What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 v Panthers @ DFS

goosie

Juniors
Lewis all set to face Cowboys

• Print
  • - Font
  • + Font
  • RSS

Ian McCullough AAP Fri, Jul 29, 2011 - 1:08 PM

Penrith caretaker coach Steve Georgallis is confident Luke Lewis will be fit to take on North Queensland in Saturday's NRL clash at Dairy Farmers Stadium.
The NSW utility missed the Panthers' clash with Manly last week due to a shoulder injury but travelled with the squad to Townsville on Friday morning.
"Unless something happens at training tonight when we arrive in Townsville, then he will be in the team," Georgallis said.
"He has had a fitness test and he will have another one when we get up there. It is a really important game for us and he doesn't want to miss it."
The Panthers sit just outside the finals spots in ninth place on the ladder but have won three of their past four encounters at the home of the Cowboys.
Georgallis admits his side face a tough proposition against Neil Henry's side with in-form fullback Lachlan Coote out with an ankle injury and Burns sidelined with a broken hand.
"It's definitely going to be very hard to win without those two players. Travis Burns is probably the heart and soul of the team defensively and has been coming into his own recently," he said.
"Lachlan was coming into some great form and we're going to miss him out of the back, but David Simmons is playing some great football and can make sure we don't miss much at fullback."

Didgi

Ogre played really well, his offload to Bowen was brilliant. As were both Sims and Segeyaro.

goosie

Juniors
good win for you guys we not having much luck with injuries this year which is killing us!! but thats football hey. Hope you guys go on to win the premiership this year i am tipping you guys or warriors to take it out this year ;)

Charlie124

First Grade
Who are you refering to there Evo? i cant think of any notable absences from our team lately...

EvolutionUber

Juniors
7 out of our 25 according to league live iPhone app, which includes Thurston. It's annoying when people cry players out we've had a heap of players out this year.

Talanexor

Juniors
We've had as many injuries as anyone else, but fortunately our depth players have stepped up. I was mighty nervous when we has Tupou and Jones in the centres or when we played with Scott and Tamou both missing.

A lot of teams would have crumpled and used injury as an excuse. We didn't - and that's why we're third on the ladder.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Loved the trip up to Townsville yet again. Stayed from Friday till yesterday, looking at making it an annual trip now!

The bus ride back to the city with the Cowboys fans was the highlight.

EvolutionUber

Juniors
Maybe you should ****head panthers by 13 lol no enjoy no finals footy. Now **** off back to penrith and don't talk shit about me.

goosie

Juniors
panthers at fullstrength v cowgurls at fullstrength haha cows no chance buddy now eat a dick and stop speaking shit .

goosie

Juniors
still 5 games remaining we can still make the finals if we are good enough you genius lol like i said lay off the crack do yourself and everybody else a favour.

EvolutionUber

Juniors
Not that easy there are 2 very different cowboy teams and 2 very different penthers teams, yet again you must be offensive.

EvolutionUber

Juniors
Yeah a chance panthers could but they do have a fair few tough games with storm, tigers, warriors, raiders, and dragons being 4 points behind knights and tigers it'll be a tough task. Penrith would almost have to go undefeated.

EvolutionUber

Juniors
What did I say that was stupid? That cowboys have had as many injurys yet we don't complain? Then you just got offensive. If you want discussion I could sit here for hours and have a good footy talk but when stuff gets offensive I get annoyed.

Didgi

Normally I wouldn't advise feeding the trolls, but this one's particularly stupid/entertaining.