What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 v Raiders

Mojo

Bench
Forbes, respect your opinion, but we have to move from Dufty and Norman now. Sloan has payed 3 games at #1 for 3 try's. Corey Norman, to put it as simply as possible, is a disgrace. So many good players have donned the Big Red V jersey who would be wincing every time he has to make a tackle. It is a terrible accusation to label at a player; but he is gutless.

I am supported of Griffin, but the continual selection of Norman is starting to worry me regarding his judgement. Norman will not be with us next year, we are unlikely to win more then another game or so, we have juniors who desperately need continual 1st grade exposure, so why pick a washed up hack like Norman?

The other issue that raised my attention was reading during the week how Griffin had offered Dufty as a loan player to the Warriors and Chooks; and they both said no. There is something about Dufty that we are not being told. Simply put, other teams do not rate him, hence his inability to get a decent contract anywhere else. Seems others know more about Dufty then we do.
It’s exciting to see a player like Dufty when he hits the accelerator (reminds me of Slippery Morris - not that I’d ever suggest they are comparable). I think his blow-up at Periera might have been a window into what isn‘t appreciated. Shame, because he seems to be a good bloke and a genuine Dragon, but seems prone to brain-snaps.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Forbes, respect your opinion, but we have to move from Dufty and Norman now. Sloan has payed 3 games at #1 for 3 try's. Corey Norman, to put it as simply as possible, is a disgrace. So many good players have donned the Big Red V jersey who would be wincing every time he has to make a tackle. It is a terrible accusation to label at a player; but he is gutless.

I am supported of Griffin, but the continual selection of Norman is starting to worry me regarding his judgement. Norman will not be with us next year, we are unlikely to win more then another game or so, we have juniors who desperately need continual 1st grade exposure, so why pick a washed up hack like Norman?

The other issue that raised my attention was reading during the week how Griffin had offered Dufty as a loan player to the Warriors and Chooks; and they both said no. There is something about Dufty that we are not being told. Simply put, other teams do not rate him, hence his inability to get a decent contract anywhere else. Seems others know more about Dufty then we do.
Yes this may well be the case I don't know the inner workings of the team or what goes on behind the scenes. I just feel like Dufty would suit the Raiders. While I'm very excited about the future in particular Sloan I just feel that the core of the side that won us our early games is the best bet of beating the Raiders.
Against the Rabbits Sullivan missed 9 tackles (Although it doesn't tell the full story as he made plenty and some of his "misses" were a tackle break which he had another go and finished it, or at least slowed them to be wrapped up by someone) Sloan missed 7 tackles.
Norman for all his haters of which I am very much one, actually played pretty well at centre all things considered. His stats were actually better than Feagai's and he made a lot of metres off the boot, with one monumental stuff up from a tight angle. I just believe he's a bigger body in the line, provides a good kicking game but does lack a bit of flair which is why I would pick Dufty to counter this. While I don't see him ever being the complete package I do feel at this stage of his career he offers a point of difference to the big, powerful but not overly fast outside backs I have picked.
In saying all this the additions of most of our forward pack back really helps if we decide to give the young guys another run and if Hook goes this way I will be more than excited. I do believe that of all of them Sloan will be most likely to get the nod and if he does I'm all for it. The fact Dufty wasn't 18th man even though Ramsey has as wrist injury says a lot to me.

thebigredv

First Grade
I'm so over the Dragons at the moment. They've broken me.

Sure we can return some players to the field next week but do we actually have trust and faith in them to actually turn it around? To me it still feels like as fans we purely hope, and now a decade on we are starving for success. We aren't just non-finalists again, we are the stragglers, bottom feeders.

Don't miss McGregor a single bit but it's just pain of another kind now courtesy of our playing group. Hold your head up Ben Hunt, a class above, keeps trying to make something of our efforts but has few allies. 2 years at least before we can come close to being near the top 4, best case scenario.

Whinge done. Like many others I will now fade off into distance for a while. I'll be watching when Corey Norman is named on Tuesday and we can do it all again.

BLM01

First Grade
I'm so over the Dragons at the moment. They've broken me.

Sure we can return some players to the field next week but do we actually have trust and faith in them to actually turn it around? To me it still feels like as fans we purely hope, and now a decade on we are starving for success. We aren't just non-finalists again, we are the stragglers, bottom feeders.

Don't miss McGregor a single bit but it's just pain of another kind now courtesy of our playing group. Hold your head up Ben Hunt, a class above, keeps trying to make something of our efforts but has few allies. 2 years at least before we can come close to being near the top 4, best case scenario.

Whinge done. Like many others I will now fade off into distance for a while. I'll be watching when Corey Norman is named on Tuesday and we can do it all again.
Look on the bright side
Not many clubs have had success we did 10-12 years ago and are even hungrier

jeffdragon

Bench
It’s exciting to see a player like Dufty when he hits the accelerator (reminds me of Slippery Morris - not that I’d ever suggest they are comparable). I think his blow-up at Periera might have been a window into what isn‘t appreciated. Shame, because he seems to be a good bloke and a genuine Dragon, but seems prone to brain-snaps.
Even gutherson abused opacic.

Dragon David

First Grade
I hope the boys spirits have not been dashed after their thrashing by the Bunnies. They tried their best given what Griffin could only field because of the suspensions but all won't be in vain as the younger ones will have gained more experience and with basically all of the troops returning we could jag maybe two wins out of the last games.

So it will be back to the drawing board and put all the experienced ones in the team against the Raiders for the fightback that will happen.

BIG RIG

Juniors
The thing about last nights game is the fact that I believe even if we did have majority of our first graders their I still reckon we would have conceded 50

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
The thing about last nights game is the fact that I believe even if we did have majority of our first graders their I still reckon we would have conceded 50
I would feel a lot better defending their lethal left edge with Lomax and Rava over Amone and Beale. Sure they would score some but they just scored 50 against probably the worst side to ever wear the the V. If we had the full crop and they had been building combos all year we’d go close to beating them imo.

matPORTS

Juniors
21 man extended squad for Friday:

1. Sloan
2. Feagai (Matt)
3. Bird
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa

6. Sullivan
7. B Hunt

8. Lawrie
9. McCullough
10. de Belin
11. Burns
12. Sims
13. McGuire

14. Amone
15. Faamausili
16. Kerr
17. J Hunt

18. Clune
19. Ford
20. Alvaro
21. Ramsay

NOTES:

Fuimaono will get another suspension (disappointing - he's got to hone in his aggression)

Truly believe the above (including Fuimanono) could relieve our form slump, build some form in the remaining rounds, and secure us a finals berth while also building for 2022

Sloan, Feagai, Burns, Faamausili, J Hunt - all should be selected for the rest of the year as long as no significant drops off in form or injury (go forward strategy to prep for 2022 - youth mixed with those experienced & still deserving)

Dufty is no more to be selected

Norman is no more to be selected

Beale is no more to be selected (thanks for your help - you haven't been too bad very much borderline though)

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
21 man extended squad for Friday:

1. Sloan
2. Feagai (Matt)
3. Bird
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa

6. Sullivan
7. B Hunt

8. Lawrie
9. McCullough
10. de Belin
11. Burns
12. Sims
13. McGuire

14. Amone
15. Faamausili
16. Kerr
17. J Hunt

18. Clune
19. Ford
20. Alvaro
21. Ramsay

NOTES:

Fuimaono will get another suspension (disappointing - he's got to hone in his aggression)

Truly believe the above (including Fuimanono) could relieve our form slump, build some form in the remaining rounds, and secure us a finals berth while also building for 2022

Sloan, Feagai, Burns, Faamausili, J Hunt - all should be selected for the rest of the year as long as no significant drops off in form or injury (go forward strategy to prep for 2022 - youth mixed with those experienced & still deserving)

Dufty is no more to be selected

Norman is no more to be selected

Beale is no more to be selected (thanks for your help - you haven't been too bad very much borderline though)
Can't argue with anything you have posted, particularly cutting the dead wood and persevering with the youngsters. We have nothing to lose and, who knows, we might even gain something.

BBTB

Juniors
I would feel a lot better defending their lethal left edge with Lomax and Rava over Amone and Beale. Sure they would score some but they just scored 50 against probably the worst side to ever wear the the V. If we had the full crop and they had been building combos all year we’d go close to beating them imo.
Amone,I thought had a huge game. He's more advanced than Sullivan & Slone.
A definite goer.But Beale is another matter.
Never had a real go. He's another one that should be let go.

RedVee

First Grade
How many more are available this week? 6,7 ?
The 4 from this week, the 2 non signers, and Rava. It that right?

Latest posts