What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 v Bulldogs @ Pepper Stadium

roofromoz

First Grade
5 day turn around with the match being this Thursday night. Not surprisingly will start as raging favourites, which traditionally never sits well with Penrith.

The equation seems to be beat the Bulldogs and beat them well to keep pace with the Dragons, who will likely chalk up another win against Newcastle. More importantly their big win today has boosted their differential. Not only are they 2 points ahead, they have a +53 better differential too.

OldPanther

Coach
5 day turn around with the match being this Thursday night. Not surprisingly will start as raging favourites, which traditionally never sits well with Penrith.

The equation seems to be beat the Bulldogs and beat them well to keep pace with the Dragons, who will likely chalk up another win against Newcastle. More importantly their big win today has boosted their differential. Not only are they 2 points ahead, they have a +53 better differential too.

It's annoying how they are so good at losing the games they go into as favourites. The Dogs will have a point to prove after the last 2 games. I really hope Cleary has found his game. He is a really good game manager.

Still a danger game. Earlier this year, Dogs lost 36-0 to Manly. The following week they beat Brisbane 10-7. Then we smashed them 38-0, the following week they beat the Dragons 16-2. Just need to not come into this too overconfident and flamboyant with the ball and begin by building pressure and then let the rest come.

TheFrog

Coach
13+ as long as Griffin doesn't play Carty at 6 if Moylan is out
He's got 3 options really.
1. May to 6.
2. Cartwright to 6.
3. Wallace to 6, Rein to 9.

Option 3 would be tempting, allowing an additional defensive player into the middle. I'd be really tempted to go with option 3 for what is yet another must win game.

I think he will go with May, who did pretty well in Auckland.

OldPanther

Coach
1. May to 6.
2. Cartwright to 6.

Option 3 would be tempting, allowing an additional defensive player into the middle. I'd be really tempted to go with option 3 for what is yet another must win game.

I'd be happy with 1 or 3 with no Moylan. Hopefully he comes good though and it's not an issue. Cleary seems to be slowly building to his potential and we are attacking better now. After watching the Titans game again I'm fairly confident about the Dogs. Their big pack won't handle our kicking game very well I think.

1. May to 6.
2. Cartwright to 6.

yeah i think he'll go 3 for the experience

betcats

Referee
If Moylan isn't fit just bring May in and leave Wallace at Hooker imo.

Will be interesting to see what they do with Carty this week.

mxlegend99

Referee
If Moylan is out just bring May back in. Cleary worked well with him.

JFH and Carty to share lock. Probably better off starting JFH and bringing Carty on later. Perfect way to accomodate them both despite having 80 minute second rowers starting.

Merrins injury is a blessing in disguise. Lets us use Carty and JFH at lock. Then hopefully Mez comes in and plays front row pushing Browne out of the team.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
We should win this by a heap, but dogs as bad as they are can spring a surprise..

Carty to hopefully come off the bench for JFH, and May to slot in to 6 if Moylan is a non starter. But i think he will be.

kinghippo

Juniors
We should win this by a heap, but dogs as bad as they are can spring a surprise..
We will need to get the errors out of game before we beat anyone by a heap.
The dogs will not go away quietly but if our attack continues to improve we should do it reasonably comfortably.

franklin2323

Immortal
If Moylan isn't fit just bring May in and leave Wallace at Hooker imo.

Will be interesting to see what they do with Carty this week.

Carty will play. I think Lock he was so much better defensively playing there. Though depends if Whare is back too.

We have like 12 days between this and Tigers game. So no point risking Moylan

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
8. Tamou
9. Wallace
10. Merrin
11. CHN
12. Yeo
13. Cartwright

14. RCG
15. JFH
16. Latu
17. Peachey (when Whare returns)/Kikau/Browne/Leota/whoever is playing the best or whoever best suits the opposition

That should be our go to lineup injuries notwithstanding.

Fangs

Coach
I personally wouldn't risk Moylan with the short turnaround. Shove whoever at 5/8, they just need to stay out of Cleary's way. Probably May.

And you'd want to be confident in Cartwright's fitness if he was to start the game. Would prefer him comming off the bench rather than having him start against the Dogs pack.

betcats

Referee
8. Tamou
9. Wallace
10. Merrin
11. CHN
12. Yeo
13. Cartwright

14. RCG
15. JFH
16. Latu
17. Peachey (when Whare returns)/Kikau/Browne/Leota/whoever is playing the best or whoever best suits the opposition

That should be our go to lineup injuries notwithstanding.

That bench is amazing, bringing any two of those guys on after 20-25 mins will really change things up for us and should have a big impact. RCG came on and played 60 minutes straight I believe so we are getting a better impact out of him a long with more minutes. Fish is all energy and aggression and Latu and Peach both offer some different skills other than size and strength like the other two,

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I personally wouldn't risk Moylan with the short turnaround. Shove whoever at 5/8, they just need to stay out of Cleary's way. Probably May.

And you'd want to be confident in Cartwright's fitness if he was to start the game. Would prefer him comming off the bench rather than having him start against the Dogs pack.

Yeah, I wouldn't start Cartwright this week either; my line up was for a perfect world where we don't have injuries.

GongPanther

Referee
Bulldogs player Josh Reynolds to face court over alleged drunken Northies incident
Rachel Olding
3 minutes
Canterbury Bulldogs player Josh Reynolds will front court after a boozy night out ended with him allegedly abusing a female manager and failing to leave a licensed premises.

The five-eighth, who is set to join the Wests Tigers on a $3 million contract, was allegedly kicked out of Northies Cronulla Hotel at 11.30pm on Friday because, police said, he was intoxicated.

He allegedly verbally abused several security guards who told him to leave and continued his tirade once outside the club.

Reynolds had been in the club for only about 15 minutes when a female security manager approached him at the front bar and asked him to leave because he was too drunk, a man who saw the incident said.

"She asked him to leave, he started swearing and carrying on and saying 'You just want to f--- me,' " the witness, who asked for his name to be withheld, said.

"She asked him again and he was saying, 'Who the f--- are you?' Then a security guy went in and [Reynolds] told him the same. Then another guard had a go too."

The witness said Reynolds was with a group of seven or eight people including NRL players and their girlfriends.

He said the others in the group were extremely well-behaved and were trying to help remove Reynolds.

"The women with the players had all walked off beforehand and they were all cursing on the way out of the door saying: 'He does this all the time,' " he said.

The man said that, once outside, Reynolds allegedly tried to start a fight with another security guard. When one of his friends sided with the security guard, Reynolds called him "a dog".

"The other players all got in between [the guard and Reynolds] and ushered him up the road to Sting Bar," he said.

Licensing police were called and found Reynolds in Sting Bar.

They later seized CCTV from Northies and took statements from several employees.

It's understood Reynolds will be issued with a court attendance notice on Monday for failing to quit a licensed premises.

"It will be alleged a 28-year-old man was asked to leave the venue due to his level of intoxication," a police statement said.

"After a verbal altercation with security, the man left the scene.

"Officers attached to Miranda Local Area Command attended and spoke to the man. Inquiries are continuing".

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...runken-northies-incident-20170724-gxhgb8.html

Poor Reynolds,must have lost a few bob on the slappers.Guess there is no chance in dropping him.

1. May to 6.
2. Cartwright to 6.

Do we need the extra defence vs the dogs though?

Given their recent combination I'd have to go with May.