What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 match Panthers V Storm

Kilkenny

Coach
Sorry, I have just saw the updated team list. I’m flabbergasted how Staines is not in the 17 in front of Robert Jennings. It doesn’t make any sense.

Chris Smith injured? Even if Viliame is back surely Smith is there in front of Hopgood on the extended bench. J’Maine hasn’t had a crack all season.

Far be it from me to question Ivan but sometimes I just wonder the method in the madness.

WestyLife

First Grade
Why wouldn’t we just play Turuva in his best position at fullback, Staines on the wing for May and leave our centre combination as is. Sounds so obvious to me. Turuva has earned a crack, just give the kid an opportunity.

When they've been in the same team Staines has been at fullback over turuva in recent history.

Kilkenny

Coach
When they've been in the same team Staines has been at fullback over turuva in recent history.
I would have thought it is about putting out our best 17.

There are rumours going around Edwards has sustained a cracked sternum. Major concern if true. Serious injury.

Even getting needles pre game and again at half time it is a debilitating injury. I’m not sure even Dylan can play on and overcome such an injury if the diagnosis is true. Hopefully his sternum is only bruised, best we can hope for.

WestyLife

First Grade
I would have thought it is about putting out our best 17.

There are rumours going around Edwards has sustained a cracked sternum. Major concern if true. Serious injury.

Even getting needles pre game and again at half time it is a debilitating injury. I’m not sure even Dylan can play on and overcome such an injury if the diagnosis is true. Hopefully his sternum is only bruised, best we can hope for.

Let's say Turuva will be the better player long term for the sake of discussion. I still think Staines would be the better choice at fullback. He's the senior of the two players with more first grade games and as I said has been playing fullback while Turuva has been at centre or wing. Just for consistency sake it'd make the most sense if it was really worst case scenario and Edwards can't play.

Kilkenny

Coach
Let's say Turuva will be the better player long term for the sake of discussion. I still think Staines would be the better choice at fullback. He's the senior of the two players with more first grade games and as I said has been playing fullback while Turuva has been at centre or wing. Just for consistency sake it'd make the most sense if it was really worst case scenario and Edwards can't play.
I’m not suggesting anything about the better player long term, I am only posting about the best team to put out to beat the Storm.

Yes, by all means play Staines at fullback and Turuva on wing I have no issues with that.

Iamback

Coach
I’m not suggesting anything about the better player long term, I am only posting about the best team to put out to beat the Storm.

Yes, by all means play Staines at fullback and Turuva on wing I have no issues with that.

Our best 17 for this week and our best 17 if it was a final aren't the same.

If this is a semi, Staines would be in but if Staines gets hurt you need the next up to be ready.

snickers007

Juniors

On the surface this looks like an incredible statistic.
On closer inspection, there were no games between us & Melbourne at Penrith from 2016 - 2019 (we did play at Bathurst in 2019, and got destroyed).
Our 2021 game was our home game, played at Campelltown (which we won).

So really, they've only had 1 game at Penrith in that time, which was 2020.

Munky

Coach
Yeo at centre.

Did we ever line up with Lewis Brown and Yeo as starting centres?

Ivan really had a weird thing for backrowers in the centres. As I've said before it's a shame he missed the Danny Galea years.

snickers007

Juniors
Did we ever line up with Lewis Brown and Yeo as starting centres?

3 times in 2015.

Rnd 22 vs Eels. Lost 4-10
Rnd 23 vs Warriors. Won 24-10
Rnd 24 vs Dragons. Lost 19-12

Our second rowers in those games were guys like Manu, Peachey, Cartwright, Plum and Sopoaga

martielang

Bench
3 times in 2015.

Rnd 22 vs Eels. Lost 4-10
Rnd 23 vs Warriors. Won 24-10
Rnd 24 vs Dragons. Lost 19-12

Our second rowers in those games were guys like Manu, Peachey, Cartwright, Plum and Sopoaga

Not a bad back row tbh.

I thought Sopoaga was going to be an above average backrower. Got injured and then fell off the face of the earth.

snickers007

Juniors
Brandon Smith and Tui Kamikamika starting for Melbourne.

Their bench is very weak IMO. Looks like they're hoping to start fast and race out to a lead, and play their guns for long periods.

Hope we can weather the early pressure, and finish over the top.

Fangs

Coach
I like the team named. Jennings better off the bench than Staines. Plenty of people getting a chance to prove their worth tonight.

Storm should honestly win this with 3/4 of our spine out. If we win then its a huge victory.

Smug Panther

First Grade
I like the team named. Jennings better off the bench than Staines. Plenty of people getting a chance to prove their worth tonight.

Storm should honestly win this with 3/4 of our spine out. If we win then its a huge victory.
Would be fun but this game means nothing in the scheme of things. Not sure what Jenkins has to do to get a look in