What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 - The Roosters

franklin2323

Immortal
And the loss wasn't against the Bulldogs or anything.

That is it we likely would of lost if full strength. Some people have crazy high expectations or don't fully get the disruption Origin causes. I know they would of expected some to play but To'o, Martin and even Api were unexpected as such we didn't blow sides off the park.
That said a few games mid season last year were ordinary too. So it is just part of a long season

martielang

Bench
I think it's a pretty big game for us confidence wise, not sure it's the game you blood two rookies regardless of whether you're a pussy or not. In saying that I'd have Tago in the 17 somewhere.

WestyLife

First Grade
I think it's a pretty big game for us confidence wise, not sure it's the game you blood two rookies regardless of whether you're a pussy or not. In saying that I'd have Tago in the 17 somewhere.

Tago at least looks ready. We were better last week for him being on against the storm. May would obviously be a big risk/reward approach.

franklin2323

Immortal
Tago at least looks ready. We were better last week for him being on against the storm. May would obviously be a big risk/reward approach.

Then what forward misses out? The forwards were good last week and with no stand outs for the backs I don't mind trying Capewell for a week here

WestyLife

First Grade
Then what forward misses out? The forwards were good last week and with no stand outs for the backs I don't mind trying Capewell for a week here

That's not really good reasoning to play a forward at centre. TPJ is taking the spot from a forward not a centre/winger.

franklin2323

Immortal
That's not really good reasoning to play a forward at centre. TPJ is taking the spot from a forward not a centre/winger.

Burton and Crichton will be the 1st choice centres...But what if one isn't available for a final? We have seen Tago, Seen Naden even seen Momo but do you play one of them over say Leinu or Sorensen?

Got to pick the best 17 in that situation.

WestyLife

First Grade
Burton and Crichton will be the 1st choice centres...But what if one isn't available for a final? We have seen Tago, Seen Naden even seen Momo but do you play one of them over say Leinu or Sorensen?

Got to pick the best 17 in that situation.

I'm not sure the best 17 is a second rower with iffy lateral movement after 20 minutes at centre.

franklin2323

Immortal
I'm not sure the best 17 is a second rower with iffy lateral movement after 20 minutes at centre.

Naden would be the best fit but we saw what he lacks. I like to look at a few options especially if we aren't weakening another position to try it

Smug Panther

First Grade
Trouble is we'll get away with it here and then Ivan thinks it's a legit option going forward.......the Melbourne boys would be licking their lips at the chance to expose this

WestyLife

First Grade
Naden would be the best fit but we saw what he lacks. I like to look at a few options especially if we aren't weakening another position to try it

I get it I just don't think a forward in the backline vs a team with Manu, Tedesco etc. Is a good idea. I agree our forwards were great vs storm.

franklin2323

Immortal
Trouble is we'll get away with it here and then Ivan thinks it's a legit option going forward.......the Melbourne boys would be licking their lips at the chance to expose this

They'd expose Tago too...It is what they do expose weaknesses and counter attack well

franklin2323

Immortal
I get it I just don't think a forward in the backline vs a team with Manu, Tedesco etc. Is a good idea. I agree our forwards were great vs storm.

Teddy is the best player in the comp. Manu is the best centre so I think which ever way we go it was always go to be a mis-match

The halves and the pack is the strength.. So we just bash them both sides of the ball and get the win.

TPJ's the top offloader in the comp despite missing several games. That is a big help that we don't have now get Staines running off those offloads.

age.s

First Grade
Manu is extremely dangerous. I won't be surprised if he plays 6 again and nullifies Luai/Burton. He did an outstanding job last time.
Manu's a gun but he was very poor against us (at 6) earlier in the year.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah but he has a bit of pace. Capewell would be totally picked apart

He wasn't in last years origin. If he was right centre he'd have Cleary inside him. This is the downside to no NSW Cup these other guys are just sitting around not getting game time

Latest posts