What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 vs. the SCUM

dannyt

Coach
Some expected reluctance to start this thread, so I'll give it a go, working on the theory that things cannot get much worse.

We play the high flying sharks on their turf Saturday night at 7:30 pm. They got away with a gritty win last week against souths, and have shown what a team can do when they choose a coach who knows what they're doing, and some speedy outside backs. Will Griffin do a copy/paste, as usual, with the slowest backline in the game, or will he take a punt on giving Tyrell another shot? My pick is the former.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Sharks only just beat Souths whereas we beat Souths easily. Our hooker and halfback have played State of Origin, theirs have not. Their coach is a 1st year rookie whereas ours has many years experience. Sharks won't have Finucane whereas all our forwards are available.

Nevertheless I'm not expecting anything other than a Sharks win.

dannyt

Coach
Sharks only just beat Souths whereas we beat Souths easily. Our hooker and halfback have played State of Origin, theirs have not. Their coach is a 1st year rookie whereas ours has many years experience. Sharks won't have Finucane whereas all our forwards are available.

Everything you say is true, and I agree with your prediction. However, I thought the following may add some balance:

-Souths were without Latrell and had an atrocious start. We took advantage of our opportunities, and scored 32 unanswered points in the first half. Souths scored twice in the second half, while we scored nothing.
-Our hooker played origin many years ago, and this year has shown why he should retire. Interestingly enough, our halfback played hooker this year in SOO...
-Our coach is experienced, but he is also stubborn, ultra conservative, predictable, and boring. The rookie has shown how to coach in the 2020s, while the experienced coach seems to think it's still the early 2000s.
-Our forwards have struggled all year.

Dragon David

First Grade
Everything you say is true, and I agree with your prediction. However, I thought the following may add some balance:

-Souths were without Latrell and had an atrocious start. We took advantage of our opportunities, and scored 32 unanswered points in the first half. Souths scored twice in the second half, while we scored nothing.
-Our hooker played origin many years ago, and this year has shown why he should retire. Interestingly enough, our halfback played hooker this year in SOO...
-Our coach is experienced, but he is also stubborn, ultra conservative, predictable, and boring. The rookie has shown how to coach in the 2020s, while the experienced coach seems to think it's still the early 2000s.
-Our forwards have struggled all year.
Well said Danny and thanks for starting this thread up.

The Sharks are currently coming third on the ladder. They will not want to give up that top 4 place for anything, so sadly, I think they will wallop us and add to our woes. Their forwards and backs will dominate us and we will be "Shark" fodder.

To be honest, I cannot see us winning any more games this year. After the Sharks game we play the Raiders away and they definitely will want revenge for the way we beat them in Round 15 and cement a top 8 spot, we then play the Titans and you would expect that we would beat them seeing that they are currently coming last and they will play us on our home ground. In the only game we played against the Titans last year was in Round 18 and they beat us at home 32-10 so I'm thinking they will lift to beat us. We then play the improving Tigers at their home ground, under Brett Kimmorley who has been able to get the players playing with more confidence and structure than Maguire (his anger issues didn't win the players over) and this improvement will get them over the line and lastly we play the Broncos and as with the Sharks, the Broncos, will want to finish on a high and maybe finish in the all important top 4.

Well I have painted a dismal scenario for us and I'm sorry for doing it - some of you would agree and some won't but these are my opinions. Make of them as you want.

justadragon

Bench

When souths started playing in the second half we couldnt score a point, what should happen now is a total rebuild of the team to get the young guns playing, wont matter how we go, the season is over, and please dont feed me any of this mathematical possibility, I've heard for 10 years, get our players out of ressies and put them in there, for christ sake give us something different, as for the outcome of this match if the team stays the way it is, embarrassing , horrible and frustrating.

TruSaint

Referee
Sharks, Cowboys and Broncos biggest improvers this season . Two of those have new or near new coaches, have recruited well with a blend of experience, marquee and young guns just coming good.
Meanwhile back at the Dragons…..

Sharks = Hynes.
Cows = Townsend
Broncos = Reynolds

3 key signings that change the whole team.

All 3 coaches would be considered rookies ( granted Payten has some exp ).

We can't attract quality players or coaches, and depend on youth or burnt out / unwanted stock. This year is no different to the past 11, no matter what some say to justify the status quo.

hewi

Bench
If Bird is centre tomorrow and Sharon is on the bench that is the final confirmation for any doubters that he has to go. Agree above I don’t think we will win another game this year. No discipline, no pride, no structure, in fact no f##king idea.

denis preston

First Grade
If Bird is centre tomorrow and Sharon is on the bench that is the final confirmation for any doubters that he has to go. Agree above I don’t think we will win another game this year. No discipline, no pride, no structure, in fact no f##king idea.
Yes, if there is no changes then Craig Young should bring Hook into his office and ask why ??? Also in regard to AC's, who would take it on to be under Hook ? I know some here don't rate Flanagan but FFS just put him in the role for the rest of this year and next and get the best AC's money will buy.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Yes, if there is no changes then Craig Young should bring Hook into his office and ask why ??? Also in regard to AC's, who would take it on to be under Hook ? I know some here don't rate Flanagan but FFS just put him in the role for the rest of this year and next and get the best AC's money will buy.
Craig Young should call Hook into a meeting room and fire Hook then himself for being an imposter

Lovemedragons

Juniors
And the turtle Moga on the wing and Billy ‘arm grabbber’ Burns. How could you get to first grade and not be able to tackle?

Latest posts