What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 v Cowboys

franklin2323

Immortal
Time to put last week behind us. I would go with this:

Moylan.
Mansour.
Roberts.
Whare.
Simmons.
Coote (Even if we don't play him but to put desperation in John).
Walsh.
Grant.
Kingston.
Latimore.
Brown.
Newton.
Simpkins:

Sege.
Masoe.
Ciraldo.
VTK.

franklin2323

Immortal
Any reason VTK over Cartwright? Also maybe give Austin a run at centre if Roberts is still out

Better at both ends then Cartwright. Cartwright goes MIA until we hit the 20 metre line then is great. So still needs some work VTK is a hard runner can break the line and runs good lines.

Cartwright is a ball playing forward Cartwright will be better playing when we have Plum, Docker etc that are good but lack an offload. ATM we need the extra work and power game then a fancy offloader. Though both will offer something.

The Teach

Juniors
After speaking to a member of the coaching staff this morning, its likely Nathan smith will be called up, and they're still considering bryce Cartwright. Their worry with bryce is that he has lost a bit of form lately as he's been up for a while playing against men, so the worry is that it might kill his confidence.

franklin2323

Immortal
After speaking to a member of the coaching staff this morning, its likely Nathan smith will be called up, and they're still considering bryce Cartwright. Their worry with bryce is that he has lost a bit of form lately as he's been up for a while playing against men, so the worry is that it might kill his confidence.

So no VTK? The problem with Smith is he will make tackles but has nothing in attack as is the case with Kingston and Simpkins in the backrow. I agree about Cartwright it's why I didn't put him in the original side

Scotty03

Juniors
All i know is we've lost all our mongrel in defense and can't bend the line anymore.
Yes, most of our dominant players are out injured but we're really struggling to score points as well.

If we don't roll the dice and put in some guys that could potentially break the line, get a good offload away (not that rubbish we were serving against the roosters) and keep the defense guessing, then whats the point? Just keep rolling with the punches? That equals boring footy.

I agree defense is key, but all our defensive players are out....so throw in some "unknowns". Can it really be any worse than what we've dished out in the last few weeks?

I'd like to see;

1. Moylan
2. Mansour
3. Roberts/ Brown
4. Whare
5. Simmons
6. Coote
7. John
8. Grant
9. Segz
10. Latimore
11. Brown
12. Newton
13. Kingston

14. Mosae
15. Ciraldo (can't believe I'm even typing his name)
16. VTK
17. Cartright

Cya Walsh.

JYD

Juniors
Panthers may need to seek a salary cap exemption to play Moylan if Coote is back though. An article in the SMH a few weeks back suggested that the Panthers were able to switch Coote for Wes when considering Moylan's availability but if Coote is chosen then they may not be able to play Moylan......

can't post the link to the article until i get to 20 posts though.

mxlegend99

Referee
Coote wouldnt be close to match fit, so he couldnt be forced to play. Need atleast a month back for reserves first. We had Wes play for Windsor a few weeks before losing the exemption.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Thinking purely from a promotional perspective you would play Cartwright ahead of Smith. Struggling Penrith team against a team from Nth Qld on a Sunday night is a nightmare.

Penrith locals love a local junior debut in first grade, especially one with the famous last name Bryce possesses. Might drag a few more through the gates.

franklin2323

Immortal
Cartwright is unable to play because of the 2nd tier salary cap when will people realise this ...

We have injured:

Roberts. Tighe. Humble. Plum. McKendry. Plum. Robinson. Manu. Docker. Austin 2 games back. Coote 1 game back.

We can't play with 14 when will people realise this.....

murraymob

Coach
not many people picking Austin .He has got to give us more in attack than half the forward pack

marcozzi

Juniors
We have injured:

Roberts. Tighe. Humble. Plum. McKendry. Plum. Robinson. Manu. Docker. Austin 2 games back. Coote 1 game back.

We can't play with 14 when will people realise this.....

It has been stated that, it was very very hard to get the exemption for Moylan and they said that it will be very unlikely to get another one this season ...

franklin2323

Immortal
not many people picking Austin .He has got to give us more in attack than half the forward pack

Still think he's our best lock. Though not even a full game for Windsor is the issue. Coming back from an ankle means unlike Coote & McKendry he wont have much running under him.

kiwipete

Juniors
All i know is we've lost all our mongrel in defense and can't bend the line anymore.
Yes, most of our dominant players are out injured but we're really struggling to score points as well.

If we don't roll the dice and put in some guys that could potentially break the line, get a good offload away (not that rubbish we were serving against the roosters) and keep the defense guessing, then whats the point? Just keep rolling with the punches? That equals boring footy.

I agree defense is key, but all our defensive players are out....so throw in some "unknowns". Can it really be any worse than what we've dished out in the last few weeks?

I'd like to see;

1. Moylan
2. Mansour
3. Roberts/ Brown
4. Whare
5. Simmons
6. Coote
7. John
8. Grant
9. Segz
10. Latimore
11. Brown
12. Newton
13. Kingston

14. Mosae
15. Ciraldo (can't believe I'm even typing his name)
16. VTK
17. Cartright

Cya Walsh.