What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 vs Rickyless Raiders

qld redvee

Juniors
The way he has played and keeps getting picked you can’t help but think Hook is his manager. Should have been banished weeks ago.
offers nothing in attack and a huge liability in defence but MUST be included in the team . How we hated those picks in the previous regime .... even with kerr on the outer he would offer more

Well our season is now officially over so im expecting to see a lot of juniors selected in the next few games to give them some experience since it no longer matters about us making the 8. This had better be the case because i and quite a few other 10yr plus members will get very close to the coach next Sat morning for the special meet and greet that the Dragons have organised. If he hasn't selected any young guys, this will be our big chance to tell him exactly what we think of his selection and coaching methods-and believe me after today i wont be holding back. This is the opportunity a lot of members have waited for , so i hope all the 10yr plus members turn up and voice their disapproval. This crap has gone on long enough.Another dismal year with a dismal finish

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
need the help of my esteemed forum friends ....Why did Fui not get even a minute on the field ???? according to Nrl he got NO minutes.. Now I only saw glimpses of the game and surely having a fresh player to bring on to even slot into the centres to rest mbye would have helped the team .. We are "fighting " for the semis and dont play our full squad -- absolutely ludicrous .. What is hooks reasoning behind this . Another year gone , no bbq gate to blame on this year with technically a better squad in hooks eyes . Sack him on octber 31 install flanno on 2 years with club option for 3rd BUT with KPI's to keep everyone happy . Throw the bank at browny to come back for pathways and junior development and get some decent cattle .............
Genuinely had NO CLUE that he was even supposed to play. In a game where everyone was out on their feet, and it didn't strike Hook to you know, use our full interchange bench? Like any decent coach would? Everything we see week in, week out further goes to show that Hook is a fool who did a half-decent impersonation of an NRL coach at Penrith, got called out on it, got picked up by none other than.... our incompetent board!

On a side note, I know a lot of my recent posts have been super negative and I apologise, it's just that it sucks being a Dragons fan atm :/

dannyt

Coach
if you ask me the pass mark should have been to have a competitive side all season and a big improvement from last year, both a dismal fail
My comment was directed at the the board. It's a direct quote from BJ-he said it while being interviewed when he was CEO, and it was regarding McGregor's performance as coach.

Your pass mark is what most would expect.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Interesting watching the dynamic between Lomax and Moga. I just don't think Moga rates him. Little things only players see but I think Zac needs to go back to cup.
I will agree with you to a degree but Moga should be dropped, i noticed When Lomax got bundled into touch Moga tried to stop it to no avail and then walked away and left Lomax on the ground didn't attempt to help him up like you would see most team mates do, also when Feagai slipped in goal and Canberra scored, same thing Burns just walked away didn't bother to console or help Feagai up, from the footage that i saw, no team harmony...

dannyt

Coach
I will agree with you to a degree but Moga should be dropped, i noticed When Lomax got bundled into touch Moga tried to stop it to no avail and then walked away and left Lomax on the ground didn't attempt to help him up like you would see most team mates do, also when Feagai slipped in goal and Canberra scored, same thing Burns just walked away didn't bother to console or help Feagai up, from the footage that i saw, no team harmony...
So you noticed the little things only players see?;)

rasaint

Juniors
Reading through some good posts.

Yes I’d like to see the squad strengthen. However, some comments harsh in my view. Moga was an exceptional centre pre knee reconstructions and he is doing a satisfactory job as replacement winger. Agree should have stuck to wing yesterday when Savage attacked but id be nervous as a winger with Zac Lomax trying to match it laterally with a very fast player. Moga caught high balls and scored a wingers try.
Mybe had a bit of an off day after being sound past games. However in Feagai break he wasn’t ‘slow’ ( he is reasonably quick) he sensibly moved back inside for any pass or kick through as Feagai angled closer to touch line as defence in numbers moved across.
Agree with Old Timer that Lomax should start preparing for a role ( possibly rangy lock like Graeme Bradley/ Panthers Isaiah Yeo in forwards. He simply doesn’t have an impact in centres. He can carry strongly in traffic and tackle well head on. He is a good goal kicker. Maybe bulk another 5 kegs on the 190 cm frame and watch Isaiah Yeo of the Panthers.

denis preston

First Grade
Moga's ball returns were rubbish and got pushed back every time and that was supposed to be his forte. Burns is just getting worse & worse but with him I can see a footballer inside that the coaching cannot open up ( mind you his defence is still deplorable and opens up another discussion on what they actually do at training )

redv13

Bench
Yeah watching the replay of the Feagai break, Mbye cannot be faulted. He was up there with Feagai and correctly manoeuvres inside whilst trying to navigate between 5 or 6 raiders players. Just a shame there were no other desperate support players with Mbye. Both Feagai and Mbye tried their guts out on that last play. The other 11 players obviously stood back and cheered them on 😳

TruSaint

Referee
Yeah watching the replay of the Feagai break, Mbye cannot be faulted. He was up there with Feagai and correctly manoeuvres inside whilst trying to navigate between 5 or 6 raiders players. Just a shame there were no other desperate support players with Mbye. Both Feagai and Mbye tried their guts out on that last play. The other 11 players obviously stood back and cheered them on 😳

Mbye is the new Marketo for fans to bash.

He was bought in as a utility player and I recall well his first interview where he stated words to the effect of " I will play any role to help the team, even off the bench ".

He's not the most gifted player, but puts in week in week out and by all accounts is a positive influence.

Be it in the halves, hooker or FB , he does his job.

Our issues are much bigger than a "squad" player filling in, where and when he can.

dannyt

Coach

He was bought in as a utility player and I recall well his first interview where he stated words to the effect of " I will play any role to help the team, even off the bench ".

He's not the most gifted player, but puts in week in week out and by all accounts is a positive influence.

Our issues are much bigger than a "squad" player filling in, where and when he can.
You make some fair points, but I really wanted to throttle someone after he kicked that ball dead yesterday.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I dont see lack of "having a go" at all . It is the lack of systems & coaching that is the keystone to where we are now.
the lack of everything in this club equates to players playing like they're only there for a paycheck...Is anyone else surprised that BH is having his best season on the final year of his contract?

redv13

Bench

Mate agree 100%. He’s been one of our most consistent players all year. Nothing flash but does his job whether it’s at 1,4,6,7,9,14. I have nothing but respect for the bloke and the way he has carried himself on and off the field this year

Mjab

Juniors
I’ll be interested to see what team he names for next week. Will he give more fringe/ developing players a run like Sloan, Bud and Hunt or play the loyalty card giving the old stagers a farewell in first grade. I’m thinking the latter. Also be interested to see if Woods has played enough games to exercise his option to stay another year
Please No re Woods
How could the club give him a year with an option , why didnt they just give him a year so we can Fxxx him off
Who signs these crap players , better off with a junior coming through

redv13

Bench
Please No re Woods
How could the club give him a year with an option , why didnt they just give him a year so we can Fxxx him off
Who signs these crap players , better off with a junior coming through
He must have a $$$ incentive for the amount of 6 agains conceded. People put shit on Lawrie for 6 agains but I guarantee you that Woods is up there too. At least Lawrie has a crack every game and busts his guts with the ball and in defence unlike Woods

Latest posts