What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 - Broncos vs Rabbitohs, Thursday 16th of August 7:50pm @ Suncorp Stadium

Itsamansgame

Juniors
To be brutally honest.. No more injuries coming into the long turn around for the Canberra game is probably more important than a win at this point in time.
DKOR we need that 1 victory to rap up a top 4 spot,I'd rather it came sooner than later.
I would like my life to be tranquil and stress free for a couple of weeks before the semis.
If we win on Thursday it gives us the luxury of giving the guys a extra week of rehab if needed!

DKOR we need that 1 victory to rap up a top 4 spot,I'd rather it came sooner than later.
I would like my life to be tranquil and stress free for a couple of weeks before the semis.
If we win on Thursday it gives us the luxury of giving the guys a extra week of rehab if needed!

I think you'll be surprised and I reckon we've done enough already. There's a few teams in the top eight that look to be paddling a little bit at the moment and a few of the teams outside the eight are finally starting to show some form.

There's a few upsets left in this season but there's maybe only one spot in the top four up for grabs and probably only one in the eight as well. It won't be us or the Roosters to drop out of the four.

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member
Despite the fact that we could be hugely depleated in the backline for this one, I'm really looking forward to it (as I do this game). We were close last week in a solid performance and it'll be pretty interesting to see how the boys respond and how they adjust to our possible reshuffle in the backs.

Whoever plays where (such as Gags at fullback) is going to benefit from having the whole week to train there and hopefully a few of these guys like Kennar and Fui who are in some doubt are actually good to go.

What's more, if our forwards can keep rolling like they have been, it'll go a long way to securing the win.

I think this is going to be a pretty tough outing considering our injuries and the boys will really have to dig deep, the Broncos are gonna be up for this I'm sure and we'll have to counter that.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
I think you'll be surprised and I reckon we've already done enough already. There's a few teams in the top eight that look to be paddling a little bit at the moment and a few of the teams outside the eight are finally starting to show some form.

There's a few upsets left in this season but there's maybe only one spot in the top four up for grabs and probably only one in the eight as well. It won't be us or the Roosters to drop out of the four.
I'll kiss ya little Bunny paw if your right...god I hope your right!

callmack1

Staff member

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
If we can manage to get GI back this week and Graham does play then we could lineup with something like

1. GI
2. Graham
3. Burns
4. Gagai
5. Hunt

14. Fuimaono

That’s still a very solid backline. Pretty excited by that. Even if GI is out I reckon Gagai can slot pretty comfortably into fullback and Fuimaono into centre. Only question would then be who the utility role goes too and I really think Tracey deserves a shot. He’s a cut above the rest in reserve grade.

Rsag85

Bench
Aj just had some tightness in the hammy but is back running
Jennings is back training with the boys as well
Zane Musgrove looks to be available this week as well mostly likely for the Bears

Rsag85

Bench
If we can manage to get GI back this week and Graham does play then we could lineup with something like

1. GI
2. Graham
3. Burns
4. Gagai
5. Hunt

14. Fuimaono

That’s still a very solid backline. Pretty excited by that. Even if GI is out I reckon Gagai can slot pretty comfortably into fullback and Fuimaono into centre. Only question would then be who the utility role goes too and I really think Tracey deserves a shot. He’s a cut above the rest in reserve grade.

Inglis is not back this week

callmack1

Staff member
Alrighty guys, I've finally got some inside info (sort of) to report. I was speaking with Mawene Hiroti's gilfriend's brother just before and he said that Mawene is gonna be named on the bench in that utilty role for this week!

That's so awesome! No certainty to actually get on but if he does, I'll be so proud. A guy from my little home province of Taranaki, NZ, making his debut for the mighty Red and Green, gonna be pretty cool!

That also seems to indicate that either Kennar or Graham is good to go because I believe that Hiroti would've been brought onto the wing in the starting Line Up if both of them were gonna be out.

I get excited for every game but I'm really excited for this one now!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Seibold’s insights were the same backline after the 2 minute mark from the roosters game plus a debutant. So no graham or GI abut Kennar is good to go and so is Fui. Looks like Hiroti will debut as well.
He did say bro there is a potential debutant coming in to the starting team.

I’d suspect that is Hiroti coming in for the injured Kennar and I’d expect Britt/Tracey/Brittain will be a late inclusion on the bench.

I expect Hiroti to start on the wing for Richie but Seibs doesn’t want the spotlight on Mawene.

I’d also expect Hunt to shift to right wing to mark Oates and have Hiroti left wing on Isaako.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Alrighty guys, I've finally got some inside info (sort of) to report. I was speaking with Mawene Hiroti's gilfriend's brother just before and he said that Mawene is gonna be named on the bench in that utilty role for this week!

That's so awesome! No certainty to actually get on but if he does, I'll be so proud. A guy from my little home province of Taranaki, NZ, making his debut for the mighty Red and Green, gonna be pretty cool!

That also seems to indicate that either Kennar or Graham is good to go because I believe that Hiroti would've been brought onto the wing in the starting Line Up if both of them were gonna be out.

I get excited for every game but I'm really excited for this one now!!
I actually wouldn’t be surprised bro if Kennar is a late scratching and Hiroti comes onto the wing.... maybe they just don’t want the spotlight on him...

If Kennar is aye ok Hiroti may get no game time but it’s still very cool for him to be named.