What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 - Rabbitohs vs Titans: Saturday 14th August 3pm @Cbus Super Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
It's Monday morning which means it's time to move on from that last start against Parra and look towards Round 22 this week. We go up against the Titans in a Saturday afternoon game in this one. It's a special Round this week, Women In League Round. Hence why Souths will be the Pink and Green this week instead of our traditional colours. Hopefully the boys wear it with pride and it's a good chance for all of us to reflect on all the incredible women in our lives.

Anyway, in years gone by you'd look at a game against the Titans and think "easy win," but this year is different. This year, that's not the case at all. In fact, the Gold Coast currently sit seventh so this is another top eight clash and another pretty good test. They've been playing some really good Footy and are having a strong finish to the year which looks to have them set to make an appearance in the Finals. I've actually been quite impressed with a few of their displays and they can be a very tough side to contain when they're on. What's more, they'll come into this one with a lot of confidence and it's a super important game for them so I imagine they'll be extremely fired up.

For us, it's all about marching on. This is going to be a tough game no doubt, a danger game for sure! However, if you want to be one of the top teams, it's a game you really should be winning. But we're going to have to work for that this week, the Titans aren't just going to gift it to us like in years gone by. If they're going to go down, this year, they'll go down with a fight. This is why I don't want tot see us take them lightly at all, they'll get us otherwise. Treat a top eight team with the respect it deserves and the way they've been playing, they certainly deserve respect. We need to hold that ball and keep the attack flowing but once again, the main focus should be on defence. Remember what happened last time we played them? We cannot be conceding soft tries like that. Defence was a lot better last week but I want to see it continue to improve.

So a really important top eight clash in this one, it's really important we have a good week and keep building. Bring it on!!

Jim Rockford

Bench
If we turn up and play as a team like we have been we should have little trouble getting past the Titans. They definitely have some strike players but I think our defense can more than handle them. Should be a very entertaining game.

callmack1

Staff member
Here's my predicted line up for Round 22,

1. Mitchell
2. Mansour
3. Gagai
4. Graham
5. Paulo
6. Walker
7. Reynolds (C)
8. Nicholls
9. Cook
10. Burgess
11. Koloamatangi
12. Arrow
13. Murray

14. Marshall
15. Host
16. Tatola
17. Sele

Pretty self-explanatory really.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Here's my predicted line up for Round 22,

1. Mitchell
2. Mansour
3. Gagai
4. Graham
5. Paulo
6. Walker
7. Reynolds (C)
8. Nicholls
9. Cook
10. Burgess
11. Koloamatangi
12. Arrow
13. Murray

14. Marshall
15. Host
16. Tatola
17. Sele

Pretty self-explanatory really.
I don’t expect Campbell to be back. I expect Taane still at centre.

southsport

First Grade
Team is.

1 Latrell Mitchell
2. Josh Mansour
3. Dane Gagai
4. Taane Milne
5. Jaxson Paulo
6. Cody Walker
7. Adam Reynolds (c)
8. Mark Nicholls
9. Damien Cook
10. Thomas Burgess
11. Keaon Koloamatangi
12. Jai Arrow
13. Cameron Murray

14. Benji Marshall
15. Jacob Host
16. Tevita Tatola
17. Jaydn Su'A

18. Braidon Burns
19. Patrick Mago
20. Hame Sele
21. Blake Taaffe

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs Team List for Round 22: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2021/08/10/rabbitohs-team-list-for-round-22/

Another very strong team this week as we name pretty much the same side so I'm pretty happy with that. Great to see Sele back in the 21, however I would have had him on the bench in place of Su'A. Still extremely concerned about Graham and Knight, they are nowhere to be seen still.

Super strong side, bring on Saturday!

callmack1

Staff member

Rabbits20

Immortal
An Update on Dane Gagai - Rehab Report: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2021/08/13/an-update-on-dane-gagai--rehab-report/

A real blow to our backline stocks for this one, especially when you consider who we already have missing. However, I'm confident that Burnsy can step in and do a job tomorrow.

Rabbitohs 19-man squad for Round 22: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2021/08/13/rabbitohs-19-man-squad-for-round-22/
Sure is a big blow. We are vulnerable out wide now.

Still I reckon the boys we have there in the backs can get the job done.

callmack1

Staff member
We are finally there! It's game day!!! We take on the Titans this arfternoon in what is set to be a pretty important game as it stands. With the Roosters and Penrith winning last night, we have to win this game if we want to set up a second place showdown with Penrith next week. So that makes this game extremely important. Adding to that, it's a top eight clash against a side who has found some real form, and it's Women in League Round, a very special Round where we should all take a moment to celebrate the wonderful women in our lives and thank them. Hope the boys don the Pink and Green with pride this afternoon.

In the past, you'd look ata game against the Titans and think, "sweet easy win," but that is certainly not the case today. As I said, this is a top eight clash against a side who has found some real form. The Titans have been playing pretty well of late and seem to have found their groove in a Finals charge. Therefore, I see today as a really good challenge for our boys, a danger game no doubt. I don't want to see our boys take them lightly because I have no doubt they're going to lift even more for this one. If we go in with the wrong attitude, they'll pull our pants down. We need to blunt their biggest attacking weapons like Brimson, their halves and Fifita which I tell you now, won't be easy.

For us, as I alluded to before, I want to see us go in with the right attitude. The boys are hopefully seeing this as a real challenge. We have to continue to improve in defence, that's the real focus. It's going to be difficult, especially on the edges because we almost have an entirely second string backline (with no disrespect to those guys) so I'm imagining that's where the Gold Coast will target us. Mansour, Burns, Milne and Paulo are going to need to step up and do a job. If we can do that, then hopefully the brilliant attack will continue to flow. So yea, we have a fair few guys out today in the backline but that is no excuse at all. Go out there and get the job done!

Really looking forward to this one! Hurry up kick off!!

Latest posts