What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 - Eels vs Rabbitohs: Friday 6th August 8:05pm @Cbus Super Stadium

southsport

First Grade
19 Man Squad

1. Latrell Mitchell
  2. Josh Mansour
  3. Dane Gagai
  4. Taane Milne
  5. Jaxson Paulo
  6. Cody Walker
  7. Adam Reynolds (c)
  8. Mark Nicholls
  9. Damien Cook
  10. Thomas Burgess
  11. Keaon Koloamatangi
  12. Jai Arrow
  13. Cameron Murray
    Interchange
  14. Benji Marshall
  15. Jacob Host
  16. Junior Tatola
  17. Jaydn Su'A
  18. Braidon Burns
  19. Davvy Moale

callmack1

Staff member
Here we are and here we go! It's game day once again!! I haven't been able to say this for a number of weeks but it really is a big game tonight. A top four clash against the Eels. Our first big game since we last played them in Round 12 and our first real challenge in eight weeks so tonight is huge.

As I said, I think the Eels will be a really big challenge tonight and we are certainly in for a tough game. Parra have had a really poor couple of weeks, I know and recently, we've always seemed to have their measure but that means absolutely nothing tonight. They get Moses back and I just have a feeling they're going to return to form tonight and really test us. On their day, they deserve to be in the top four and are capable of beating anyone so we must be on our game. There's strike power and rep quality players all over the park, everywhere you look. Gutherson, Sivo, Moses, Dylan Brown, Paulo, Matterson, Nathan Brown; The list just goes on and on. I think the key battles tonight will be in the forwards and another one will be out there on the wings which I'm sure they'll target.

For us, as I have said, this is not going to be easy at all. We've been cruising for a few weeks now but it's time to really ramp it up and turn up the heat. It's a step up in opposition so the boys have to step up. I don't want to see us go out there thinking "oh, Parra have had a rough couple weeks, it'll be the same tonight," because I feel it won't be. We can't take them lightly so I want to see us go out there with the right attitude for a top four clash. We get Cam, Benji and Junior back which will help lift us even more. Hopefully the attack can keep rolling and it seems I say this every week but I really want an improved defensive performance.

So fire up everyone!! Game day with a top four clash, it doesn't get much bigger!! Let's go!!

Rabbits20

Immortal

Well here we are it’s game day again and what a clash upcoming we have tonight. It doesn’t get too much bigger than this playing a fellow top 4 opponent in Parra will be a big test. Parra have had a couple of off weeks but they’re still a top quality team and they’ll be hurting over the last couple of weeks and will want to bounce back in a big way.

They get Moses back as well which is a massive boost for them. For us we get Junior, Benji and Murray back which are very big boosts. Still we are without Campbell and AJ so guys like Mansour, Paulo and Milne will need to step up tonight especially in regards to their defence. I believe they can get the job done out wide for us. This is our first massive clash in around 9 weeks so it’ll really show where we are it. Once again our focus needs to be on our defence and making sure we are not giving up soft tries. Stopping offloads will be key as well as Parra like to get offloads away and if we let that happen it spells danger. Our completion rate also needs to be high and our discipline on song. If we want to make the top 2 this is another game we simply have to win!

On another note could tonight be the night that Reyno creates history and becomes our leading point scorer of all time? When it does happen it will be a very proud and emotional moment. I will watch the game when I get home from work late tonight. I’ll be keeping an eye on the score and may see bits and pieces here and there.

SO RABBITOHS MEMBERS AND SUPPORTERS, EVERYONE ON YOUR FEET AT 8:04PM TONIGHT LETS GET RIGHT BEHIND THE BOYS AND GO AND GET THESE EELS!! WE CAN STILL MAKE LOADS OF NOISE AT HOME AS I AM SURE MANY WILL. LETS GET THE BOYS HOME GLORY GLORY LETS GO RABBITOHS!!!

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors

cerberus

Coach
Just on break at work I saw it, brought tears to my eyes!

I’ll watch it back when I get home.
im a wests supporter . i remember a game against .i think you played stgeorge in 73 ?
tom mooney scored in the corner in a deluge with the old heavy leather ball.
mud everywhere as it wasn't on the engineering marvel that is the modern football ground .
simms lined it up from the sideline and nailed it over the black dot .i don't think anyone else could have made that kick . souths won 5nil that day.
thats reynolds legacy now

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
im a wests supporter . i remember a game against .i think you played stgeorge in 73 ?
tom mooney scored in the corner in a deluge with the old heavy leather ball.
mud everywhere as it wasn't on the engineering marvel that is the modern football ground .
simms lined it up from the sideline and nailed it over the black dot .i don't think anyone else could have made that kick . souths won 5nil that day.
thats reynolds legacy now
Great post!