - it’s all gone down the drain thanks to this bloke and the absolute stubborn people who continued to extend his contract . Just an unbelievable situation that the Dragons find the themselves in , who would had thought that we would ever be in this position.

We have a good pack of forwards but a dud coach.

Straight Shooter
I always thought our forwards were in the top 4 in the comp but they have been crucified by McGregor.
There seems to be no succession plan.
Host, Timm, Kerr, Ford, Robson all overlooked for Latimore and Kaufusi.
Huge deal made out of JDB's absence as if that justifies equal second last on the table.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
This bloke has taken all the joy from me now - there’s just nothing remaining. I used to get a slight thrill each time I heard the St.George Illawarra Dragons mentioned, but now there’s just nothing ,no nothing anymore .

As a direct result of Mary’s lack of footy knowledge he has drained everything from the team other than the jersey itself . The skill , the teamwork and the pride of playing in the Big Red V - it’s all gone down the drain thanks to this bloke and the absolute stubborn people who continued to extend his contract . Just an unbelievable situation that the Dragons find the themselves in , who would had thought that we would ever be in this position.

Precisely, Gareth67.

I watched the game but held back from commenting through it.
This is my first post since the before the game.

When WIN ( Gordon) took control of our club, l, like everyone else, thought better days were on their way.
Well, we got the opposite.

We have never been so bad.
We have never had such a poor coach.
Our future has never looked so bleak ( still the balance of McGregors' extension to go ).
We have so many ex player foot soldiers in place at the club, who obviously have no idea how to do their job, otherwise, we would not be in the situation we're in................. simple.

Bruce Gordon, you need to get serious or get out!

Clearly Mary an issue but geez we need some new players. With Gaz going we need a fullback, a quality centre and some impact forwards. Very depressing end to the season
Only thing to play for now is to avoid the spoon[/QUOTE Play leilua in the centers ffs
play leilua in the centres ffs

Last edited:
Precisely, Gareth67.

I watched the game but held back from commenting through it.
This is my first post since the before the game.

When WIN ( Gordon) took control of our club, l, like everyone else, thought better days were on their way.
Well, we got the opposite.

We have never been so bad.
We have never had such a poor coach.
Our future has never looked so bleak ( still the balance of McGregors' extension to go ).
We have so many ex player foot soldiers in place at the club, who obviously have no idea how to do their job, otherwise, we would not be in the situation we're in................. simple.

Bruce Gordon, you need to get serious or get out!
He’s a senile old billionaire that lives in Bermuda how does that fill anyone with optimism

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I always thought our forwards were in the top 4 in the comp but they have been crucified by McGregor.
There seems to be no succession plan.
Host, Timm, Kerr, Ford, Robson all overlooked for Latimore and Kaufusi.
Huge deal made out of JDB's absence as if that justifies equal second last on the table.

But hey, DP........................ Forget that we have half the team as Origin players, we really are just a one man team ( JDB ) so lets all cut Mary some slack, right?

SEAT 1A

Bench

Same here Gareth. The coach and the merry men has drained me.

Cheer up though, I walked into to work this morning and one of the punters had a few to many last night and spewed their guts out, stank to high heaven.

This is a new low, the coach has now given me the same feeling.

Gareth67

First Grade
Same here Gareth. The coach and the merry men has drained me.

Cheer up though, I walked into to work this morning and one of the punters had a few to many last night and spewed their guts out, stank to high heaven.

This is a new low, the coach has now given me the same feeling.

I hope that you gave the sod a mop and bucket ! And on a Sunday morning as well - dock him his triple time , that will teach him some manners . :laughing:

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Bye Saints...

Im over it. This is not the club I followed for decades. Shame on the board, the blame starts and stops there.
Yes my friend share your pain .....besides the obvious " McGregor"....theres something thats really rotten about this whole set up atm ..from the board room to the dressing room to the training paddock to out in the middle on game day....in over 60 years I can honestly say this is as bad as it gets

Como Connection

First Grade
Yes my friend share your pain .....besides the obvious " McGregor"....theres something thats really rotten about this whole set up atm ..from the board room to the dressing room to the training paddock to out in the middle on game day....in over 60 years I can honestly say this is as bad as it gets
Agree, I'm now at the stage that I cannot be bothered to submit a post.
CC

Old Timer

Coach
Every chance next year will make this year look reasonable
As the great Al Jolson once said
“You ain’t seen nothing yet”

getsmarty

Immortal
Desperate Dragons punished by Parramatta in fifth straight defeat
NRL Premiership
a99fcc178665481b17ee821470842723

Maika Sivo of the Eels makes a break as he barges past Ben HuntSource: Getty Images
St George Illawarra have slumped to a piece of unwanted club history after a dour 12-4 NRL loss to Parramatta.
Both sides were wasteful with the ball and failed to impress on Sunday, but the Dragons were again under the pump after slumping to a 6-13 record for the year. It equalled the club’s record for least wins in a season through 19 rounds set in 2013 and killed off whatever small hope they had of playing finals football. The Eels built up a 10-0 lead at halftime thanks to tries to Maika Sivo and Dylan Brown and it proved too much for the home side.

MATCH CENTRE: Dragons vs Eels

It is the Dragons’ fifth defeat in a row and they have lost 11 of their past 13 to be in 14th despite their star-studded roster.

The home side clawed back into the match when Gareth Widdop flew high to knock back the ball and Mikaele Ravalawa - an 11th-hour call-up for Zac Lomax (hamstring) - crossed in the corner to make it 10-4 seven minutes after halftime.

But the Eels held on despite not scoring a try in the second half to remain in sixth spot.

The Eels were brave in defence with Brown and Manu Ma’u both pulling off desperate try savers on Tyson Frizell and Ravalawa respectively. At one point, the Dragons had four sets of six attacking the Eels’ line but it was defused when Michael Jennings took an intercept to get his team out of trouble.

Despite having 31 tackles in the Eels’ red zone - compared to Parramatta’s 22 - the Dragons could manage just one try for the afternoon.

741342_640x360_large_20190804181153.jpg

Injured Vaughan's epic tackle

1:13
Dragons forward Paul Vaughan will come under match review committee (MRC) scrutiny after being penalised for a crusher tackle on Kane Evans and put on report for another on Brown.

The NSW Origin prop showed plenty of heart when he attempted to make a tackle on Clint Gutherson despite having a dislocated finger on his right hand, but he was penalised for his troubles, allowing Mitchell Moses to boot a penalty goal to seal the win.

Dragons centre Euan Aitken (crusher tackle) and Parramatta’s Manu Ma’u (high tackle) and Kane Evans (high tackle) will also be looked at by the MRC.

PARRAMATTA 12 (D Brown M Sivo tries M Moses 2 goals) bt ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA 4 (M Ravalawa try) at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium. Referee: Ashley Klein, Todd Smith. Crowd: 9,645.

Follow all the action in our live blog below. If you can’t see it, click here.

St George Illawarra Dragons
VOTE
VS
Parramatta

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/341af678692dd5030bcf2eaea6ca20cc

getsmarty

Immortal
‘Fail Mary’, ‘Step Down McGregor’: Dragons fans turn on coach
Dragons
simon_brunsdon.jpg

c8e9c79ed7dec5bf68b8d1b68dba4640

Dragons fans on the hill at Kogarah.Source: Getty Images
St George Illawarra’s fans and members have turned on coach Paul McGregor.

During Sunday’s Round 20 clash with Parramatta at Kogarah, a number of signs could be seen in the crowd on the hill, calling for McGregor to be sacked.

The signs read, ‘Fail Mary’ and ‘Step Down McGregor’.

The Red V were tipped to give the NRL premiership a shake in 2019 but have so far failed to reach the heights expected.

They won’t play a part in the finals series. They’ve played just three finals games since 2011.

McGregor took the reins of the club mid-season in 2014 when his predecessor, Steve Price, failed in the job.

Since then the team has finished 11th, 8th, 11th, 9th, and last year 7th. In 2018 they made it to the second week of finals.

McGregor was handed a contract extension in April which doesn’t expire until the end of the 2021 season.

But it appears a section of the club’s fanbase is keen to show the coach the door much sooner than that.

5b950fc27d28dd381b4f5f1c58177437

Dragons fans show their feelings at Kogarah.Source: Getty Images
The @NRL_Dragons fans have had enough of poor coaching and incompetent management. @MCarayannis @TripleM_NRL @BuzzRothfield #failmary pic.twitter.com/c2GZEDlcnj

— Steve Trudgett (@STrudge06) August 4, 2019
Well done @rvpredv #StepDownMcGregor #FailMary #RedV @wwos @FOXNRL pic.twitter.com/zPm8QEkr8M

— Peter Trad (@saintredsfc) August 4, 2019

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...h/news-story/a11028da166bb453d79fd0c403f987bf

Latest posts