What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 vs Rickyless Raiders

thebigredv

First Grade
Mybe at fullback says it all about what we've got to look forward to under current regime. More months of pain ahead guaranteed.

Yep he's relatively safe. The season's gone. What's safe going to do for us.

People bag Bennett for salting the Earth when he left but this coach is happy to do it right under our noses. It's just a job to him. Not an ounce of passion or compassion from the bloke.

Honestly, I'm at the end of my tether in supporting this club. If sitting back and continually copping it from our own club managers is what I've signed up for, get me out.

Yeah - he'll have his regular 10 minutes at the death, when the game is gone from us - presumably with the instruction to "go out there and make a difference".
So is that regular 10 minutes at the death a fact, or just made up to support your view? Because you might want to tell nrl.com they got their stats wrong when they have him playing 26 minutes against Sharks last week.

thebigredv

First Grade
So is that regular 10 minutes at the death a fact, or just made up to support your view? Because you might want to tell nrl.com they got their stats wrong when they have him playing 26 minutes against Sharks last week.

By my math, that's 54 minutes too many for a player who has no part to play in our future. He plays a role to fill in but suddenly he is first pick just like we all feared when he was bought for a bargain a year ago.

Losses are part and parcel for struggling clubs like ours but with no real plans for the future - that's what is hard to take.

Amone just got resigned. We are all pleased to have locked in a young player yada yada....The reality is he's been solid and not much else. This time last year, along with Sullivan, he was barely getting game time when another season was dead and buried. I for one was screaming to let them all play and throw caution to the wind. Conservative coach couldn't have it. We can't be certain Amone is our future 5/8. Next to one of the best halfbacks in the game he has managed to develop a far less than potent attacking game with very limited kicking ability. That's the truth. Just another question mark to go in with next year despite the fact we all like to sugar-coat everything with faith and trust and hope and loyalty...

Now we have to sign him and hope he gets better in a place where players don't generally seem to develop. Look at Lomax, untapped potential.

Griffin thinks he can fool us by swapping assistants. That's just buying time if ever I have seen it.

By my math, that's 54 minutes too many for a player who has no part to play in our future. He plays a role to fill in but suddenly he is first pick just like we all feared when he was bought for a bargain a year ago.
Again, get your facts right please. Mbye was never first pick for fullback, not signed as a fullback. Ramsey is currently first pick for fullback. Mbye is a utility who was selected to fill in at fullback with Ramsey injured. I felt safer for the 54 minutes Mbye played fullback against the Sharks than I did the last 26 minutes with a kid who could one day be a great fullback, but at present is not up to it.

thebigredv

First Grade
Again, get your facts right please. Mbye was never first pick for fullback, not signed as a fullback. Ramsey is currently first pick for fullback. Mbye is a utility who was selected to fill in at fullback with Ramsey injured. I felt safer for the 54 minutes Mbye played fullback against the Sharks than I did the last 26 minutes with a kid who could one day be a great fullback, but at present is not up to it.

I get a feeling you are going to love the next few years under Griffin. Not a lot of wins but we can watch a lot of old queenslanders that love each other run around.

He is a utility that has become a mainstay in a loser team just he was at the Tigers.

I get a feeling you are going to love the next few years under Griffin. Not a lot of wins but we can watch a lot of old queenslanders that love each other run around.

He is a utility that has become a mainstay in a loser team just he was at the Tigers.
Why? I have already stated that I prefer a change of coach, that we can do better than Hook. But last week, and this week, and possibly the last 3 weeks of this season, Hook is our coach. He has a squad he has to use at the moment, and with Ramsey injured, the right call for the team was to select Mbye at fullback. He may not be the future, and will never be first pick for fullback. But playing him in that position last week was the best option available. Mbye had a decent game at fullback last week, as a fill in.

And, I love my Dragons every year, win or lose. Would I prefer they be better, challenging for top 4? Of course I would. Changing the coach is not going to be the answer. It would be one small step in the right direction, but a lot more than just that needs changing.

thebigredv

First Grade
Why? I have already stated that I prefer a change of coach, that we can do better than Hook. But last week, and this week, and possibly the last 3 weeks of this season, Hook is our coach. He has a squad he has to use at the moment, and with Ramsey injured, the right call for the team was to select Mbye at fullback. He may not be the future, and will never be first pick for fullback. But playing him in that position last week was the best option available. Mbye had a decent game at fullback last week, as a fill in.

And, I love my Dragons every year, win or lose. Would I prefer they be better, challenging for top 4? Of course I would. Changing the coach is not going to be the answer. It would be one small step in the right direction, but a lot more than just that needs changing.
So how do you feel about Moga on the wing ahead of Sloan?

We fielded two wingers and a fullback against the Sharks that could barely complete 100m in under 20 seconds. Who makes that call? Hook makes that call. He gets it wrong constantly.

Latest posts