What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 - Panthers vs Rabbitohs: Friday 20th August 8:05pm @Suncorp Stadium

truthslayer

Juniors
Penrith all kissing Josh Mansour after the game, for his great game for them. The ref was awful. Tom had his worst game his dropped ball a turning point. The commentators gave a great lick-ass commentary for penrith. Some of the fwds slackened off allowing the little blokes too isolated in defense. Would rather Paulo than Mansour . Murray was outstanding.

Nealo 12

Bench
RRRAAABBBBIITTTOOOHHHSSSS

RRRAAABBBIITTTOOOHHHSSSS

AAAYYEEE OOOHHHH RRAAABBIITTT PRRROOOFFFF

AYYYYYEEE OOOHHHHH RRAAABBBIITTTT PPRRROOOFFFF

HAVE A LOOK ATKINS THEY ARE HOLDING ON TOO LONG SIX MORE SIR SIX MORE BBBBBBOOOOOO GET EM ONSIDE

South Sydney CLAP CLAP CLAP

South Sydney CLAP CLAP CLAP

South Sydney BANG ON THE SEATS IN FRONT OF YOU STAMP YOUR FEET SCREAM YOUR LUNGS OUT

SCREAM AND JUMP UP AND DOWN IN YOUR LOUNGEROOM

View attachment 52540

How good does that ladder look guys. I meant to post it a few days ago but forgot.

What a season we have had so far being right up there.

Stoked that at worst come finals we cant finish lower than 3rd.

I think this calls for a round of Glory Glory!

whats the second chorus ?

soc123_au

Staff member
See you in a few weeks merkins. Fix up the discipline and we should get a cracker of a game. I think your boys got rattled from not having a team roll over and they then started losing their shit with the grubby stuff. The downtown call was a rough one. The call was technically correct, but I'll admit I'd still be pissed if it was us on the wrong end of it.

callmack1

Staff member
God, I am so frickin frustrated right now. So frustrated. Really feel like we could have won that, it was close but we could have at least made it closer.

A fantastic start, brilliant in fact. Almost the best we've played all year. We absolutely dominated them in that opening 20 minutes and they had no answers, jeez we looked good. As I said, complete domination. Now, a quick thing I want to say before I go on, I normally hate blaming refs and try to avoid it but tonight it is completely valid in my opinion.

I have no doubt that from that point on, we were reffed out of the game. It all started from Mansour being called out of that play where he could have scored off the grubber to make it 18-0. If we go 18-0 up it's a completely different game. But no, Atkins wasn't having it. Some of the penalties were valid to be fair but the majority were just BS. Not just penalties against us, but we weren't getting calls we should have either. Knock ons, forward passes, a strip on Tom when there's three in the tackle, Luai knees mansour in the head and no call, a blatant obrstruction for their third try, and then whatever the hell downtown is?!! A disgraceful refereeing performance, one of the worst of seen. Say I'm making excuses, say what you like but it's not gonna change my view. The Panthers massively got the rub of the green and we all know it.

From there, we were never allowed into it. The forwards were constantly on the backfoot as a result, and Cody, Reyno and Trell had nothing to work with. Of course we were going to play like that with a 14-2 penalty count against us. What do you expect?

I'm actually pretty proud of the boys. Despite Atkins doing his best to screw us over, we stayed in the contest and stayed with them. We defended our asses off at times and that last try was just fatigue, of course that's going to happen. Pretty proud of our defensive effort. We also showed early that we are capable of actually dominating Penrith or Melbourne if we're on. That's a good sign.

It's just frustrating to not be allowed to be in the contest, it's disgraceful in fact. We get an even rub of the green and it's a completely different game. We win in my opinion. I'm not saying we don't have nothing to work on because the fact remains we still couldn't turn the tide and lost but this game doesn't really show us anything in my opinion.

The Panthers can have that one. they can have their gifted false sense of security. We are coming for them in three weeks time, the one that really matters.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Penrith all kissing Josh Mansour after the game, for his great game for them. The ref was awful. Tom had his worst game his dropped ball a turning point. The commentators gave a great lick-ass commentary for penrith. Some of the fwds slackened off allowing the little blokes too isolated in defense. Would rather Paulo than Mansour . Murray was outstanding.

Sauce is well loved obviousy by the Penrith players, and also the Penrith community. He is well loved by all, spending the majority of his career at Penrith.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Seriously on that performance we can say goodbye after another prelim.

You have to be disciplined especially when under the pump which is what Walker and Latrell will be.

Smug Panther

First Grade
You want to blame the refs while Cody Walker plays for your side? Haha he's on par with Myth Moses. Going gets tough.....hes gets gone

Rabbits20

Immortal
See you in a few weeks merkins. Fix up the discipline and we should get a cracker of a game. I think your boys got rattled from not having a team roll over and they then started losing their shit with the grubby stuff. The downtown call was a rough one. The call was technically correct, but I'll admit I'd still be pissed if it was us on the wrong end of it.
Lol you’d be crying foul with an 11-2 penalty count if it was against you.

Mansour was onside on that grubber too and they didn’t let it play out for bunker to decide. Would’ve been 16-0 there.

Ball was stripped off Tom.

Cook was onside at marker diving on ball.

S. Crichton and Kikau knocks on ignored.

Forward pass in lead up to second try ignored.

Try to go up from 14-12 to 18-12 blatant obstruction.

The list goes on mate, you got managed back into it with an 11-1 penalty count after the first 25mins and you know it.

Even Roosters faithful on social media are saying Souths were dudded.

You have also failed to mention Mr Atkins was became a life member of the Penrith referees association in November 2018 FACT.

You should also know you have close to a 75percent win record against him whilst Souths have a 45 percent or less win rate with him.

Souths are the most disciplined team in the comp and only conceded 12 penalties the last 3 weeks. But with Atkins this year we have lost every game and lost the penalties 23-4.

If that happened to you guys you would be seething your can deny it but I know you would be.

The fact it seems Penrith only had 2 illegalities in 80mins is laughable yet we are 700percent worse give me a break.....

Tom dropped one ball, you can’t let that define his whole game

Mansour is a goose, I’m not so pissed off by his performance under the high ball etc, I’m more pissed off at his attitude, he clearly went into the game with vendettas & niggle on his mind, right from the start his mind seemed to be on niggling old mates & it wasn’t on doing his best for the team, he ran past a Penrith player early & clipped him with his knee when running onside, that’s where his mind was, he gave penalties away, pushed & shoved, got in players faces when they made mistakes & then Penrith chose to expose him & confirmed that his mind wasn’t on the game & they made him look silly & I have to wonder what part his mindset played in that

Wizardman

First Grade
Im a neutral fan in this one. But, that loss was on Souths last night.
First 30 minutes, you outright dominated them by playing perfect football. Then, you gave three absolute stupid (but justified penalties) plus a Burgess drop to let them back in the game when you could have outright closed the gate on them. Panthers had a shitload of luck with scoring those two first half tries but your club's ill discipline gave them the opportunity to score them. That Mansour had a huge chip on his shoulder last night and it was to his absolute detriment. Without the injury, he may well have been hooked anyway. It led to a bit of a collapse by the side.
Second half, lets face it, your forwards were completely outplayed. That Nicholls call by the letter of the law was correct....but geez it looked wrong. Penrith with their excellent discipline never let them back into the contest. That is on Souths.
I am tired of the whinge people give about penalty counts. I thought the game was well conducted by the ref and the majority of those penalties were from ill discipline and stupidity by Souths. Penrith were the better side through the contest and deserved that win.
Souths need to
*Fix their discipline from key players
*Find some added punch from their bench somewhere (Benji on the bench at this stage of the year is a waste of a spot, need big mobile bodies from here on in).
*Find two wingers who can catch and play. I think they need to go to the open market for that one.

The call was not even technically correct at all. The downtown rule places someone out of play if they are in front of the play the ball. Nicholls was not in front of the play the ball. Both Nicholls and Murray were in front of the kicker and stayed beyond 10 metres of kick receiver. Both back onside when Naden plays at the ball at the ball with his foot. Murray makes the legal tackle with legal one on one strip, and Nicholls behind Murray legally picks the ball up.
The ref was correctly going to let play continue until overruled by an incorrect bunker call. If we must have a bunker, at least put people in there that know the rules.

Botany Rabbit

Juniors
We are the most disciplined team in the comp.
It isn’t hard to work out why you guys won tonight. Ref was shocking.

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs winning streak comes to an end against Panthers: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...ning-streak-comes-to-an-end-against-panthers/

Press Conference - Round 23: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2021/08/20/press-conference-panthers-v-rabbitohs---round-23-2021/

'Better than Dubbo' - Upside for Bennett after streak ends: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/08/20/better-than-dubbo-upside-for-bennett-after-streak-ends/

‘Nobody’s got any idea’ - Wayne ‘dumbfounded’ by penalty that stung Souths: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/41501157b32e7ce5fc0a2749a231a196

Souths ‘haven’t turned up against the big teams’. Now they’re left needing Wayne’s ‘magic’: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...k/news-story/51b92ebdd1df06a90669ffa76609ea1f

Latest posts