What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 vs Rickyless Raiders

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Sorry to say Hook Weill be here next season. Barrett being interviews for assistant coach next year… guess who’s on the interview panel…. You’re favourite coach. Seems to suggest he will be here
If Barrett is Hook's idea- and Chairman Craig told us that assistant coaches were were the province of the Coach- Hook is intentionally or unintentionally being very clever. With Barrett finishing 13th, 6th and 15th in his three years at Manly and 16th at the Bulldogs with a winning percentage of 15%, Barrett would seemingly offer no threat to Hook as Head Coach-at least in the short term- and I would imagine the duration of his contract is all that Hook would be focussed on. At best, he would be hoping Barrett could reprise his assistant form from Penrith- and make Hook look better than he really is. Of course, this is St George Illawarra and logic/common sense is in short supply and so in Rick Blaine's immortal words in Casablanca "it doesn't take much to see that the problems of three little people (Hook and his ex assistants) don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world".

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I have a feeling today will be a defining point in our season, if not our Club's history.

A lot of 'Press" around. A lot of it negative. A lot of rumoured unrest amongst the playing group. A lot of self-indulgent' speak from certain players.

The big question is will we play to win or turn our toes up at what's going on internally within the Club? As I said a real defining game today, imo.

Interestingly, our 'media' chose to show the "coach's preview" pic with Hook AND Bud. I had a small lol at that.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
The Raiders still have a shot at the 8 with an easier run home than the Roosters so they'll be up for this as a game they'll think they should win. Their attack is as dismal as ours but their defence is as good as some teams in the top 8.
Our bench is looking iffy and of our forwards, Fui, MMolo, JHunt and Burns have just 12 games between them this season (JHunt 11 minutes) and plenty of missed tackles. If Ramsey is back that would help, giving us a bit of speed. We'll need to go around their forwards, no use going up the middle, not many holes there. Go wide and use Moga like we do with Suli (he's a 109kg winger, give him the freakin ball !), use him to punch through the line with Ramsey and Bird backing up.
I don't really care much what happens for the rest of this season, we're not making the 8 and I can't see where any improvement can happen next year but the boys might finish the year with a flurry now the pressure is off to make the 8. If I was them I'd ditch any Hook game plan and just play for themselves and a bit of pride, go for broke.

Dragons by 13+
I've been a Burns fan and supporter based on his end of season form last year but it seems to me that he he is showing all the signs of not having a pre-season and starting the season late due to the foot stress fractures. He looks unfit, slow and off the pace. I have no idea how Fui has scored a bench role- I see him as a perennial undisciplined, mistake ridden underachiever. Says something about the quality of our recruiting when our bench has him on it.

redv13

Bench
I have a feeling today will be a defining point in our season, if not our Club's history.

A lot of 'Press" around. A lot of it negative. A lot of rumoured unrest amongst the playing group. A lot of self-indulgent' speak from certain players.

The big question is will we play to win or turn our toes up at what's going on internally within the Club? As I said a real defining game today, imo.

Interestingly, our 'media' chose to show the "coach's preview" pic with Hook AND Bud. I had a small lol at that.
I can smell a drubbing today. Raiders to win by 30+

redandwhite4evr

Juniors

It seems like only yesterday that SGI fans-including me- were embracing the possibilities of attacking football that the new golden era of Sloan, Amone and Sullivan would bring to our NRL team- instinctive understanding between the three of them reminiscent of the Ella Brothers playing for Randwick and then the Wallabies all those years ago. It still might happen but the dream is rapidly fading.

Crush

Coach
Watching FOX, Brandy, Braith and Ennis ripping dragons. Saying they are an absolute mess. How Hook has destroyed Sloan and Sullivan confidence, how the old blokes aren’t performing.
All shaking their heads as to why Mbye was ever selected at fullback ahead of Sloan, absolutely nothing to gain from Mbye at 1.
Refreshing to hear others say what we all have been saying for months now, we’ll most of us that is.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Watching FOX, Brandy, Braith and Ennis ripping dragons. Saying they are an absolute mess. How Hook has destroyed Sloan and Sullivan confidence, how the old blokes aren’t performing.
All shaking their heads as to why Mbye was ever selected at fullback ahead of Sloan, absolutely nothing to gain from Mbye at 1.
Refreshing to hear others say what we all have been saying for months now, we’ll most of us that is.
I don't care how much I love the club. I want the media to tear our management to absolute shreds and defend our youngsters.

C'mon Murdoch, do your thing

dungay dragon

Juniors
Dont want to play Devils Advocate but comparing the two and their performances at 1 Mbye has clearly been the safest and most consistent .
Was brought to the Club to cover many positions and has done that .
Clearly a Hook type player Low Risk and low on mistakes , but unlikely to win you a game
Sloan ..plenty of upside , bit rocks n diamonds at present , and there maybe attitude issues.Could win you a game with sheer brilliance , but could cost you also .
Not a fan of whats happening but just stating the facts

Dont want to play Devils Advocate but comparing the two and their performances at 1 Mbye has clearly been the safest and most consistent .
Clearly a Hook type player Low Risk and low on mistakes , but unlikely to win you a game
Sloan ..plenty of upside , bit rocks n diamonds at present , and there maybe attitude issues.Could win you a game with sheer brilliance , but could cost you also .
Here's a tip, save your breath mate

Crush

Coach
What’s the upside of Mbye at 1?
Yep, reliable. Yep, handy. Yep, good bloke.
Team currently 11th with no attacking prowess, inability to score points.
What was the point? Surely we were better off playing Sloan at fullback until Ramsey was fit?
We lost most games anyway? Give Sloan solid regular minutes against multiple opponents in various conditions and see how he goes?
At least we’d know more about him, no?

dungay dragon

Juniors
What’s the upside of Mbye at 1?
Yep, reliable. Yep, handy. Yep, good bloke.
Team currently 11th with no attacking prowess, inability to score points.
What was the point? Surely we were better off playing Sloan at fullback until Ramsey was fit?
We lost most games anyway? Give Sloan solid regular minutes against multiple opponents in various conditions and see how he goes?
At least we’d know more about him, no?
Moga on the wing is just unfathomable .
Mentioned previously wouldve given Sloan a crack there utilising his speed and gaining some confidence , without the added pressure of fullback
Mbye at centre is just as puzzling
we presently would have the slowest backline in the NRL

Latest posts