What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 vs Storm

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I like how we have a whole backline of Steelers juniors..

Gotta love that..

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Dean Young Coaching record:

On field wins: 1
Off field wins: 0

be55

Juniors
So the final round of the season is " Red V Member Appreciation Week "...how lovely that the club has dedicated this round to show us how much our support means to them...don't worry that the club has turned our brand "St George Illawarra Dragons" into the shitshow that it has become, and don't worry that our players, at times, play with no heart and no pride in the jersey. Don't worry about all that because we are giving you "Red V Member Appreciation Week"...

I say to the club, forget about your fan appreciation week, and get our club in order before you burn the whole place to the ground with your pathetic infighting and your total lack of standards at all levels of the organisation

Fan Appreciation Week...what a f*#king joke :mad:

BLM01

First Grade
I think Fritz deserves not to be dropped he puts in 100 % every week
I suspect knights will get more out of him than we have
Very poor coaching and game plan at least
Last few years just a battering ram and pretty useless in attack for us
I don’t know why he always cut back in centre where other forwards deal with him easily . Blind Freddy can see that so why can’t peanut and co or even Fritz himself understand this ?
Last few weeks he has ran wider and been a bit more effective
He has to take some responsibility for this too

also no one to replace him with anyway
Better coaching and game plan would have been better and will be missed in the end I suspect

as for Turnstile he should have been dropped like Lafai months ago
He might try hard but not a NRL level centre, EVER
A local junior , so what
Can’t defend , can’t pass
These are things he and coaching staff needed to correct , never happened
Again any decent or high level player needs to have some insight to keep improving their game
Nothing from him though

Agree with your post mostly...

But people blaming the players saying they dont deserve to say goodbye to the fans is ridiculous and your are not thinking of what kids / members are at the ground that may of idolised these players and would want to say goodbye.
Sowie deserved it too if not injured.
Why are they not dropping Benji for his last game...not in the same league I know but same principle

Friz and Aitken love em or hate them have put in on the field..that i am confident with.
Debuting a player in the last round against a depleted side adds nothing. Hook will have plenty opportunity next year in trials etc
By the way to those bagging Frizz and Aitken...I agree their form might be down but there was nothing stopping the coaches from not picking them...was there..so why are they to blame

I'm Hornby

Juniors
A bit too little too late for some of these changes but I hope our debutants go well and it will be nice to see some blokes playing like they want to be there!

Big test for Clune this week to show us and more importantly Hook, that he has what it takes to lead the team around.

Dragon David

First Grade
Take a good look at the two team lists.
I have no doubt in my mind that Storm will win and will win very very comfortably.
At least it won't be Storm 70, Dragons 0 but yes, a comfortable win nonetheless by the Storm.
I'd like to see our youngsters score a few exciting tries though to end the year and then look forward to seeing them in the trials and the comp next year.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Gotta love you getting something so wrong.
What’s incorrect?

Did they not come through the Steelers system?

Interesting how it has got the usual suspects knickers in a twist, wouldn’t you say?
Dufty Penshurst
Feagai Leeton
Aitken who cares
Lomax Temora
Ramsey Central West
Clune Junee
Sullivan Illawarra

Never let the truth get in the way of a self serving story:)
Have a look again their names in the Steelers junior teams over the past few years.

Then come back and apologise.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
You never like to let an opportunity to " stir the pot " pass you by...do you mate.....
I’m merely celebrating the fact that we have some talented local juniors seeing first grade..

It’s great to see..

How many other clubs can lay claim to having a whole backline of junior talent?

The whole selling point of the JV was combining St George’s (ancient) history, Illawarra’s (talented) juniors.. Was it not?

Old Timer

Coach
What’s incorrect?

Did they not come through the Steelers system?

Interesting how it has got the usual suspects knickers in a twist, wouldn’t you say?

Have a look again their names in the Steelers junior teams over the past few years.

Then come back and apologise.
Dufty played his junior football for Penshurst and was then signed by StGI so how does that make him part of the Steelers junior system?

The fact that he didn’t make the NRL side and played for the Cutters in the 2nd tier comp does not mean he is part of the Illawarra juniors system.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Dufty played his junior football for Penshurst and was then signed by StGI so how does that make him part of the Steelers junior system?

The fact that he didn’t make the NRL side and played for the Cutters in the 2nd tier comp does not mean he is part of the Illawarra juniors system.
So, if we take Dufty’s Illawarra development out of your equation, we have 86% of the first backline coming though the Steelers junior* system.

That’s awesome! A successful achievement! Who else has achieved that?

And I guess given most folk seem to want to sack Dufty (despite him leading our try assists and being one of our top try scorers) he must have failed..

*whats your juniors age cut off? 19? 18?

Old Timer

Coach
So, if we take Dufty’s Illawarra development out of your equation, we have 86% of the first backline coming though the Steelers junior* system.

That’s awesome! A successful achievement! Who else has achieved that?

And I guess given most folk seem to want to sack Dufty (despite him leading our try assists and being one of our top try scorers) he must have failed..

*whats your juniors age cut off? 19? 18?
Don’t deviate just focus on your original statement and in light of the facts about Dufty was your statement correct or incorrect?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Don’t deviate just focus on your original statement and in light of the facts about Dufty was your statement correct or incorrect?
I stand by my statement..

The whole first grade backline has come via the Steelers junior system.. A core part of our JV.

That’s awesome!

It’s a terrific positive in a shit season, and a real shining light for the future..

Even grumpy old you should be able to celebrate something like this..

be55

Juniors
I’m merely celebrating the fact that we have some talented local juniors seeing first grade..

It’s great to see..

How many other clubs can lay claim to having a whole backline of junior talent?

The whole selling point of the JV was combining St George’s (ancient) history, Illawarra’s (talented) juniors.. Was it not?
I wasn't having a go at you, i was just pointing out something that is pretty obvious about you "stirring the pot" when you get the chance...It was more of a joke than anything...you should lighten up a bit...

I personally couldn't care less where players came from as long as they perform when playing for our team...If they where born on Mars it wouldn't make a difference to me...but that's me...

i don't see the world through St George eyes or ILLAWARRA eyes like some people muzby..
I'm a Dragons fan...it's that simple...

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I wasn't having a go at you, i was just pointing out something that is pretty obvious about you "stirring the pot" when you get the chance...It was more of a joke than anything...you should lighten up a bit...

I personally couldn't care less where players came from as long as they perform when playing for our team...If they where born on Mars it wouldn't make a difference to me...but that's me...

i don't see the world through St George eyes or ILLAWARRA eyes like some people muzby..
I'm a Dragons fan...it's that simple...
I appreciate your impartialness as I am also a JV supporter & hope to see your same judicial approach when we see the boring old “Bring back St George” tripe that appears every 3 weeks or so..

Old Timer

Coach
I stand by my statement..

The whole first grade backline has come via the Steelers junior system.. A core part of our JV.

That’s awesome!

It’s a terrific positive in a shit season, and a real shining light for the future..

Even grumpy old you should be able to celebrate something like this..
And exactly which junior side did Dufty play for in the Illawarra?

Latest posts