What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 V Sea Eagles: Team

Sun_Down

Juniors
Karmichael Hunt
Brent Tate
Justin Hodges
Shaun Berrigan
Leon Bott
Daren Lockyer
Brett Seymour
Shane Webcke
Casey McGuire
Petro Civoniceva
David Stagg
Brad Thorn
Tonie Carroll
----------------
Corey Parker
Darren Smith
Dane Carlaw
Neville Costigan
Sam Thaiday
Berrick Barnes

...Would prefer Barnes over Costigan atm.

Big Pete

Referee
It is a good looking team, hopefully we can improve on last week, I think Hodges will definatly increase our chances.

Mr Saab

Referee
petero is not 100%.
he is still troubled by a shoulder injury.
Manly have Harris at 5/8 and the only reason he is there is to smash Lockyer.
Could be dangerous.
Brisbane have not won at brookvale since 1991. 9 straight games

Calvin

Juniors
Charlie Saab said:
petero is not 100%.
he is still troubled by a shoulder injury.
Manly have Harris at 5/8 and the only reason he is there is to smash Lockyer.
Could be dangerous.
Brisbane have not won at brookvale since 1991. 9 straight games

That is an unbelievable statistic when you consider how poor manly have been in recent years.

Mr Saab

Referee
brisbane have not played their every yr.
last time was 2000 and andrew king pulled a pass out his a$$ to gartner who scored.
16-6.
Brisbane always struggle their for some weird reason.

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Our starting 13 is very strong; except for hooker it's our strongest line-up.

Hopefully the bench will be Parker (the only certainty), Thaiday, Costigan and Barnes.

Kiwi

First Grade
I like Barnes, but I think our bench should be

Parker, Thaiday, Costigan and Carlaw.

We are struggling when Webcke and Petero leave the field. Thaiday, Parker and Carlaw should be told the are fighting for 2 spots come finals time. Because when we get Baz back, one will go.

Ghoulies

Bench
Costigan shouldn't go near that bench spot if he doesn't improve on last Saturday arvos performance.

chileman

Coach
The Manly Sea Eagles side to play the Brisbane Broncos at Brookvale Oval on Sunday is: Brett Stewart, Paul Stephenson, Terry Hill, Ashley Alberts, Chris Hicks, Sam Harris, Michael Monaghan (c), Jason King, Chad Randall, Brent Kite, Steve Menzies, Luke Williamson, Ben Kennedy.
Replacements: Shayne Dunley, Nathan Tutt, Kylie Leuluai, Mark Bryant.

Kiwi

First Grade
Ghoulies said:
Costigan shouldn't go near that bench spot if he doesn't improve on last Saturday arvos performance.

Costigan has played well for us all year, he has one bad game and your happy to piaa him off to Toowoomba, another fickle fan.

Ghoulies

Bench
Kiwi said:
Costigan has played well for us all year, he has one bad game and your happy to piaa him off to Toowoomba
Did you even see him last weekend? Costigan has a big future ahead of him, but he's in a form slump, and isn't exempt from being dropped to the Clydies yet.
another fickle fan
I'm fickle because I don't believe some rookie, who has been out of form for a month, should be a mainstay in our 17?

:lol:

Well Bennett had no problem dropping him last week, and since Neville was one of the poorer performers for the Clydies, why shouldn't Bennett leave him there again this week?

edit - Just incase you misinterpreted my post - I don't think Neville should be picked this week, but I've got no problems having him in the side if his form returns.

Mr Saab

Referee
i was not a fan of minto 2004, but this yr he has improved remarkably and has a good combo with hodges.
He is only out because of injury...not form

Striker

Juniors
Yeah i am the same, Minto has been playing very well. He is a no frills player who gets his job done. i wish tate and bott would swap wings... bott and berrigan on one wing is a bit of a high ball worry.