What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 Eels v manly team list

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Team list up, 2 debuts:

1. Clinton Gutherson
2. Maika Sivo
3. Tom Opacic
4. Waqa Blake
5. Michael Oldfield
6.Dylan Brown
7. Mitchell Moses
8. Isaiah Papali'i
9. Joey Lussick
10. Junior Paulo
11. Shaun Lane
12. Ryan Matterson
13. Nathan Brown
14. Will Smith
15. Bryce Cartwright
16. Marata Niukore
17. Makahesi Makatoa
18. Ray Stone
19. Viliami Penisini
20. Haze Dunster
21. Jakob Arthur

Last edited:

golfer

Juniors
Team list up, 2 debuts:

1. Clinton Gutherson
2. Maika Sivo
3. Tom Opacic
4. Waqa Blake
5. Michael Oldfield
6.Dylan Brown
7. Mitchell Moses
8. Isaiah Papali'i
9. Joey Lussick
10. Junior Paulo
11. Shaun Lane
12. Ryan Matterson
13. Nathan Brown
14. Will Smith
15. Bryce Cartwright
16. Marata Niukore
17. Makahesi Makatoa
18. Ray Stone
19. Viliami Penisini
20. Haze Dunster
21. Jakob Arthur
Good to see Makatoa get a chance. I have seen all the lower grade games at Bankwest and this bloke has been our best forward.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I'm keen to know who is going to do all our defence in the middle now with the likes of Papali'i, Paulo, Niukore and the new guy on rotation. Tommy Turbo field day around the ruck I'm predicting.

why?

- Papa is pretty bloody fit and has been defending on an edge. Defending in the middle is easier. Plus he is more mobile then Kaufusi/RCG/Paulo

- while Lane / Marata have been a regular part of our middle rotation for most of the year

- lussick is a pretty solid defender like Mahoney. And he is bigger too.

84 Baby

Referee
You have Pensini,Russel and Dunster. All young with best years infront of them. We won't win comp and may as well prepare for 2022. So he choses a 30yld who has been nothing more then a journeymen with 31 games in his last 7yrs in the NRL.
That will do me
The current team attitude is f**ked at the moment. I’m glad we’re not playing those youngsters if it’s just for Gutho to tell them to stop being stupid f**ken merkins. He can say it all he wants to Oldfield but I’d hate for a promising youngsters development to go backwards because Gutho is getting frustrated he isn’t getting his dollars

Avenger

Immortal
The current team attitude is f**ked at the moment. I’m glad we’re not playing those youngsters if it’s just for Gutho to tell them to stop being stupid f**ken merkins. He can say it all he wants to Oldfield but I’d hate for a promising youngsters development to go backwards because Gutho is getting frustrated he isn’t getting his dollars
If Gutherson again allows his management to play out his contract negotiations in the media I’d pull our offer.

Eelogical

Referee
If Gutherson again allows his management to play out his contract negotiations in the media I’d pull our offer.
It's a fair point. I also think his time at fullback is almost done. He'd be far more valuable at centre or possibly in the halves if he stayed. I think the pressure of being captain is also telling.

King-Gutho94

Coach

Yep not worth the drama. If he cant keep his management in line everytime he is off contract whats the point. Club has gutho over a barrell this time back in 2019 there was a sense of desperation to keep him not anymore. Anyone demanding $1 million is not going to endear any fans.

At least Moses management had no carry on eariler this year maybe because Isaac has been cut off. And mitch told them to zip it this time after what happened when he left the tigers and the media storm that followed him

84 Baby

Referee
I don't get Oldfield over Russell or Dunster
Because:
3 weeks ago sure play the rookies but if the senior players are shitting themselves, are they the players we want to influence our next generation?