What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 vs. Cowboys Discussion + Voting

broncos2010

Juniors
big game for us this , can not afford to slip up here , we need to be 100 % as they are not a bad team when they fire in front of there home fans.I really think macguire and doods need to be dropped.Is hodges coming back soon or what ?

Last edited by a moderator:

AuDragon

Juniors
big game for us this , can not afford to slip up here , we need to be 100 % as they are not a bad team when they fire in front of there home fans.I really think macguire and doods need to be dropped.Is hodges coming back soon or what ?
The cows will definitely fire up for this one. I just hope they mantain their ill discipline, because on their day they can beat anyone!
But if our boys keep up their defence, we should be able to get away with a comfy win...
Latest mail on Hodges points towards a return against the Eels. :pray:

beads6

First Grade
Massive massive DANGER game IMO. Cowboys always lift for us and we are coming off a short turnaround and a brutal match against the Dragons. I'll take the 2 points for this game.

hellteam

First Grade
Will be extremely tough I reckon.

I'm not holding my breath on Hodges returning any time soon really

jdbronco

Juniors
We've got this. I think after the win against the dragons our confidence will be sky high and we will put on a real show and teach the cowboys a thing or two about footy :D

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Big game. But why would you drop McGuire and Dodds. McGuire is good going forward and can get through a lot of defense and Dodds is a fantastic defender and his go forward has improved the last couple of weeks if any forward needs to be dropped it is Kenny. I like Nick but he just isn't the same player as last year.

whykickamoocow

Juniors
Big game. But why would you drop McGuire and Dodds. McGuire is good going forward and can get through a lot of defense and Dodds is a fantastic defender and his go forward has improved the last couple of weeks if any forward needs to be dropped it is Kenny. I like Nick but he just isn't the same player as last year.
Have to agree here, if any forward needs to be dropped at the moment it's Kenny, can't see him breaking through the defence or getting any good offoads anytime soon.

gUt

Coach
This is a chance for Wallace to silence his critics by bombing the worst back 3 in the comp. Our forwards need to get on top early and force theirs into the fumbles.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
yep the cows always lift against us, and they've really been playing well in the last few weeks despite only picking up 1 win. I'm more worried about the cows than i was about the dragons. if we play as conservatively as we did against saints the cows could cause a massive boilover

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
1. Josh Hoffman
2. Antonio Winterstein
3. Alex Glenn
4. Israel Folau
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Darren Lockyer ©
7. Peter Wallace
8. Shane Tronc
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Nick Kenny
11. Matt Gillett
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker
Reserves:
14. Ben Hunt
15. Josh McGuire
16. Mitchell Dodds
17. Scott Anderson

Same team as last week can't really blame Henjak. Good to hear that Hodges and Teo will be returning next week hopefully.

Snappy

Coach
Any news on if JT has anything to answer for about the decent from the weekend ?

Broncos fan!

Juniors
I would think that Yow Yeh will go to the left wing with Glenn as centre and Folau to the right wing with Te'o as centre. That's the most logical solution to me...

The way Folau is going at the moment in the centres I don't think it would be very logical to put him on the wing.

Did Winterstein get dropped or is he injured?

AuDragon

Juniors
Winter has a knee injury and was ruled out.

Folau should still be able to roam in attack, but defend on the wing with Te'o and his left shoulder inside, putting the fear of god into Tonga and Thurston... ;-)

lockyno1

Post Whore
Where the hell is Kemp? If he is playing..surely a 60% fit Kemp on the wing is better than Gillett on the wing!